Options

One Man Show

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    markulous wrote: »
    New guy definitely heard and is trying his best to find something else. I hope he quits right after me.
    That would be karma working its magic!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Oh now that's ironic. Supposedly they hired a new guy starting next Tuesday. Guessing there's a chance they may just want to fire me on Friday.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Just get that offer signed and who cares what the anger management candidate does. Just smile and say thank you if he does that and let's you go on Friday. He wants to get a reaction out of you and it will piss him off more when you smile and are happy. Then drop the bomb that you accepted an offer earlier in the day.
  • Options
    Very true. Why give him the satisfaction of me getting mad.
  • Options
    sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Get fired and sue for wrongful termination!
    $$$
  • Options
    That would be pretty hard to prove unless they fired me because of my race or anything else protected. They're dumb but I don't think they're that stupid
  • Options
    any news? I need to know if I need to run out for popcorn icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Well, if any news is that I'm dicking with a Indian recruiter for a "Tech Support" role in a rural market I'm leaving and told him/her that I need 105k/year with 3 weeks PTO and full benefits to consider. I'm WAYYYY over qualified for a tech support role. Figure if they don't bother looking at what level I am I may as well ask for the moon.
  • Options
    No real news on my end. They said the offer letter would take a few days, so I'm not expecting it until at least tomorrow.

@MeanDrunk, I don't blame you for messing with him. Either they give you a king's ransom or leave you alone.
  • Options
    Sending good cosmic job thoughts to you both...
  • Options
    Thanks!

I sent them an email about an hour ago seeing if she knew the status on the offer letter but haven't heard anything. She said on Wednesday that there was a chance that it wouldn't be ready until early next week since it's a holiday weekend, but I'm really hoping I can get it today.
  • Options
    Ugh, I hate waiting.
  • Options
    Fun fact: Every time I online shop, it ALWAYS is on a 3 day holiday weekend. Things take forever to even begin to ship.
  • Options
    Offer letter signed! icon_cheers.gif

Starting the 12th if background check comes back by then.
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Keep going to the other job, and as soon as they start getting on your nerves over something, just calmly get up, and walk out. Never to return. Lol
  • Options
    I'll just be patiently waiting and hope to finally hear something on Tuesday. I hate the waiting game.
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Offer letter signed! icon_cheers.gif

Starting the 12th if background check comes back by then.

Congrats... I have been following this thread with much interest. Best of luck to you. Please tell us how your last day on the job was when it happens. Looking forward to that post
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    Thanks!

@Ender. I'm tempted to do something like that. I'm going to try to be somewhat casual with it but I left 4 hours early today so if they give me crap for it on Tuesday I may just call it a day at that point.

@Meandrunk, hopefully you do hear something Tuesday. I'll try to send whatever cyberluck I have your way.
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, enjoyed reading this thread.

just be thinking if there was anything you may have or done to have current boss treat you this way.
    chalk it up to lessons learned. Maybe this boss is ill, and he just doesn't think and he likes to bully people around. It truly sounds like toxic place.

again congrats and hang in there. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Maybe leave a tuna fish sandwich in your drawer. Lol
  • Options
    Lol. I should duct tape one under the boss's desk... speaking of which, I'm debating how to actually quit. I obviously don't want to do anything illegal or malicious. Since they had out checks Tuesday and I want a couple days off, the plan is to quit Wednesday. Here are some of the options I thought of. Thoughts?

A. Send an email Wednesday afternoon and leave. I can just let them know I quit and can either go into detail or not for why I'm leaving.

B. Tell them in person.

C. Stop showing up. Don't return their calls, etc. Just leave Wednesday and don't come back. I can possibly do some type of combination of the above where I send them an email telling them to stop treating people poorly, etc.

Leaning towards A. Not sure though.
  • Options
    A with no detail.

It doesn't sound like you are going to list this job and with it being toxic I see no other choice. I worked on a 3 month project before and did the same thing, it was very toxic, so at the end of the day fired an email off and put all the project deliverables into a folder on the desktop and explained this. They ended up calling me I answered and explained the situation and it was over, strange but over.
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I agree with sending the email with no detail. In that email I would try to arrange any company property that may still be in your posession or have all of that back in the office before your last day.
  • Options
    Lol. I should duct tape one under the boss's desk... speaking of which, I'm debating how to actually quit. I obviously don't want to do anything illegal or malicious. Since they had out checks Tuesday and I want a couple days off, the plan is to quit Wednesday. Here are some of the options I thought of. Thoughts?

A. Send an email Wednesday afternoon and leave. I can just let them know I quit and can either go into detail or not for why I'm leaving.

B. Tell them in person.

C. Stop showing up. Don't return their calls, etc. Just leave Wednesday and don't come back. I can possibly do some type of combination of the above where I send them an email telling them to stop treating people poorly, etc.

Leaning towards A. Not sure though.

47th law out of the 48 laws of power. I paraphrase, but, once you win, stop. You don't want someone out for revenge on you because you left and left a bad taste in their mouth. So yeah, I'd go with A, even though C would be the most satisfying in the short term.
  • Options
    I personally would tell him in person. No need to stop being a man. If he asks why, be nice about it and let him know those management techniques were not professional and insulting.
  • Options
    I'll definitely make sure I return everything. I'll give it all to the new guy so there's no problems with that. I just really don't want to argue with the owner so that's why I like option A. That should force them to move on quickly.
  • Options
    Sending an email has nothing to do with being a man or woman lol....... It's just a form of communication