Recieved my Psycho-analysis email!!

dgeronimosdgeronimos Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
"Dear <Wrong Name>,

You will get your results in the mail."

Comments

• dgeronimosdgeronimos Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Follow up email received:

"Please accept our apologies, the previous email contained an incorrect name. The corrected email is below."

"Dear <Same wrong name>

Check yo' mailbox."
  • mtbjaminmtbjamin Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear Philip Casesa, <wrong name>

Our records indicate that you recently sat for an (ISC)² examination and were informed your results will be delayed due to psychometric analysis.

There may be occasions when scores are delayed for more than 6 weeks in order to complete this critical process. The psychometric analysis for your recent examination is now complete. We thank you for your patience.

You will receive your examination results directly from Pearson VUE at your postal mailing address they have on file. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Member Services at membersupport@isc2.org.

Kind regards,

(ISC)²
    Passed: CISSP, Security+, Network+, A+Working on: CCNA, C|EH
  • ClockcrawlerClockcrawler Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yep met too... Now we wait for Pearson Vue to snail mail us results. I'm beginning to wonder about ISC2's Data Integrity and Ethics. Do they really have a clue? I don't have much confidence they will get me my actual results. Very Frustrated and Disappointed.

One of two emails tonight from ISC - neither one with my actual name correct.

Please accept our apologies - a previous mailing contained the incorrect name. The corrected correspondence is below:

Dear Wrong Name Wrong Name
    Our records indicate that you recently sat for an (ISC)² examination and were informed your results will be delayed due to psychometric analysis.
    There may be occasions when scores are delayed for more than 6 weeks in order to complete this critical process. The psychometric analysis for your recent examination is now complete. We thank you for your patience.
    You will receive your examination results directly from Pearson VUE at your postal mailing address they have on file. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Member Services at membersupport@isc2.org.
    Kind regards,
    (ISC)²
  • CorrantCorrant Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Exact same. Received 2 emails, the first with the wrong name. The second with my first name twice. "Dear John John"

You will receive your results by mail.

*sigh*
  • whiplashwhiplash Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the same pair of e-mails, except they did manage to get my name right the second time.

The inability to handle this process in a reasonable way is not inspiring huge confidence.
  • SansSans Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hate ISC2 for this email. I suffocated when I opened the email and my eyes spotted the word "apologies". It turns out to be a notification that the psychometric analysis is done and results will be mailed by the test center.

Thanks I-es-see-squared!
  • renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ditto to the above.

I got a follow-up email that the results *may* be available sooner via "your VUE website", but the Pearson VUE website has no way to check exam results from what I've seen so far...
  • RuprechtRuprecht Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm another Ditto. Took exam on April 20th. Received an email with another persons name and a follow up email. Clearly I was wasting my time when I memorized the ISC2 ethics policy for the exam.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Man, this is EC Council behavior. Sad.
    cyberguypr wrote: »

Nah. Got my C|EH results right away.
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    This made me laugh :)
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • ArgessisArgessis Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys!

I received the same pair of e-mails...first with wrong name and second with my first name doubled. This can't be real, it looks like some kind of cruel torture.

We have nothing more to do, just to wait for the mailman...icon_sad.gif
    Another email from ISC2, bottom line is that Pearson Vue will send snail mail results out this Friday and also on Friday once Pearson Vue has the results they will send those to ISC2 so those who passed get an email from ISC2 with instructions for completing the endorsement process.

So basically if you passed you can expect an email Friday with the good news.

I get the impression that its been Pearson Vue dragging ass on scoring the exams after ISC2 reached their baseline.
    They're must be kidding!! Why until Friday? It's computer-based!!!! Are they going to put the results in an encrypted drive and put in secure container locked at someone's wrist who's surrounded by 4 men in black russian contractors (dont ask me why I said russian) and one holding the door of a limo to carry the container to I-ess-see-skwared's facility?

This is my longest question ever. I think i'm gonna write a sci-fi movie instead of thinking about cissp!!
    Dear ______,

First of all, thank you all for your patience. Both for the delay in exam results and my inability to do the mail merge properly. I have corresponded with some of you personally and I wanted to express my gratitude for the positive attitudes I have experienced despite the circumstances.

I have a new update from Pearson VUE since my last email about the release of results and the news isn't what any of us wanted. The new expected time frame for the postal mailings to go out is close of business (US East Coast) on Friday June 5. We will receive the data from VUE at the same time. That means that many of you will not have a result in hand until next week.

For those of you that pass, when we get the data from Pearson VUE we will load it into our system and send emails out for next steps for becoming certified. We will do this as fast as we possibly can once the data is in our possession.

I may have a way that you can check out your result online on Friday when the process is complete. I will confirm that this process will work with Pearson VUE and will send another follow up email with instructions. Look for an update from me tomorrow.

It is no consolation for the delay and we will be addressing this with our provider. Pass or fail, I sincerely hope that all of you get your certifications and become members in the long run. We look forward to having you.

If I can answer any other questions about this issue please let me know. I will respond as quickly as I can. Also reach out to your customer support team at membersupport@isc2.org with other questions.

I will be communicating with you with any updates I receive for the rest of the way.

Regards,

Philip Casesa

Director of IT/Service Operations
    (ISC)²
    pcasesa@isc2.org
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    renacido wrote: »
    Ditto to the above.

I got a follow-up email that the results *may* be available sooner via "your VUE website", but the Pearson VUE website has no way to check exam results from what I've seen so far...

Just to clarify, I am pre 15-April-2015 CISSP Exam Passer. When I logged-in to pearsonvue website, i can see my pass result, if I click on the exam history. You can check and see what message is there.
    I click on the vue website now & it only says "taken" under exam history.
  • JohnsonchongJohnsonchong Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took my exam early of May. I got the same email. Though I am keen to know the result and 5-6 week waiting time is not very nice, there are a couple of days to go. I would say thanks to the users in this forum. You shared your view on the exam and the preparation. It give me some confidence.
  • abelamoralesabelamorales Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Another e-mail from our beloved ISC2...

"Dear ,
    I do have some positive news to share. We are anticipating that Pearson VUE will be able to deliver online exam results to candidates by Friday after 5PM CT US. Candidates will be able to see if they have passed or failed the CISSP examination. This tool will not show a score, instructiions or any performance feedback - just the Pass/Fail status.
    The official results with feedback for failing candidates will still come via postal mail but at least you will know one way or the other.
    To check results:
    Go to: www.pearsonvue.com/isc2 and log in with your Pearson VUE login credentials.
    From there, you will see a 'My Account' box on the right.
    Click on 'Exam History' and this should take you to a list of your exam results with (ISC)² and VUE.
    The results will say 'Taken' until the results are processed and when they are, it will update to 'Pass' or 'Fail'. Again, this tool will not show a score, instructions or any performance feedback - just the Pass/Fail status. There will also be no proactive notification when it updates. You will have to check back. This will be the absolute fastest way to get an answer. Candidates that fail may schedule to re-retake the exam per the terms of the Exam Retake policy.
    Please note: There is a feature available to reset your Pearson VUE password online if you do not have it for any reason. (ISC)² does not control these login credentials and we will not be able to reset them for you.
    As previously discussed, when you are able to see these results, we will just be getting our hands on the data feed. We will not be able to start the score loading process into the membership system and get your emails out until we have the feed. Depending on how this process goes it may be into Monday to get the official pass emails with instructions. You don't have to wait for this email, however. If you see a 'Pass' status online, you can submit your Endorsement Application paperwork in over the weekend and we will get started processing them as soon as possible.
    Best of luck to all of you."
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Another e-mail from our beloved ISC2...

"Dear ,
    I do have some positive news to share. We are anticipating that Pearson VUE will be able to deliver online exam results to candidates by Friday after 5PM CT US. Candidates will be able to see if they have passed or failed the CISSP examination. This tool will not show a score, instructiions or any performance feedback - just the Pass/Fail status.
    The official results with feedback for failing candidates will still come via postal mail but at least you will know one way or the other.
    To check results:
    Go to: www.pearsonvue.com/isc2 and log in with your Pearson VUE login credentials.
    From there, you will see a 'My Account' box on the right.
    Click on 'Exam History' and this should take you to a list of your exam results with (ISC)² and VUE.
    The results will say 'Taken' until the results are processed and when they are, it will update to 'Pass' or 'Fail'. Again, this tool will not show a score, instructions or any performance feedback - just the Pass/Fail status. There will also be no proactive notification when it updates. You will have to check back. This will be the absolute fastest way to get an answer. Candidates that fail may schedule to re-retake the exam per the terms of the Exam Retake policy.
    Please note: There is a feature available to reset your Pearson VUE password online if you do not have it for any reason. (ISC)² does not control these login credentials and we will not be able to reset them for you.
    As previously discussed, when you are able to see these results, we will just be getting our hands on the data feed. We will not be able to start the score loading process into the membership system and get your emails out until we have the feed. Depending on how this process goes it may be into Monday to get the official pass emails with instructions. You don't have to wait for this email, however. If you see a 'Pass' status online, you can submit your Endorsement Application paperwork in over the weekend and we will get started processing them as soon as possible.
    Best of luck to all of you."

Seems like you made it. "+ve News" hint hint hint......
  • abelamoralesabelamorales Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    riyan wrote: »
    Seems like you made it. "+ve News" hint hint hint......

That would be awesome, but I think everyone received this email. I think it is more of an email to nicely tell people to stop calling as the results will be available on Friday.
    That would be awesome, but I think everyone received this email. I think it is more of an email to nicely tell people to stop calling as the results will be available on Friday.

Seconded.
  • pcasesapcasesa Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all. I am happy to answer any questions you have about what is happening with the results.
    ^^^^is this some kind of cruel joke?!?
    Nope. Since the topic is being discussed I thought it would be helpful to answer any questions you all may have. I already relayed most of the relevant information via email but if there is more I can answer I am happy to. What would you like to know?

Philip @ (ISC)2
    Not a joke. Came across this post and I can offer insight. Most of the info has been covered via email but if there is anything else I can clear up I am happy to.
  • jenrickjenrick Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think folks have been waiting for weeks and just on edge to get an answer of yes or no, then to have an incorrect email sent out, and then another email, makes them rather tense.

I think it is a nice gesture to come by personally and offer clarification ~
    I get that. I jumped in to try to be proactive where I saw a situation forming and made it slightly worse before making it any better. Thanks for the feedback.
    The results should have been in our hands (and yours) 2 weeks ago. We will stay with it until everyone has the result they are supposed to have.
  • ClockcrawlerClockcrawler Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Philip,

Thanks for jumping on the forum and bringing some ISC2 truth to us. I think many of us are new to ISC2 and our confidence has been shaken a bit. The exam is tough enough, but this confusion has really added to the stress. We have all put considerable effort and money into this. Some have employers or potential employers waiting for the results. This is a big deal to us. It has been a bad customer/ISC2 member experience. I think a better explanation of what the psychometric analysis was/is and how it may have impacted our scores or not would have been helpful. I personally won't care if I passed. If I failed, I will always question was it my knowledge and test taking or something that ISC2/Prometeric Vue changed after my exam that was the root cause. Either way, hope to see something tomorrow night and then move forward with whatever the result is. I will not take an ISC2 exam that is in "beta" again.