Recieved my Psycho-analysis email!!

Comments

• SansSans Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pcasesa wrote: »
    Hi all. I am happy to answer any questions you have about what is happening with the results.

Did I pass? icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm kidding. May be you can help me understand how the psychometric analysis would protect the integrity of the exam? And if someone failed, what's the benefit of holding the results?

I trust the join date! :D
  • CorrantCorrant Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So will the results hit right at 5pm EST?
    Or will it be anytime tomorrow?

Extremely frustrating experience.
  • ddeboerddeboer Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Philip,

Personally I wonder why the results of the candidates that took their exam between the 15th of April and the 21st of May are held so long? People who took their exam the 22nd or later got immediate results, so I would guess the psychometric analysis was done by then.

Anyway, I hope for a result tomorrow. Preferably a positive one icon_wink.gif
  • pcasesapcasesa Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Excellent questions. First off I will dispel the myth that the analysis has anything to do with a person or how you answered. It is simply a timing thing. The CISSP goes through this process every 3 years. The results are held, studied by the psychometricians, the passing standard is set and the exam is then re-published with the live scoring. During this hold period the exam as published knows the right answers but its not making a pass/fail decision as it goes like it normally would. We completed that review in early May. What happens after is that the results processing team at VUE has to re-run your responses against the scored exam and generate an actual decision. Then they update your record on their system and give me a complete data feed that then puts me back into my automated process. This is the part that is way off. The re-scoring.

Our process here is so automated that humans don't ever touch results and there are controls around them to prevent that. Results are considered sacred and we don't leave them to chance. In a normal situation results flow daily and they immediately go back out to candidates. For review periods on all credentials, within 5 weeks a feed comes and also runs through the automated process and goes right back out the door. So having to intervene and chase these things down is quite unpleasant for all of us but particularly for the you, the candidates.
    Corrant wrote: »
    So will the results hit right at 5pm EST?
    Or will it be anytime tomorrow?

Extremely frustrating experience.

It absolutely is. I should have a better timeframe from VUE today. 5PM Central on Friday was their own drop dead date. If they finish earlier then the results would be up earlier.
    ddeboer wrote: »
    Philip,

Personally I wonder why the results of the candidates that took their exam between the 15th of April and the 21st of May are held so long? People who took their exam the 22nd or later got immediate results, so I would guess the psychometric analysis was done by then.

Anyway, I hope for a result tomorrow. Preferably a positive one icon_wink.gif

The analysis was done in early May and it takes 2 weeks to republish the exam with live scoring. You should have had results close to May 21. A week later at the maximum. This is the crux of the issue.
  • johnpoonjohnpoon Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Now instead of checking our email every 5 minutes, I'm sure that there are hoards of people checking Pearson Vue every 5 minutes for results.

Regardless, looking forward to seeing some results!
  • renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    johnpoon wrote: »
    Now instead of checking our email every 5 minutes, I'm sure that there are hoards of people checking Pearson Vue every 5 minutes for results.

Regardless, looking forward to seeing some results!

It appears that this is exactly what is happening, a bunch of CISSP hopefuls are unintentionally DDoSing the Vue website.
  • RollTideRollTide Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    renacido wrote: »
    It appears that this is exactly what is happening, a bunch of CISSP hopefuls are unintentionally DDoSing the Vue website.
    lol. How ironic would that be? Bunch of CISSP potentials unintentionally participating in a DDoS attack to see if they got a question right about DDoS attack on their exam and hopefully passed.

Hope they got some CISSPs on staff to handle the attack. Maybe they are waiting for their result also? :)
  • Malak12Malak12 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I didn't receive any emails nether from ISC2 or pearson vue!!

I did my SSCP exam on 28 May and today I opened my account on Pearson Vue and guess what! the status of the exam is pass (yesterday it was "taken").

does that mean I reall passed!!
  • gutbrodjgutbrodj Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes that means you passed.

Five more hours until PV hits it commitment time. Anyone want to start a betting pool? or how about a poll:

1: They will release the results early
    2: They will release the results on time
    3: They said Friday at 5 PM because that is when they close so they can't be bothered until Monday and we all have to wait to find out what their new excuse and commitment time is on Monday.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□

I know what I'll be doing the rest of my WORK DAY! Wooohooo! Lets fire up the cannon! Har! Ye unsuspecting buckaroos! I-N-C-O-M-M-I-N-G! LOL!!

Went through the analysis three times. You get used to it.

-b/eads
    Phillip,

Any updates from Pearson Vue? I know they said 5 PM CST, but this is really nail biting for me. I leave Sunday to take part in a CISSP-ISSMP boot camp/exam and originally I was expecting to be waiting on my acceptance letter at this point, not on my test results before going to this boot camp.
    gutbrodj wrote: »
    Phillip,

Any updates from Pearson Vue? I know they said 5 PM CST, but this is really nail biting for me. I leave Sunday to take part in a CISSP-ISSMP boot camp/exam and originally I was expecting to be waiting on my acceptance letter at this point, not on my test results before going to this boot camp.

An update is coming through now from our service team. Another delay as they couldn't make the commitment. I will be watching for VUE updates all weekend but I expect to have a new date by Monday morning. Whoever bet on that pool option wins. I know how frustrating this is for me working the back end but it likely doesn't compare to what the mid-April test takers feel. I get that. As soon as we have something you will know it. And to be clear - everyone will get results at the same time. This batch, when released, will clear all people waiting on results from any time period.

As for the CISSP-ISSMP - you can certainly go through that bootcamp and get your result. The concentration requires CISSP as a pre-requisite but if you passed the test and do the paperwork the concentration will automatically be issued when the CISSP is issued. You'll get 2 packages in the mail in the same time period.
  • reaganhalfreaganhalf Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Although the emails were made with the best of intentions, in hindsight they've made the situation worse instead of better for those awaiting results. In the meantime, others who took the exam after us are getting results and, if they passed, are moving forward in obtaining their endorsements and ultimately their certifications. Those who failed are getting the opportunity to get back to their studies and scheduling a retake.

I would like to think that those of us who dared to take the exam within the first weeks of the new format deserve better and that something will be done to make up for it. After all, we did perform a service by doing so in helping develop the scoring for the exam for Pearson, ISC2 and future exam takers. I propose that for those of us who end up passing that our endorsement and certification process be expedited and moved to the front of the line ahead of those who are getting instant results and maybe our membership fee waived for next year. And for those of us who end up not passing that we get an exam voucher for a couple hundred dollars off the retake exam (and that would come out of Pearson's wallet of course).
  • krisottemkrisottem Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the SSCP exam yesterday and also received a letter about seeing results within six weeks. Today I logged into my Pearson Vue account and the status says "Pass". Will I need to receive a confirmation email or snail mail? Or can I be sure that I passed just by this status? -- Thanks
    When you outsource things to outside contractors, you don't get to outsource the blame when you fail to deliver to your customers as promised. Delivery of exam results from Pearson Vue to ISC2 on time should have damn sure been in an SLA. There is no excuse for either ISC2 or Pearson Vue. This is completely unacceptable.
    reaganhalf wrote: »
    Although the emails were made with the best of intentions, in hindsight they've made the situation worse instead of better for those awaiting results. In the meantime, others who took the exam after us are getting results and, if they passed, are moving forward in obtaining their endorsements and ultimately their certifications. Those who failed are getting the opportunity to get back to their studies and scheduling a retake.

I would like to think that those of us who dared to take the exam within the first weeks of the new format deserve better and that something will be done to make up for it. After all, we did perform a service by doing so in helping develop the scoring for the exam for Pearson, ISC2 and future exam takers. I propose that for those of us who end up passing that our endorsement and certification process be expedited and moved to the front of the line ahead of those who are getting instant results and maybe our membership fee waived for next year. And for those of us who end up not passing that we get an exam voucher for a couple hundred dollars off the retake exam (and that would come out of Pearson's wallet of course).

I don't disagree with any of this. Our service team is working on what is next and this will be part of the conversation.
    When you outsource things to outside contractors, you don't get to outsource the blame when you fail to deliver to your customers as promised. Delivery of exam results from Pearson Vue to ISC2 on time should have damn sure been in an SLA. There is no excuse for either ISC2 or Pearson Vue. This is completely unacceptable.

Yes it is. And your comments are on point. But I will ask a general question, what makes you think there is not an SLA? Because it wasn't met?
    I need something to break right now, I am trying to hold my temper, but this is just so absolutely frustrating. Once I get my results 7 weeks late I can begin the attestation and endorsement which will take another 7 weeks. I have a facial tick that won't stop now, and I just want to move on, but I am just so angry.

To see my manager every morning and have to answer the question "have you passed yet?" with "No, they still haven't release the results". It's getting to the point that he seems to not believe me any more. My job depends on this, and in the unlikely event that i failed, I needed to retake the exam already. But nope, I'm just stuck here in limbo, spinning my wheels, my manager losing faith in me that I am not as skilled and competent as I have said I am.

I don't know whether to go to a bar get drunk and beat someone up, check myself into a mental hospital, or just curl up and cry until the results come out.
  • brenbrenOKbrenbrenOK Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I need something to break right now, I am trying to hold my temper, but this is just so absolutely frustrating. Once I get my results 7 weeks late I can begin the attestation and endorsement which will take another 7 weeks. I have a facial tick that won't stop now, and I just want to move on, but I am just so angry.

To see my manager every morning and have to answer the question "have you passed yet?" with "No, they still haven't release the results". It's getting to the point that he seems to not believe me any more. My job depends on this, and in the unlikely event that i failed, I needed to retake the exam already. But nope, I'm just stuck here in limbo, spinning my wheels, my manager losing faith in me that I am not as skilled and competent as I have said I am.

I don't know whether to go to a bar get drunk and beat someone up, check myself into a mental hospital, or just curl up and cry until the results come out.

I have the same sentiments. This is extremely frustrating, as frustrating as taking the "beta" test. LOL.
  • mtbjaminmtbjamin Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hope our tests were not lost. I hope we all won't have to retake the test. I feel like everyone who were part of the analysis should get a refund... Pass or Fail. As well as expedited endorsements/certification. Some of us have jobs that depend on these results.
    Passed: CISSP, Security+, Network+, A+Working on: CCNA, C|EH
  • reaganhalfreaganhalf Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mtbjamin wrote: »
    I hope our tests were not lost. I hope we all won't have to retake the test. I feel like everyone who were part of the analysis should get a refund... Pass or Fail. As well as expedited endorsements/certification. Some of us have jobs that depend on these results.

That's my fear too - that the results of our exams were lost or corrupted during the process of doing whatever it is they do to develop the live scoring. The more they delay the more I think that is what happened.
    Yes, this is really insane, if there is ever a time to verify which questions were answered correctly, this would be it.
    Me too, which I voiced to the member support in response to their latest email. Since we all work IT, we get those gut feelings that someone is pushing back because the lost the backup tape, or didn't check to make sure that the backups were actually working, or are covering their ass-ets because they royally screwed up and they can't fix the issue.
    pcasesa wrote: »
    Yes it is. And your comments are on point. But I will ask a general question, what makes you think there is not an SLA? Because it wasn't met?

Failing to meet an SLA by a small margin is one thing. This is not a slight delay. And this is a failure to meet deadlines that have been repeatedly extended. Are you really surprised that we suspect a lack of oversight and assurance and management controls on ISC2's part?

I appreciate your engaging with us and I believe you were confident in the timelines you gave us that were not met. I'm trying not to shoot the messenger. But this affects peoples' livelihoods. Imagine those required by DoD 8570 to obtain their IAT-III or IAM-II cert by such-and-such date or be terminated? Instead of getting the CISM which is equivalent under 8570 they chose CISSP. Imagine those who find out after all these delays that they failed? They should have had their exam feedback and been able to reinforce their weak areas and reschedule weeks ago.

As your competitor at Offensive Security would say: "Try harder!"
  • SansSans Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Me too, which I voiced to the member support in response to their latest email. Since we all work IT, we get those gut feelings that someone is pushing back because the lost the backup tape, or didn't check to make sure that the backups were actually working, or are covering their ass-ets because they royally screwed up and they can't fix the issue.

Haha agree with that too. I think this will make me join the gentleman who's going to curl up and cry until the results are released icon_lol.gif
  • abelamoralesabelamorales Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Quite disappointing and unacceptable. What makes it difficult for those of us that participated in this mess is that there are candidates as early as May 20th (to my knowledge) that have received their results immediately.

I think these mumbo jumbo emails attempting to justify the delay is not necessary. The whole protecting the integrity of the exam nonsense makes me even more frustrated because this process should not take so long. ISC2 owes all of us something more than these PC emails whether we passed or fail.
  • dgeronimosdgeronimos Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Patience kids. Things break, people make mistakes and it takes time to repair them; SLA or not.

Good customer service would be an expedited endorsement package for our troubles. icon_wink.gif
    Failing to meet an SLA by a small margin is one thing. This is not a slight delay. And this is a failure to meet deadlines that have been repeatedly extended. Are you really surprised that we suspect a lack of oversight and assurance and management controls on ISC2's part?

I appreciate your engaging with us and I believe you were confident in the timelines you gave us that were not met. I'm trying not to shoot the messenger. But this affects peoples' livelihoods. Imagine those required by DoD 8570 to obtain their IAT-III or IAM-II cert by such-and-such date or be terminated? Instead of getting the CISM which is equivalent under 8570 they chose CISSP. Imagine those who find out after all these delays that they failed? They should have had their exam feedback and been able to reinforce their weak areas and reschedule weeks ago.

As your competitor at Offensive Security would say: "Try harder!"

Yea ISC gets the benefit of a failed SLA, what do we get? And I do have that sick feeling in my gut that I'm walking into a server room and they are saying, sorry boss, backup failed too. Ugh. icon_sad.gif