Options

Stopping LIFE to pursue CCIE Lab

Comments

• Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Glad to hear you are still hanging in there. I knew from your blog that the crazy hours you were putting in and not listening to your body wasn't going to hold in the long run but every man must learn for himself.

Good luck and we've had quite a few passes here lately at TE. I'm still around if you want to ask something.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    tigerplugtigerplug Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't post here much but just wanted to chime in and say - keep pushing!
    I'm not long back from my first unsuccessful attempts and while the feeling isn't great, it is good to know that the process is there to weed out the weak (the people that won't go back and wont adapt their method).

I've just rescheduled icon_smile.gif keep going!
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Scheduled it for Oct. 25, 2013. $1,500 down the drain. I will NEVER give up on my dreams.
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Best of luck to you Kim. I will be in Hawaii on your test date..either recovering from my failures, OR celebrating a pass. Either way, I will be following your journey.
  • Options
    Ill be on a Caribbean cruise the week after. I might be celebrating or drinking my sorrow away.
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    So how's everything going for you so far? I basically just finished reading this whole thread (the past 4 days) and you have had quite a journey. I'm sure you'll be much more prepared this coming Oct/Nov or whenever you do decide your retake.

It's interesting that you go or used to go to the SCCUG in Glendale. I used to go there too once month around 2009 - 2010 when I was working on my CCNP. We probably live around the same area... well depends what side of the LA Metro you're at. I'm actually on the east side in San Gabriel Valley.

Any way, just bumping this thread to see how your studies are going.
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    Last day. No more studying today but I cant help to think of every scenario. Tired and studying for 15-16hrs a day. If I fail then im going to take it again but deep down in my heart, I know, I did everything I can.

Im excited for tomorrow and nervous but not as bad as the 1st attempt. Ill keep you guys updated on saturday (good or bad news)
  • Options
    routergodsroutergods Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kick ass man !!!
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Good luck! Looking forward to your post exam feedback
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    down77 wrote: »
    Good luck! Looking forward to your post exam feedback

+1

Good Luck!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I dont think anyone's ever wanted the CCIE as bad as Kim.

Go get it man!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    csalajacsalaja Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    I dont think anyone's ever wanted the CCIE as bad as Kim.

Go get it man!!

Exactly, go and conquer that exam!
  • Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can do it!
  • Options
    FAiled.

Passed troubleshooting, failed config. Im scheduling asap! $1500 gone!Well more than that due to hotel, vacation time, food, gas.
  • Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well you are getting closer. Keep at it!!
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    FWIW one of the guys in the room with me passed the CCIE Voice on the same day. His CCIE # is one digit higher than mine and he passed on his 6th attempt. He paid for all attempts/travel/etc out of pocket but he is now making $50k more than the day before he passed.

After my first attempt I went to the rental car and wrote down EVERYTHING that I remembered. I did this so that I could practice any difficult areas in case of a re-attempt. This paid off when I got the passing result 30 days later. Make sure between now and your next attempt that you review any of the areas you think may have been questionable. Your 5 digit number is waiting for you and I have every confidence that you will get it soon!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    carterw65 wrote: »
    Well you are getting closer. Keep at it!!

will do!
  • Options
    down77 wrote: »
    FWIW one of the guys in the room with me passed the CCIE Voice on the same day. His CCIE # is one digit higher than mine and he passed on his 6th attempt. He paid for all attempts/travel/etc out of pocket but he is now making $50k more than the day before he passed.

After my first attempt I went to the rental car and wrote down EVERYTHING that I remembered. I did this so that I could practice any difficult areas in case of a re-attempt. This paid off when I got the passing result 30 days later. Make sure between now and your next attempt that you review any of the areas you think may have been questionable. Your 5 digit number is waiting for you and I have every confidence that you will get it soon!

Yeah Ive wrote down all the things i remembered. I scheduled my test for Jan 10. the latest date that is a Friday.
  • Options
    Close call Kim. You'll get it next time. Tell me if you need any feedback.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    Almost there Kim, keep truckin'! Like @down77 said, the number awaits you - it's within grasp now, one last burst mate!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    Thanks guys. 13 days left. I have been cranking up. studying from 9pm - 2am every weekday. Saturday and sunday are 7am till 2-3am. This is VERY tough. I must keep going until i pass.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Thanks guys. 13 days left. I have been cranking up. studying from 9pm - 2am every weekday. Saturday and sunday are 7am till 2-3am. This is VERY tough. I must keep going until i pass.

You got this. Good luck.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    2 days to go, my the force be with you Kim! You got this mate!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    So how did you go?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    Sadly, its a fail.

Now my problem is scheduling it. All the dates are full. The only date that is left is on June which they will make the new version live. I am already looking at San jose, RTP, vancouver and toronto everyday. Im hoping I see something open. The only country that has something open for next month is sydney. I dont really have $1000 for a ticket to get there and extra $500 pocket money for hotel, food and car rental.

It sucks. Im in the dilemma of waiting the new version. I am still labbing.

A part of me is saying give up since its eating your money. Another part of me is saying dont give up or you will lose everything you invested. I choose not to give up until i get it or else i will regret it for the rest of my life. Anyhow, I only figured out 5 questions on Troubleshooting section. There was really no point of rushing the config if I knew i failed the troubleshooting section.

Back to labbing and not getting enough sleep.
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    That sucks man, you are in a bad spot right now. You can try and buy a V4 spot from someone on boards that is not ready yet. If not, it might be worth to take a break for a couple of weeks to refocus your energies and prepaer for V5. Sadly, I believe the loss of frame-relay and VM's for configuration will change completely the approach to the CCIE R&S.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    I realize time's not on your side Kim and I am not an authority on all things Cisco, but do you need to re-evaluate your approach to this? Doesnt it look like your trying to brute-force the lab? I know it takes a monumental effort to pass it but people on here have passed it at their first shot and I reckon your as good an engineer as they are. Maybe go see Narbik again, if you have the time. The issue may not be deficiencies in your technical skills but elsewhere as in time management, method of approach/preparation etc. I guess my point is we all would like to see you pass, hence the advice. Good luck mate!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    Hey Kim,

What was the issue with the TS? With all your labbing I reckon you should be used to it by now.
    Hope you find a v4 slot.

Good luck.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    ScalesScales Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Sadly, its a fail.

Now my problem is scheduling it. All the dates are full. The only date that is left is on June which they will make the new version live. I am already looking at San jose, RTP, vancouver and toronto everyday. Im hoping I see something open. The only country that has something open for next month is sydney. I dont really have $1000 for a ticket to get there and extra $500 pocket money for hotel, food and car rental.

It sucks. Im in the dilemma of waiting the new version. I am still labbing.

A part of me is saying give up since its eating your money. Another part of me is saying dont give up or you will lose everything you invested. I choose not to give up until i get it or else i will regret it for the rest of my life. Anyhow, I only figured out 5 questions on Troubleshooting section. There was really no point of rushing the config if I knew i failed the troubleshooting section.

Back to labbing and not getting enough sleep.

Do you think maybe V5 will be a better option for you?
  • Options
    wintermute000wintermute000 Banned Posts: 172
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    That sucks man, you are in a bad spot right now. You can try and buy a V4 spot from someone on boards that is not ready yet. If not, it might be worth to take a break for a couple of weeks to refocus your energies and prepaer for V5. Sadly, I believe the loss of frame-relay and VM's for configuration will change completely the approach to the CCIE R&S.

Material/syllabus is changing yes but how do you reckon removing FR and using VMs for config will change the approach? The topologies may get bigger sure and the topics change (no FR, no pFr, more IPv6, add ipsec, etc.) but I can't see a drastic change in what it takes, aside from maybe more variations (which is good as that throws the dumpers/lab memorisers).