Options

One Man Show

Comments

• Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    markulous wrote: »
    A notice of about 60 seconds. I straight up quit once I got my paycheck. I didn't see any reason to work today when they were being crappy and I start my new job Monday

Somtimes it has to be done, good luck on your new gig!
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! Long time coming, now leave all this behind and focus on killing your new job and growing there.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Agreed and thanks you guys.
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Got any fun plans now that you have a long weekend to enjoy?
  • Options
    Unwind is about it. I woke up happier this morning than I've been for a while. :D
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Excellent!!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    NorrisMcWherterNorrisMcWherter Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's been emotional...
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can't quit, what will I do for entertainment? icon_lol.gif
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
  • Options
    TechGromit wrote: »
    You can't quit, what will I do for entertainment? icon_lol.gif

I still talk to the guy that they hired a couple weeks ago so maybe I can provide more entertainment.

The day I left their old Exchange 2003 server finally crapped out and won't send email. I got most everyone on O365 when I was there, but there's probably like 8-10 people left still using that thing. They can't figure out why it's not working and instead of just buying a handful of Exchange Online licenses (that are a few dollars a month) and get them up in running quickly, they'd rather throw hundreds of dollars worth of man hours to try to fix it. Their logic makes no sense.
  • Options
    <smacks head>
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that today is my day.... My online "job submission" status has changed from "interviewing" to a period. Plus, also expecting an offer on our home today as well.
  • Options
    Keep us updated. Good luck! Sounds like you should hear a lot of good news soon.
  • Options
    That's what I'm really hoping for today. I know something is coming, I just don't know when, or what exactly to expect. I've been patient and now it will all happen at once lol.
  • Options
    Good luck MeanDrunk. Sending good cyberjob thoughts
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    markulous wrote: »
    They can't figure out why it's not working and instead of just buying a handful of Exchange Online licenses (that are a few dollars a month) and get them up in running quickly, they'd rather throw hundreds of dollars worth of man hours to try to fix it. Their logic makes no sense.

They might be thinking that they are paying an IT guy to be on staff no matter what, so it's not really costing them any thing to have IT work on it for a few hundred man hours that they are already going to be working.
  • Options
    Perhaps, or they're just not thinking. Either way it's pretty silly when there's tons of other projects sitting there that's affecting their ARs, DR, and compliance. Especially when the server's going to be shut down soon anyway.
  • Options
    Drug screen and BG check finally came back. There was one thing missing of course. One guess on what that was. Yep, my last job that we've discussed didn't send them back the employment verification that they received on Tuesday. Luckily I kept my paystub, but not surprising whatsoever. As soon as they accept this I should be good to go for Monday. :D
  • Options
    Oh well. Just more reason to be happy to be gone from there.

I finally got my call this afternoon and got the offer I wanted and even more than I expected and will have a nice 30% pay increase. I'll likely start next month so I can help move the family.
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm stoked and while I could have started earlier I still need to pack up the house and family to get moved. Now for me to stay somewhat motivated for my last few weeks.
  • Options
    Oh well. Just more reason to be happy to be gone from there.

I finally got my call this afternoon and got the offer I wanted and even more than I expected and will have a nice 30% pay increase. I'll likely start next month so I can help move the family.
    Congrats! Where will you be moving to?
  • Options
    The home of the best bbq in the US. KC.
  • Options
    Excellent. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Essentially I'll be a system engineer for cloud related services and working with Linux boxes and tech mostly. So I'm definitely stoked.
  • Options
    That sounds really awesome. Big jump in pay and responsibilities. I'm glad both of us were able to find great opportunities.
  • Options
    TechytachTechytach Member Posts: 140
    Wow grats to both of you. Happy ending for all!

That is no small job perk.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,060 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What a great Thread!!!

I remember back in the Summer when Markulous started this.
    Had NO idea it had evolved into Soap Opera Greatness :D
  • Options
    I'm still in contact with my former coworker there. The place is just as screwed up, if not worse.

The job I'm at now is great. It can be a bit on the slower side at the moment, but I'll take it for sure.
  • Options
    He is still there? Poor guy.