Options

Stopping LIFE to pursue CCIE Lab

Comments

• Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 892 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm so excited. NOC sending positive energy your way as you take this difficult, grueling test.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    PASS PASS PASS!!

That's what we want to see. May he have all that he needs to get past this test today!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Best of luck!
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe you will do fine NOC.
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Options
    bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    Best of luck... you deserve a pass for all the hard work you've put in.
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Im pretty sure i failed. It just made me want it even more. I think all (6) of us that took the lab today failed.
  • Options
    Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why do u think u failed, didn't u get everything done in time? Btw, how difficult was it overall?
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Options
    jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    was it that tough of a lab NOC?
  • Options
    Not enough time for tshoot. Configuration is huge. I need more time to lab it out. Ill attempt again. Failure is not going to stop me but only hurt my bank account. There was a double ccie there tryng to kill voice.
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 892 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Was TShoot the first section? And I'm sorry to hear. I believe in you and know you can do it. The statistics say most fail on their first attempt. Use this to help focus you for the next time, where I'm sure you'll pass again. Reaper and Plazma both said they had to do it multiple times but can proudly claim the title of CCIE.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Oh well man keep on trucking. Your attitude and persistence will get you there before too long.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Sorry to hear about the attempt. But your attitude to keep going will see you with your number soon enough!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    I am sorry to hear that NOC. I am sure you will do fine next time and who knows maybe you passed!
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Not enough time for tshoot. Configuration is huge. I need more time to lab it out. Ill attempt again. Failure is not going to stop me but only hurt my bank account. There was a double ccie there tryng to kill voice.

You got it next time!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    It's a tough test man. IF you didn't pass, some people belive that and still do then I will gladly help you to lay out a strategy for your next attempt. Keep us posted.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    reaper81 wrote: »
    It's a tough test man. IF you didn't pass, some people belive that and still do then I will gladly help you to lay out a strategy for your next attempt. Keep us posted.
    Can you please pm me the strategy beside doing the low hanging fruit and 10mins limit in the tshoot qs. Ty
  • Options
    Total money that went to drain $3300 = hotel cost, work time off, food, gas, & lab cost. icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Even though this is probably not the thing you want to hear right now, it's not completely a waste. You got to go shoot for it and you recognize what you need to do next time. If you didn't pass, that sucks but keep at it. I enjoy reading your threads and I can see how much you've taught yourself since you began this journey. Keep shooting, NOC, and don't let yourself give up on your studies. I plan on asking for your help one day when I want to make my run at the CCIE!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    But now you can say you are in the most exclusive Cisco club; those that had the nerve to actually attempt the lab. As the saying goes "that which does not kill you also makes you stronger" Now you do not have that nagging fear of what is the lab really like which in itself can be a hanger around your neck while attempting the lab.

I admire anyone that actually had the nerve to attempt it even if they did not pass. I have a friend that has made two attempts so far, and is bugging me to be his study partner for number 3. Although I have a full home INE lab that I just play around with, I haven't got serious enough to make that final run. I might as well use my Cisco books as door stops.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    tim100tim100 Member Posts: 162
    Don't give up. Most people do not pass on the first attempt. I didn't. I used the first attempt as an experience to know what I was up against because I didn't know what to expect. Focus on your weak points. Time management is also key. ALWAYS double or even triple check your work. These are the two main things. Lay out a strategy to manage your time. You need time check and re-check your configuration. When the test starts don't just dive into it. Read everything before you start. Create diagrams. There are quite a few strategies. One more thing. This is just my opinion and helped me. Try not to study the night before the test. You need to let your brain relax. Just relax the night before and don't even touch a book. You'll confuse yourself more by trying to cram in more studying and you'll just build up stress.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I will NEVER give up. It definitely hurt my ego and bank account. Today is the first time I will be labbing again after failing.
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    Hey Ninja, so have you actually got the result yet?
    Do they give you a break down of which areas you did well and not so well in?
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I failed my first time too, so did all but one of the other IEs I know. One of the guys here is a triple IE (and now CCDE), we joke he matched attempt numbers in reverse: 3 attempts for his first, 2 for the 2nd, the 3rd he got first time. I honestly think it's down to blind luck if anyone passes first time, as you no doubt experienced yourself you can be as prepared on the tech side as possible and still get flummoxed on the day with stress, bad equipment, over thinking etc. The single biggest difference between attempt 1 and 2 for me was just mindset and the difference that mental preparation made on the day was tremendous.
    Factor the failed exam cost into the overall cost for the journey, a necessary hurdle and nothing more (the ultimate 8 hour bootcamp :) ). I know it feels bad looking at it quantitatively as a loss but you will make it back in spades when you pass.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    rakem wrote: »
    Hey Ninja, so have you actually got the result yet?
    Do they give you a break down of which areas you did well and not so well in?
    yes i did.
    I dont know how much I can tell without breaking the agreement of cisco but there is no break down.
  • Options
    Ahriakin wrote: »
    I failed my first time too, so did all but one of the other IEs I know. One of the guys here is a triple IE (and now CCDE), we joke he matched attempt numbers in reverse: 3 attempts for his first, 2 for the 2nd, the 3rd he got first time. I honestly think it's down to blind luck if anyone passes first time, as you no doubt experienced yourself you can be as prepared on the tech side as possible and still get flummoxed on the day with stress, bad equipment, over thinking etc. The single biggest difference between attempt 1 and 2 for me was just mindset and the difference that mental preparation made on the day was tremendous.
    Factor the failed exam cost into the overall cost for the journey, a necessary hurdle and nothing more (the ultimate 8 hour bootcamp :) ). I know it feels bad looking at it quantitatively as a loss but you will make it back in spades when you pass.

Thanks! I'm back to studying. I'm actually more determined now since I failed. I definitely learned a lot from failing that test.
    There is no backing down. I spent too much time and money to walk away. Although, it did hurt my ego. The good thing is, I dont fear (panic) the lab as my first attempt.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How's it going now?
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    Any new update(s)?
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson
  • Options
    I havent given up. I put too much to quit. Im still labbing as much as I can. One things for sure. I dont want to rush it like before. I dont lab crazy hrs like before. I learned that I need a break once in a while to understand the technology. My body and brain needed it. I know what I have to do. Im setting up my around Oct or Nov.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You'll get there Kim, glad you've learnt from your experience the first time around. That number is waiting for you to pick up!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Awesome man, good to see your still with us!

Oct/Nov That might be around the time I tackle my first attempt if I don't get too distracted with work!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS