CCNP 2010 updates

14567810»

Comments

• qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    For anyone that is or was in the academy for CCNP you will be able to take ANY of the 4 retiring exam until July 31 2011.
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
  • ncsugrad2002ncsugrad2002 Member Posts: 131
    Possible stupid question here...

but with the new version of CCNP, are you required to take any sort of instructor led courses? The cisco website talks about all the hours, etc for each course a lot so I wasn't really sure. I assume you can just go straight for the exams, but haven't been able to find a very straight forward answer

also, i know with some other vendors certs like VMWare, you HAVE to take a course
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    are you required to take any sort of instructor led courses?
    No.

But that does tell you that the "new CCNP" probably requires more hands on work if you're self studying.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • super22super22 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Cheers :) I saw at about 2am this morning the SWITCH had appered.

Seeing as I am starting out on the CCNP I going to go for,

SWITCH , ROUTE , TSHOOT

So if I take these 3 exams then I'm CCNP?
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm assuming the path to take is switch or route with tshoot last?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Amco wrote: »
    I'm assuming the path to take is switch or route with tshoot last?
    Correct. You can't troubleshoot what you haven't learned yet.

It's probably worth some extra time while studying ROUTE and SWITCH to work through the corresponding TSHOOT topics. That should help your understanding of the topics and reinforce the knowledge for the ROUTE & SWITCH exams, while also preparing you for TSHOOT.

After the ROUTE and SWITCH exams you should just need to review for the TSHOOT exam and work through the published TSHOOT topology. They are testing your ability to troubleshoot a KNOWN Topology -- not troubleshoot a strange new topology (that's what the CCIE Lab troubleshooting section is for).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I just want to add on if your a high level NOC monkey you will breeze through Tshoot after a just glancing over the topics. I was working as a Tier 2 NOC controller when I was getting my CCNP and I felt Tshoot was the easiest exam, I didn't even read the books. Boson Tshoot sim is your friend.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related