Options

It begins.

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    rakem wrote: »
    Hit up lab 7 again today. Managed to get all the way through.

Need to go back through the security sections of WB1 soon.
    They didn't consider any of the Security WB as "core" training, but in my opinion, tasks 11.1 - 18, 39-41 are core to me. You see the over and over in WBII labs.

And knowing all of the tasks from that WB will help you in troubleshooting labs, as they like to use those technologies to break things. They also like to use them as red herrings. It helps to know right away if a CBAC inspection rule applied to an interface is contributing to some other problem.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    Lab 8 today. Very happy with my work.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Last lab of 2012!

Got through lab 10 pretty easily, some of the traffic filtering stuff through me out a bit, and the traffic export question was something i have never seen before!

Anyway not to worried about that. The core stuff went well. Really need to do some more QoS work soon. I've been spending so much time in the labs I have neglected my reading and theory work.

Anyway, it just went midday here so that means I can start my NYE celebrations now!

Happy new year all. Here's to becoming a CCIE in 2013!
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Doing some of the troubleshooting labs from WB2 today.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Got through 3 troubleshooting labs from WB2. It was a nice change to do some troubleshooting rather than the normal labs.
    Be good if they went into a bit more detail in the solutions than just the commands.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Lab 12 today and about 7 hours worth of study.
    As usual I can nail the core topics but struggle with multicast and security. By the time I hit the QoS section I was over it all.

Tomorrow's time will be used for WB1 multicast reviewing, just the advanced stuff really.

I did pickup a good tip from an INE blog today though while troubleshooting some redistribution. If you are worried that you have a routing loop do a 'debug ip routing' and wait. If everything is stable you won't see anything (unless you make a change.) But if you have a routing loop you will see heaps of debug output every few minutes as the routing table changes.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Lab 12 today and about 7 hours worth of study.
    I did pickup a good tip from an INE blog today though while troubleshooting some redistribution. If you are worried that you have a routing loop do a 'debug ip routing' and wait. If everything is stable you won't see anything (unless you make a change.) But if you have a routing loop you will see heaps of debug output every few minutes as the routing table changes.
    Yup. Anytime I do redistribution, I turn that on right after to make sure everything is stable.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • Options
    There are lots of bits of gold in the INE blogs.

Went back to WB1 for some multicast review today. It went quite well.
    Need to do some more reading about MSDP and MBGP.

Another good 5 hours today, hopefully do some reading before going out for some beers tonight icon_smile.gif
    Another lab scheduled tomorrow.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    There are lots of bits of gold in the INE blogs.

Went back to WB1 for some multicast review today. It went quite well.
    Need to do some more reading about MSDP and MBGP.

Another good 5 hours today, hopefully do some reading before going out for some beers tonight icon_smile.gif
    Another lab scheduled tomorrow.
    If you see something in the blogs, there's a good chance you're going to see it in the VOL 2 labs as well.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • Options
    One month to the day until I take the lab.

Aiming for at least one hour of study every day with weekend labs until then
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Been going really well this week. Around 2 hours every day so far.

Tomorrow is Friday and will probably take a break. Two 5 hours labs scheduled over the weekend and much much more!
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Been hitting it pretty hard this week... at least 2 hours every night after work. Pretty tired at the moment but I feel it paying off.
    Day of work tomorrow to go to a music festival, but will be able to do about 3 hours in the morning before hand.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Been hitting it pretty hard this week... at least 2 hours every night after work. Pretty tired at the moment but I feel it paying off.
    Day of work tomorrow to go to a music festival, but will be able to do about 3 hours in the morning before hand.

Regular CLI time over long periods is key and you are doing that. Great dedication!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    7 or 8 hours today, lost count.
    Fine tuning everything and trying to get my speed up. Including this weekend I have only 3 more weekends before the big day.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Maybe 8 or 9 hours today... Lots of time spend on OER, sort of happy with it, but still some bugs to iron out.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    2 and a bit hours after work tonight.
    PPPoE
    Private VLANs
    Dot1q Tunnels

Spending a bit of time working on what I call the 'smaller random' topics. These are the simple ones that may or may not be on the exam but we should all know because they will be easy points (hopefully)
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    labs labs and more labs.

7 hours today, 8 hours yesterday
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    2 and a bit hours after work tonight.
    PPPoE
    Private VLANs
    Dot1q Tunnels

Spending a bit of time working on what I call the 'smaller random' topics. These are the simple ones that may or may not be on the exam but we should all know because they will be easy points (hopefully)
    Private VLANs and dot1q tunnels are pretty straightforward. The biggest thing to remember with PVLANs is making the primary SVI route for the secondary vlans. It's one line of config, but it's something that could trip you up.

Now PPP/PPPoE have a lot of little options and authentication methods that are worth knowing. Routing Bits is definitely good if you're looking for an assortment of smaller random topics.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • Options
    Private VLANs and dot1q tunnels are pretty straightforward. The biggest thing to remember with PVLANs is making the primary SVI route for the secondary vlans.

Yeah im comfortable with them, just keeping it all fresh.

Another big day... 8 or so hours.

MLS QoS
    DHCP snooping
    DAI
    PFR

10 days until exam
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Ran into an issue tonight running OSPF over PPPoE
    The PPPoE was up and I could ping between routes, OSPF adjancey was up and all good, but no routes were being exchanged... not sure why, to tired to look at it anymore.

9 days to go
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Ran into an issue tonight running OSPF over PPPoE
    The PPPoE was up and I could ping between routes, OSPF adjancey was up and all good, but no routes were being exchanged... not sure why, to tired to look at it anymore.

9 days to go

I seem to recall something similar. Which version are you on and what was the network mask of the routers?
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    reaper81 wrote: »
    I seem to recall something similar. Which version are you on and what was the network mask of the routers?

Hmm, not sure what was happening last night but I reconfigured it again this morning and its all good. I was working in GNS3 with 12.4(22)T
    Could have just been a GNS3 thing at the time... however i was also quite tired so it also could have just been me icon_smile.gif
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Only about an hour tonight... been pushing to hard and am worn out.
    Need to recharge before the weekend as it will be my last big study period.

7 days to go
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Probably around 10 hours of study today.
    Working through some of the troubleshooting labs, trying to get my speed up nice and quick.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Keep pushing hard rakem! I have a good feeling about your lab attempt!
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah, you got this mate! Your 5 digits are waiting for you.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
    I'm getting a bit nervous now.. only 5 days to go!

Been labing for around 8 hour today. Going to take a break, drink a couple of beers, watch a few episodes of scrubs then do another few hours after dinner.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Good luck! Looks like your exam is just hours before mine (adjusting for time zone change of course).

Remember during the tshoot session (picked this up from INE bootcamp):
    sh run | sec route-map|access-list|prefix|policy|class

For the Configuration Section:
    Focus on L2 and L3 reachability first. Then move on to multicast, QoS, IOS Security/Services, etc.

and of course, dont forget to name all of your Route-Maps / Class Maps, and Policy Maps after Cisco competitors just to see if they pay attention to the config (kidding on this one of course).

Seriously though, good luck and I look forward to hearing your result!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    down77 wrote: »

and of course, dont forget to name all of your Route-Maps / Class Maps, and Policy Maps after Cisco competitors just to see if they pay attention to the config (kidding on this one of course).

lol. Good tip.
    route-map JUNIPER_IS_BETTER
    match ip address prefix-list I-LOVE-JUNIPER

CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    lol. Good tip.
    route-map JUNIPER_IS_BETTER
    match ip address prefix-list I-LOVE-JUNIPER

I was thinking more like:
    class-map Brocade
     match access-group 1

class-map Huawei
     match access-group 2

class-map Juniper
     match access-group 3

class-map Cisco
     match access-group 4
    !
    !
    policy-map Routers
     class Huawei
             shape average percent 30
     class Juniper
             shape average percent 20
     class Brocade
             shape average percent 10
     class Cisco
             drop

Hopefully the proctors have a sense of humor!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11