Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    LefFieldLefField Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    revned wrote: »
    That is basically your, year-end bonus.

LefField: I just left CRC this past Friday and going through their orientation in Kuwait right now. Where are you going?

Make sure when you get a confirmed CRC date that your flight itinerary and LOA is correct, meaning your first, lastname, initial is correct or else your info does not match on the army system and will have to be running around trying to fix stuff and having a CAC is important is it is what they use to validate. Last thing you want is spend another week at CRC because of not having a CAC. If you have AKO access already, I suggest you go ahead and complete as much CBTs as possible before getting to CRC.

Thanks for the info revned. I have one more hoop to jump through with OCCU-MED that will be cleared up tomorrow then I'll be good to go.

I'm not sure where I will be but it sounds like I won't be at Arifjan. The position that I will be filling in Kuwait Remote VTC Technican I. I hope I am note stuck on camp but if I am oh well. My boy is at Arifjan and has a vehicle.

I am currently a contractor at the Air Force Academy out here in Colorado Springs so I have all of my CBT's up to date. Where can I get a list of there requirements and can I get a AKO account early?
  • Options
    kspenc083kspenc083 Member Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Clearance Level,

Gents, one of the main reasons I was applying the a position with Vectrus was to obtain the SECRET clearance, while in the Army I had a confidential, but that was years ago. After you guys finish your one year assignment how long is the SECRET clearance in effect?

~Thanks
  • Options
    revnedrevned Member Posts: 22 ■■□□□□□□□□
    kspence083: Clearance is good for 10 years so if you only stay on with Vectrus for 1 year, you still have 9 years left before a renewal. What happens is, if you only stay on for 1 year the clearance goes inactive, but the next job will just need to re-activate your status without needing a brand new investigation.
  • Options
    revned: I found out that I'll be going to Camp Buehring as long as everything with Occu-Med goes as planned. I had knee surgery 2 Dec so I have to get a wavier from USARCENT to allow me to go. Should hear something in 3-5 days. Where did you go through CRC?
  • Options
    CyberJosh95CyberJosh95 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey guys,

I have SEC+,NET+,A+. TS Clearance and about 2 years worth of experience. Think I have a chance getting a contract here at Vectrus? I would even like help desk.
  • Options
    Is overtime calculated at time and a half in Kuwiat?
  • Options
    revnedrevned Member Posts: 22 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LefField: I hope you get a waiver. Fort Bliss is the CRC location now. It is actually pretty good and everything is within walking distance or you can utilize the staff duty shuttle's which are good 24/7. Fort Bliss has a very nice mall that has Buffalo Wild Wings and Texas Road House. Contractors in Camp Buehring pretty much stay on post but some live off post at their own expense. Overtime is calculated at 1.25 in Kuwait

CyberJosh: If you have a TS, there are other companies that would hire you just for that clearance. However, there are new positions opening up especially for Help Desk positions. Your experience and certs would definitely qualify you. You will need to get another cert though as those only apply to the baseline requires. You'll need to another cert to satisfy the computing environment, I took Microsoft's MTA Server Essentials. If your confident enough, I suggest you take server+ or get the Windows 7 cert.
  • Options
    Cool. Thanks for the info! I was hoping to be at one of the other bases. But hey I'll save up more money.
  • Options
    yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Definitely....
    Hey guys,

I have SEC+,NET+,A+. TS Clearance and about 2 years worth of experience. Think I have a chance getting a contract here at Vectrus? I would even like help desk.
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)
  • Options
    CyberJosh95CyberJosh95 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    revned: Thanks for that input! I've applied for two of the help desk jobs, have not heard anything back from them. I was able to find a Vectrus recruiters information online. lol. Do you think it would be a bad idea to send her an email?
  • Options
    w1retapw1retap Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, I was reading this thread and it got me really interested.

I'm currently in the middle of switching careers to IT. I'm going to be sitting for the A+ and the soon after Net+. I don't have any paid experience in IT, but I do have volunteer work. No prior military experience, so I'm sure these are detriments.

If I understand correctly would the best path to take after completing the A+, Net+ be getting my Sec+ and afterwards getting a Server+ or Windows 7 cert (either 680,685 or 686, correct?)

Last question, for someone in my position, what job titles would give me the best chance of getting an entry-level type position? Helpdesk?
  • Options
    wtrwlkrwtrwlkr Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    w1retap wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was reading this thread and it got me really interested.

I'm currently in the middle of switching careers to IT. I'm going to be sitting for the A+ and the soon after Net+. I don't have any paid experience in IT, but I do have volunteer work. No prior military experience, so I'm sure these are detriments.

If I understand correctly would the best path to take after completing the A+, Net+ be getting my Sec+ and afterwards getting a Server+ or Windows 7 cert (either 680,685 or 686, correct?)

Last question, for someone in my position, what job titles would give me the best chance of getting an entry-level type position? Helpdesk?

I cant really give you too much information about the certs, but for entry level you should probably look at ADPE, Helpdesk or TCF Tech. I'm a TCF tech, and it's been great for studying certs and improving myself. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
  • Options
    CyberJosh,

That wouldn't be a bad idea. I just wanted to make one remark about your clearance. If I understand the security clearance regs correctly, if you're not employed in a position that matches your clearance level for 2 years, your clearance automatically reverts to the clearance level you're working at. Basically, if you have a TS but are only employed in a secret level position, you have 23 months to find a TS job or you go down to secret.
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    @ w1retap- For Service Desk you'll need to two types of certs: Computing Environment and Baseline. Your A+ would meet the Computing Environment cert and your Security+/Network+ would meet the Baseline requirement. I'm working the Service Desk here in Kandahar. Feel free to PM me with any questions also.
  • Options
    w1retapw1retap Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @wtrwlkr
    @fulcrum45

Thanks for the info. Did you guys have direct experience with the jobs you applied for? I checked the TCF Tech and a bit of the language used in the description was completely foreign. I also checked the ADPE and Service Desk jobs and they were asking for 5 years of experience of which I don't directly have. I have roughly 1 year of unpaid volunteer experience for a non-profit doing troubleshooting and such.
  • Options
    Hey does anyone know if you get paid fringe benefits? I will be in Kuwait in 3 weeks. I am retired military and I have tricare so am wondering if I can pass on the health care they provide and pocket the fringe pay.
  • Options
    bertopr33bertopr33 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was offered a job with vectrus in kuwait, I accepted the offer and now I'm waiting for a date to do medical and dental. How long after I accept the order will I have to wait for those dates?
  • Options
    LefField wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know if you get paid fringe benefits? I will be in Kuwait in 3 weeks. I am retired military and I have tricare so am wondering if I can pass on the health care they provide and pocket the fringe pay.

How long was your hiring process?
  • Options
    bertopr33 wrote: »
    How long was your hiring process?

I had my phone interview on 11 December and received my offer letter on 16 December. Since then I have been running through the the appointments they have set up. I had delays with the holidays and I had knee surgery on 2 Dec so I ah to get a waiver from USARCENT!! Crazy. All in all I will head out to CRC on 13 Feb.
  • Options
    LefField wrote: »
    I had my phone interview on 11 December and received my offer letter on 16 December. Since then I have been running through the the appointments they have set up. I had delays with the holidays and I had knee surgery on 2 Dec so I ah to get a waiver from USARCENT!! Crazy. All in all I will head out to CRC on 13 Feb.

I just accepted the offer like 2 days ago, I have an appointmentioned at the passport regional office, because I don't have one and now waiting on the dental/medical exam dates, I hope it can go fast
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, I interviewed on a Thursday or Friday, got the offer the next Monday, accepted it, and was contacted by the medical and dental screening companies on Tuesday.

The most time consuming process was with the background check. They use a company called Hire Right, whom I completely loathe. Basically you fill out a form they send you with all the companies you worked for and schools you went to. They'll call them or email them once, and if they don't get a response within 24 hours, it's up to YOU to prove you worked/went to school there. They require you to submit w-2's or first and last pay stubs as evidence. I briefly thought about asking Vectrus for a portion of fee they paid for the background check, because I did about 80% of their work for them. If I remember correctly, the background check took roughly 2 weeks. It was also during the holidays, so that might have been a factor in it taking so long.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My experience was fairly hectic but straight forward. I crammed everything into 3 weeks all the while tip-toeing around work so as not to cause any suspicion. I interviewed/ tech interviewed at the same time and received the job offer later that day. There was a ton of paperwork which seemed pretty tedious but I spent two days signing this and scanning that. Once that was done I received phone calls about getting my medical and dental visits lined up and scheduled. I had to get fingerprints at the local Sheriff's office to be sent in for my secuirty clearance. On top of all this my job offer was contingent on me getting a Computing Environment cert. My recruiter recommended that I get an MTA** (Microsoft's lowest level cert) and pass it in 2 weeks. I knocked out my dental earlier in the month. I mailed off my prints, took my medical AND passed the MTA on the same day. After that it was quiet. I didnt hear anything for almost 3 days and suddenly the recruiter emails me asking me how soon can I leave. As a husband and a father thats when it hits you as to what exactly you are doing. I had two weeks to get my affairs in order and I was off. When my co-workers heard I was going "overseas" they asked what part of Europe I was going to. Once they heard "Afghanistan" the color disapeared from their face icon_lol.gif

**The MTA level cert is no longer accepted in Afghanistan as a Computing Environment cert. You'll need a Win7 or above now.
  • Options
    Darby2404Darby2404 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I received a email from my recruiter stating that I could go to a dentist of my choice. They emailed me the DA form to take to the Dentist. Maybe this is because I am going to Kuwait. It seems like the process for everyone is different
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I went to my own dentist for Kuwait, but Vectrus' medical, so that sounds right to me. Clinic for medical looked to specialize in workmen's comp claims, was over in the old meatpacking district. So not pretty, but meant it was an easy train ride from my old office.
  • Options
    TheitguysTheitguys Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know the technical interviews for sys ad and net admins?
  • Options
    Molly1962Molly1962 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just got a job offer from Vectrus for Kuwait. I guess when I interviewed I didn't really expect it to go anywhere and I didn't ask many questions. So, for these jobs in Kuwait is there any way to bring your wife with you? And it seems to say the date of hire depends on whenever they have an opening. So, how do you know when to give notice then at your current job?
  • Options
    thewiz8807thewiz8807 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Around how long does it take for them to reply to your emails/call you, after signing and sending copies of the documents they need upon your first acceptance of the offer?

I sent in what they specified on the offer letter, and I wasn't sure who to email it to so I emailed it to Vectrus' recruiting email, the email of the recruiter who contacted me to set up the phone interview.

Let me know. I've reached out to another Vectrus employee and tried calling them, no one picked up.
    Goals: Network+ (Done) -> CCNA: R&S (Done) -> CCNA: Security (Done) -> Security+ (Done) -> ITIL v3 Foundation (Done) -> CASP (Done) -> CCNP: R/S (In Progress) -> CCNP: Collaboration -> CCSK -> CCSP -> CISSP
  • Options
    Once I submitted everything. It was a one day turn around for them to respond. They sent me this link called onboard. Where I had to fill out emergency contact info, banking info. Etc... A lot of reading material
  • Options
    You should have your recruiters email. No one responds to the Vectrus HR email