IP Expert users be aware...

Comments

• azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just out of interest, how do I go about cancelling my IPX subscription? Nothing I can find in the members area, and I don't want to have to have the hassle of doing a credit card dispute...and if the staff are all but gone, little point if "contact us".
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Login to the Members Area and go to Profile Management/Account History. I think you can cancel there.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    azaghul wrote: »
    Just out of interest, how do I go about cancelling my IPX subscription? Nothing I can find in the members area, and I don't want to have to have the hassle of doing a credit card dispute...and if the staff are all but gone, little point if "contact us".

Personally, I would think there would be no harm in contacting your credit card provider anyway and see what they have to say.
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nothing under Profile Management, just user details and previous orders...renewal isnt till Aug, but want to cancel early just in case...will try email contact
  • cbthutcbthut Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would +10000000 you if I could, lostindaylight.

@cbthut - "Land of the bounce back." Er? What? You can't just eat "some humble pie" and make bad credit, a mountain of debt, several felonies, a ruined professional reputation, and a years+ prison sentence go away. Him dusting himself off in 10+ years when *maybe* all this is settled isn't going to fix the damage that his kids, wife, and former employees have to go through in the meantime.

Well Iris, I disagree. I've lived long enough to see and know very "average" people like you and I who were facing serious felony time for serious crimes, skate with probation. I'm not even talking state level here. So, with the right people and knowledge it's not so black and white.
    Personally, I don't know what his felony situation is, nor do I really care to find out but until he's proven guilty on said charge, he has options.
    Also, I don't know his credit situation, all this is conjecture and speculation.
    Yes, there will be some fallout and "bad" feelings towards him, still doesn't preclude him or others in similar situations to return.
    cbthut wrote: »
    Well Iris, I disagree. I've lived long enough to see and know very "average" people like you and I who were facing serious felony time for serious crimes, skate with probation. I'm not even talking state level here. So, with the right people and knowledge it's not so black and white.
    Personally, I don't know what his felony situation is, nor do I really care to find out but until he's proven guilty on said charge, he has options.
    Also, I don't know his credit situation, all this is conjecture and speculation.
    Yes, there will be some fallout and "bad" feelings towards him, still doesn't preclude him or others in similar situations to return.

So because you have some anecdotal experiences about how some people "you know" got out of what you perceive as worse situations (which might not be worse since you claim a lot of "I don't knows" about his situation), we shouldn't feel bad for his kids, wife, or former employees out a job or even for him because he might be suffering from some serious issues from his military time and from his brother dying? Man... People's lack of empathy scares me sometimes.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    So because you have some anecdotal experiences about how some people "you know" got out of what you perceive as worse situations (which might not be worse since you claim a lot of "I don't knows" about his situation), we shouldn't feel bad for his kids, wife, or former employees out a job or even for him because he might be suffering from some serious issues from his military time and from his brother dying? Man... People's lack of empathy scares me sometimes.

who said they don't feel bad for his kids? Didn't I start off by stating anyone can rebound. That's a positive connotation.
    You are bringing up military time and possible 'issues' from there, what's more anecdotal that that? You don't even know that to be fact.So many people are in the military and don't have issues.
    Then you go onto state or allude to lack of empathy. I'm at a loss as to how that's even a derivative.
    I think we are having a pointless conversation over conjecture.
    cbthut wrote: »
    who said they don't feel bad for his kids? Didn't I start off by stating anyone can rebound. That's a positive connotation.
    You are bringing up military time and possible 'issues' from there, what's more anecdotal that that? You don't even know that to be fact.So many people are in the military and don't have issues.
    Then you go onto state or allude to lack of empathy. I'm at a loss as to how that's even a derivative.
    I think we are having a pointless conversation over conjecture.

I agree a lot people in the military don't have issues. I wasn't making a generalization to people in the military at all. I was making a comment to what it seems like with Wayne based on things he has said or others who knew have said.

As far as empathy, when we're talking about how we feel bad for the guy's pain or his family's pain or the fact that his employees are out a job and you follow up with the whole "USA is the land of the bounce back" and likening him to a multimillionaire who came out of prison a multimillionaire with NFL contracts to start, it's a bit dismissive and out of context of the conversation. Just because his employees get jobs again, or his kids eventually get food on the table, or Wayne eventually gets out of jail doesn't mean that they weren't permanently changed or set back because of the ordeal.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    I agree a lot people in the military don't have issues. I wasn't making a generalization to people in the military at all. I was making a comment to what it seems like with Wayne based on things he has said or others who knew have said.

As far as empathy, when we're talking about how we feel bad for the guy's pain or his family's pain or the fact that his employees are out a job and you follow up with the whole "USA is the land of the bounce back" and likening him to a multimillionaire who came out of prison a multimillionaire with NFL contracts to start, it's a bit dismissive and out of context of the conversation. Just because his employees get jobs again, or his kids eventually get food on the table, or Wayne eventually gets out of jail doesn't mean that they weren't permanently changed or set back because of the ordeal.

We are on the same page Iris. Sadly, having these type of discussions on a one-dimensional medium can be a bit challenging.
    In the end, I'd like it all to sort itself out for the good, students and all.
    I'm an ex-IPX student, not without challenges of course :)
  • iseeyouiseeyou Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lets just all wait and see how the whole stuff plays out.
    i hope INE learn from this and ensure that such does not happen to them
    i keep getting negative reputation.. i think admin need to look into how people just dish out negative to people.. what have i said to warrant this... if someone makes a comment that you don't like, does it translate to insult.. i think admin need to review before it applies to ones profile

if all these is because i said "keep quite" in one of my post.. that is not an insult.. if someone says we are foolish/stupid/senseless for using debit card instead of using credit card for IPX purchases and i said keep quite... how does not translate to me insulting the person that called me a fool.!!!!

i think people should read the whole post from beginning first before clicking the button, else you are just same as the person calling others foolish the difference is that u did yours with the reputation button.

Thanks!!!!
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Could someone be upset because they are known to sell IPX and other training material? Did they pre-buy something with the intent to resell once it was released?
    DPG wrote: »
    Could someone be upset because they are known to sell IPX and other training material? Did they pre-buy something with the intent to resell once it was released?

I am actually really curious what you mean by that. Did someone plan on selling the material?
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    iseeyou wrote: »
    i keep getting negative reputation.. i think admin need to look into how people just dish out negative to people.. what have i said to warrant this... if someone makes a comment that you don't like, does it translate to insult.. i think admin need to review before it applies to ones profile

if all these is because i said "keep quite" in one of my post.. that is not an insult.. if someone says we are foolish/stupid/senseless for using debit card instead of using credit card for IPX purchases and i said keep quite... how does not translate to me insulting the person that called me a fool.!!!!

i think people should read the whole post from beginning first before clicking the button, else you are just same as the person calling others foolish the difference is that u did yours with the reputation button.

Thanks!!!!

@iseeyou - I received similar as well. Quite baffling. Guess I will just keep my comments to myself. Never seen this before.
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Prison is no fun. No way jose.

Not in America anyway those guys get it hard compared to the UK! We'd be fine in here though, nice single room with en-suite, TV, PS4 etc - it's like a home from home being in a UK prison these days!
    Alex90 wrote: »
    Not in America anyway those guys get it hard compared to the UK! We'd be fine in here though, nice single room with en-suite, TV, PS4 etc - it's like a home from home being in a UK prison these days!

I can assure it isn't like that in the UK either - you don't automatically get this standard, the prisoner has to earn it.
    since Ipexpert is unstable for now.. any other unknown training vendor that anyone can recommend

INE.....will take ages to update DC workbook and VOD and even their uncompleted Rack
    narbik.....DC zero-to-Hero...no date yet been waiting for ever and no sign of VOD and workbook from narbik
    This is all I can think of right now: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccie_data_center/lab-exam-v2/study-material

I'm sure the Cisco Learning Partners will have something soon as well. It's not going to be cheap... but a CCIE never is.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Select Your Product or Technology - Configure - Cisco Systems

The only web page you will ever need. I know that URL off the top of my head and I'm a demon at navigating it. Learn it, love it.
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Select Your Product or Technology - Configure - Cisco Systems

The only web page you will ever need. I know that URL off the top of my head and I'm a demon at navigating it. Learn it, love it.

Heh. So true.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • netguykylenetguykyle Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just logged into the INE members accounts and see there's an SP V4 Advanced Tech video course and a workbook. Am I missing something?
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    joelsfood wrote: »
    NM, should check my search. :)

You may want to contact their support because I have the full V4 Advanced Technologies class and the V4 workbook. I found it on their main site here:
    http://www.ine.com/self-paced/ccie-service-provider/bootcamps/ccie-service-provider-advanced-technologies-class.htm
    netguykyle wrote: »
    I just logged into the INE members accounts and see there's an SP V4 Advanced Tech video course and a workbook. Am I missing something?

I am not working on CCIE SP but I've seen a lot of people on their forums saying it was incomplete. Someone recently mentioned that they just added 2 new videos but it's not still yet covering the whole thing from what others were saying. Lrb and sea_turtle could probably answer better than I since it's their track
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    I am not working on CCIE SP but I've seen a lot of people on their forums saying it was incomplete. Someone recently mentioned that they just added 2 new videos but it's not still yet covering the whole thing from what others were saying. Lrb and sea_turtle could probably answer better than I since it's their track

It looks like there is quite a bit of content. Just counted 70 labs in the V4 workbook and 36 hours of video in the course. May not be complete but definitely enough to get you going. I am thinking about attending the bootcamp they have coming up in September. One of the sales reps said I could apply what I've paid for the All-Access Pass towards the bootcamp. Just have to wrestle up the funds. Like I saw earlier in the thread, the CCIE ain't cheap!
    It looks like there is quite a bit of content. Just counted 70 labs in the V4 workbook and 36 hours of video in the course. May not be complete but definitely enough to get you going. I am thinking about attending the bootcamp they have coming up in September. One of the sales reps said I could apply what I've paid for the All-Access Pass towards the bootcamp. Just have to wrestle up the funds. Like I saw earlier in the thread, the CCIE ain't cheap!

Only 36 hours? I don't think that could cover the depth or breadth of a single CCIE track. Again, I'm not taking SP but that doesn't sound right. I think there's almost 200 hours of DC videos on there and even more for R&S.

Edit:
    Here's what they have for R&S:

(Yes, it's tiny. That's the only way to make every video set fit in one screen. R&S is their bread and butter)

Here's what they have for DC:

Here's what they have for Collab which they are REALLY behind in:

And here's SP:

(Note: I crossed out the v3.0 videos)

So... yeah... I'd probably say that's a bit light for a difficult CCIE track.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    R&S is also by far and away the most popular track too - so it makes sense that most content is written for that track.

It's a pity for everyone else who want other things, but then I think back to the times there were no INE's or IPExperts - we're spoiled in this day and age because all this content wasn't always available.
  • sea_turtlesea_turtle Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□

hello, welcome to CCIE-SP. as for your questions about materials here is what i will say:

1. the ATC videos are not complete, i think video #37 even still says "place holder" as an example, things such as 6PE and 6VPE are missing 100% as well a bunch of other topics such as QoS and standard services such as netflow. i can go on and on but the horse is dead.
    2. the workbook has no mock labs and many of the different topology based tasks are light, see above again to get an idea of what may be missing from the work book.
    3. there are no rack rentals for the CCIE-SP v4 racks, additionally they also turned off the CCIE-SP v3 rack rentals.
    4. they have run 1 bootcamp so far in June of 2015. IF (and this is a huge damn IF) this boot camp runs in sept of 2016 that will be a gap of ~14-15 months. I can promise you however that if that boot camp does run in SEPT that is when the ATC videos will be updated as that is what the ATC videos will be sourced from.
    5. Narbik is not doing a CCIE SP v4 workbook, this is directly from his company after i emailed about two weeks ago. they as with INE do not see enough interest in this track at the moment to put in the time/resources to create or finish the materials.

So lets talk about what you will need to "get going" as you say in your post.

1. VIRL and a PC that can run INE CCIE SP v4 topology - mine is an i7 with 32gb mem and the ova is installed on a SSD. i had to tweak settings to get all 14 devices to boot (10 CSR1000v and 4 IOS-XRv). I made a post on the IEOC under the Service Provider section (Using VIRL for v4 CCIE-SP - IEOC - INE's Online Community). Yes i know the l2vpn dataplane wont work, its best you be made aware of this now as this is a HUGE limitation.
    2. You will need Narbiks v3 workbook, you will need as many reps as you can get on the gear.
    3. You will need INE SP v3 videos, workbooks, you will need as many reps as you can get on the gear.
    4. You will need INE SP v4 videos, workbooks, you will need as many reps as you can get on the gear.
    5. You will need most of these books for a chapter here and a chapter there: http://i.imgur.com/2sEUzgB.jpeg many can be purchased on amazon used. if you want to use safari that's fine i personally cant stand reading a pdf on a computer screen for hours. just a note some of the titles will not be in safari.
    6. You will need a glass of water, it helps to get the saltyness out. i purchased my SP materials in 2014, they were "supposed to be turned into v4 in june 2015". here we are almost june 2016.

Good luck to you, there are about ~15-20 of us that frequent this forum, ieoc and /r/ccie. I would say to you now having no idea where you are technically that if you have not passed your CCIE R&S you may want to start there. The reason many topics on this track look so light is due to the implication that you already know IGP and BGP really damn well.

An example you say? Sure! Many times Brian M. will speak of tweaking IGP, lets say OSPF, in such a way to make traffic go X vs Y path which would then influence the LDP label selected and put into the LFIB. Those tasks will not be explained to you, its expected you TODAY understand that if you were presented a task that stated: "Make R1 use the IGP path to R6 via R4, you can not change the OSPF link cost." you would know ALL POSSIBLE WAYS to make this work. You will not find those tasks in the CCIE-SP v3/v4 work books or Narbiks SPv3 workbook you will find that in the CCIE R&S workbook.

edit: i forgot to add, how are you with ios-xr? do you use it daily? have you used it in the past? this is make or break for this track.
    Just a heads up, I found out that Jason Lunde is starting to produce CCIE DC v2 ACI content for his own company. He just pumped out a 40+ video series that he's selling here: Home

Kinda cool. From TE to independent trainer. Can't wait to see what he does next :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931