Options

One Man Show

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yep. I feel bad for him for sure. I still have bad dreams about that place. *shudders*
  • Options
    So my new job is still great, but I still speak with that one guy that they hired back in August. He finally had enough and just walked out the other day. The guy that they hired on the day that I left, walked out a couple of weeks ago. Another guy that they hired lasted all of a day and a half and walked out after lunch. icon_lol.gif

If you want a laugh, look at their glassdoor reviews: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Professional-Bureau-of-Collections-Reviews-E388681.htm?sort.sortType=RD&sort.ascending=false
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Holy cow, that is a bad environment if the last guy just lasted a day and a half..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good Lord, Mark how did you last so long there? What are you, some kinda saint?
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good Lord, Mark how did you last so long there? What are you, some kinda saint?

My thought exactly, that is bad.
  • Options
    If I was single I would probably have quit once my former co-worker left and the IT manager had died (which was within a month of when I got hired there). But as the sole bread winner supporting my family, I had to suck it up until I found something. The owner is the biggest problem. No culture and he has to micromanage everything (and he sucks at it).

The guy that I talked to actually said he's reporting them to Microsoft on their licensing and the department of education on their practices. The latter will be found in their audit, but their entire DoE domain is down right now so they'll probably be done anyway. The former is going to cost quite a bit if they're not licensing everything.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Oh good grief. That owner!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    kbrunlvl6kbrunlvl6 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Omg, I just read this thread from beginning to end and had flashbacks of the job from hell that I just escaped from. Perhaps that owner and my old boss were somehow distant relatives. Right before I left they had a meeting to discuss changing the passwords in all of the public safety fleet vehicles equipment, since Cisco had found a vulnerability with a certain password.....Guess what the password in use was? 12345.....LOL
  • Options
    Guessing you read the review since you reference it as the job from hell and that's what he titled it....

Anyway, yeah I guess there's a couple of these owners out there, so you're definitely not alone. Glad you escaped!
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I will say that I got great joy at seeing this update. :) Glad to hear that all is going great on your end Mark! Same here, loving what I do right now!
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    kbrunlvl6 wrote: »
    Guess what the password in use was? 12345.....LOL

That's the same password I use on my luggage!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Sounds Like a really Great Situation to be in. It can be very challenging, It might be a very good opportunity to steer your career towards the management side of I.T. But it sounds like the working environment from reading the earlier post is hellish. Will pray for you buddy @Markulous
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    I will say that I got great joy at seeing this update. :) Glad to hear that all is going great on your end Mark! Same here, loving what I do right now!
    Awesome! Glad we both were able to improve our situation.
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    markulous wrote: »
    So my new job is still great, but I still speak with that one guy that they hired back in August. He finally had enough and just walked out the other day. The guy that they hired on the day that I left, walked out a couple of weeks ago. Another guy that they hired lasted all of a day and a half and walked out after lunch. icon_lol.gif

If you want a laugh, look at their glassdoor reviews: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Professional-Bureau-of-Collections-Reviews-E388681.htm?sort.sortType=RD&sort.ascending=false

Back in 1992 I worked for a company in the same line of work for about three months. I remember reading they got shut down for illegal crap.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,006 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I "rode the clock" for an hour reading this...definitely some dramadalama going on...Glad you guys found new gigs! I am sort of in a same boat, but gonna ride it out for another year on this contract & then move on. Having free access to online books and training helps me get a little further on improving my skill set.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The last review on Glassdoor, dated March 30, 2018 is golden, why is the company still in business? Lot of complaints about bounced checks, it it possible it's gotten worse since you left Markulous?
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    TechGromit wrote: »
    The last review on Glassdoor, dated March 30, 2018 is golden, why is the company still in business? Lot of complaints about bounced checks, it it possible it's gotten worse since you left Markulous?
    Haha. I have no idea how they are in business. I still look at their Glassdoor reviews also, and yeah bounced checks are still the norm. My guess is they probably do the bare minimum for FISMA compliance and embellish a bit on some of it. They've gotten lucky avoiding lawsuits though. I don't know anyone at the company anymore, everyone I knew there has quit.