Options

One Man Show

Comments

• Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    markulous wrote: »
    Oh no, this isn't related to job searching. I'm visiting some friends. Both jobs are local to here. I'm just hoping I get an offer before the weekend because I'm way too impatient. :)

I understand the impatient part for sure. I hate waiting and especially after you have what feels like one of the best interviews in your professional life and don't know for sure if they actually like you or not. LOL.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Oh no, this isn't related to job searching. I'm visiting some friends. Both jobs are local to here. I'm just hoping I get an offer before the weekend because I'm way too impatient. :)
    OHHHH..ok. Funny story (NOW), but my husband flew out there for an interview and the guy was not there who scheduled it and his name was not written in to be scheduled. They did interview him since he did travel all the way from Maryland.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @Meandrunk, yeah very frustrating. When I saw them repost the job afterwards also I was even more confused.

@scaredoftests. Wow I'm glad they were able to interview him. I'd be livid if I flew out there and they didn't interview me.
  • Options
    TechytachTechytach Member Posts: 140
    I understand the impatient part for sure. I hate waiting and especially after you have what feels like one of the best interviews in your professional life and don't know for sure if they actually like you or not. LOL.
    Would it be awkward or hilarious if at the end of the interview you slid them a note across the table that said

"Do you like me? Circle one: Yes No"
  • Options
    Hilarious to us...
  • Options
    Techytach wrote: »
    Would it be awkward or hilarious if at the end of the interview you slid them a note across the table that said

"Do you like me? Circle one: Yes No"

I'll just have to settle for breaking out that funky folded piece of paper that the girls always made to find out if some guy liked them with random numbers or whatever written on those folds.
  • Options
    icon_cheers.gif I got a call back 45 minutes later and they offered me a position as a Junior Security Analyst. I thought the pay range was 67-80 and they offered 67500. I countered with 70000 and HR will call me tomorrow with their answer. I think I'm definitely worth 70k, especially with their range being up to 80k.
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sweet! Hope negotiations go well!
  • Options
    Congrats!!!icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Congrats, you win!
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the support. It definitely helped a lot.

Out of the two jobs this was definitely the one I wanted. It's more of a security analyst/generalist that gives me more work/life balance and lots of room for growth.
  • Options
    Congrats, you win!

Haha. I'm hoping we will both be winners, which it sounds like we will.
  • Options
    TechytachTechytach Member Posts: 140
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! I hope HR calls tomorrow with good news!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice, it's about time!

I don't know what would've been worse, a flat 67, at the very bottom end of the range, or the measly five hundred tacked on so they can say they didn't go for the very bottom haha. Good luck with the negotiation!
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome new for you and congrats! Good luck on the negotiations too. Now the important thing, what will you write on your resignation letter and will you even submit a resignation letter?
  • Options
    Or the recruiter just didn't know the pay range. There is a 10% annual bonus tacked on, so I'm not sure if that was what she meant initially, but typically pay range means base salary. Hopefully she gets back to me here in a few hours.

@TheForce, that's a good question. What I'm leaning towards doing is seeing if the new job will let me start on the 12th and I tell this job that the 7th is my last day so I get a couple days off. I kind of want to call them out on everything, but in a professional way.
  • Options
    67500 was their final offer so I verbally accepted. With the annual bonus I'm definitely good with that. It's still over a 15k bump in pay plus better benefits, so I'm not going to complain at all.

They said the offer letter won't be sent to me probably until Friday (along with the drug screen and background check). So I'm debating whether or not to give the notice right now or wait until Friday.
  • Options
    IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    67500 was their final offer so I verbally accepted. With the annual bonus I'm definitely good with that. It's still over a 15k bump in pay plus better benefits, so I'm not going to complain at all.

They said the offer letter won't be sent to me probably until Friday (along with the drug screen and background check). So I'm debating whether or not to give the notice right now or wait until Friday.

Congrats.
    Just curious how did the negotiation happen?
    They make an offer you said how about 70k they said no our offer is our offer. Do you discuss things like how increases will work since you know the pay range?

In my 10+ years I've only worked 3 different places and only once did i negotiate and that was going from contract to permanent.

I would not give notice until the papers are signed.
  • Options
    Yes, they said there's annual reviews, promotions based on seniority every year, etc.
  • Options

Either way, you are still ending up in a much better place, learning what you want, and getting paid better. Wait until you have that offer signed and agreed upon before you put in your notice. If something should happen, the last thing you would want is to end up without a job.
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Do NOT give notice until you at the very least have the offer letter. I've seen a coworker burned by this - gave notice while negotiating salary thinking it was a slam dunk, things fell apart, and company told him to leave anyways lol
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    Exactly! I'm excited with this place. Tons of opportunities and a way better environment.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think I'll wait. The thing I'm most concerned about is if it's delayed, then so is the drug screening/bg check, which would delay my start date. I am not in the position at the moment to take several weeks off either in case this place let me go early.
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I still vote that if your start date ends up being the 12th, then just start on the 12th, and give no explanation to the current job. Lol
  • Options
    I'm definitely not pushing back this other job. I'm hoping it comes tomorrow or early enough Friday for me to tell them, but if it comes in Tuesday and I can start the 12th, then I'm probably leaving the next day.
  • Options
    Ugh...So close to quitting. Stupid owner started laying into me over something that he's trying to micromanage me over. I held my tongue waiting for the offer letter. Almost there, just a little longer
  • Options
    Patience grasshopper. You have another few days of a paycheck to collect. When your boss gets shocked and confused as to you leaving and asks why. Refer back to how he treated you by laying into you. Let him see if he can connect the dots. Did the new guy happen to overhear that conversation? Because once his newness wears off he's next to get dressed down.
  • Options
    Deep breath, rise above the assholeness.
  • Options
    New guy definitely heard and is trying his best to find something else. I hope he quits right after me.