• Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »

Thank you Kim; a very interesting read.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520

Nice write-up! Thanks for the pics too. That must be some experience!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423

Awesome write up! Sounds like it was pretty rough, do you see yourself going back every year?
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the review! I was set on INE's bootcamp in about 3 months, but your review pushed me over the edge to go with Narbik. Keep up the great work!
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Great write up! I'll share my experience as well after I finish the 10 day with INE so we can compare stories.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    Awesome write up! Sounds like it was pretty rough, do you see yourself going back every year?

Probably not every year but I will come back. I want to finish security + and CISSP after passing CCIE. Also, I want to jump to CCIE-security or CCIE-wireless.
  • Options
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Thanks for the review! I was set on INE's bootcamp in about 3 months, but your review pushed me over the edge to go with Narbik. Keep up the great work!

I recommend it. He has 10 or 12 days bootcamp. I left after 5 days but there were a lot of guy that were staying for 2 weeks.
  • Options
    down77 wrote: »
    Great write up! I'll share my experience as well after I finish the 10 day with INE so we can compare stories.

Yeah , post it up. Is your company paying for the bootcamp?.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote: »
    Nice write-up! Thanks for the pics too. That must be some experience!
    It was tiring but fun. It definitely brought me to a different level. The way I think and the way I study is influenced by Narbik.
  • Options
    TheShadow wrote: »
    Thank you Kim; a very interesting read.

Thank you for reading!
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Yeah , post it up. Is your company paying for the bootcamp?.

For a part of it yes. The majority of the cost will be out of pocket. They've agreed to cover 50% of the class plus the hotel/travel for the bootcamp. I get to pick up the lab costs (fee, airfare, hotel) when it's time. They will reimburse only for a pass.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Excellent write-up. That looks like it was pretty intense.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice write-up! A tempting option on the road to CCIE. :)
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    "Look at Darby Weaver's review. Google it. LOL"

Probably the last person on the planet I would want to take any CCIE advice from. The guy likes to write... about himself, oh and something called a CCIE...which he has been supposedly working on for longer than I have been on this forum. I don't like to make any post personal but honestly this deserves a BIG warning flag (not as a Mod but as a user who used to follow his blogs here and elsewhere).
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Ahriakin wrote: »
    "Look at Darby Weaver's review. Google it. LOL"

Probably the last person on the planet I would want to take any CCIE advice from. The guy likes to write... about himself, oh and something called a CCIE...which he has been supposedly working on for longer than I have been on this forum. I don't like to make any post personal but honestly this deserves a BIG warning flag (not as a Mod but as a user who used to follow his blogs here and elsewhere).

Agree 100% Anyone who's been around for a while knows to not take anything Darby says seriously. He's like the Perez Hilton of the CCIE business. Not to say anything against Narbik because he is a great guy and very kind and a great teacher. Just don't take anything Darby says seriously.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hows the studying? it's been a hot minute.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey NOC-Ninja. Have not see an update from you in a while. I am a long time reader of your blog and thread and I love the motivational videos you post along with the quotes. I wanted to share a video with you that I recently came across.
    What If Money Was No Object? | in5d.com - YouTube

Good luck in you studies!
  • Options
    Sorry guys. My blog and this thread is dead for now. If I dont update anything then its because I am studying harder than before. My test is pretty close. I dont really expect to pass but I am doing my best to study.

Anyhow, I feel that I have accomplished so much coming from CCNA. I feel that this test is pushing me to my limits and I like it. My goal is to pass but I feel honored just to take the CCIE lab. I came from a long road of non stop studying and here I am, trying to beat the odds like everyone else.

Back to labbing. Stay hungry my friends. Get that CCIE # icon_cool.gif

Flooz @ cool video!
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    That's what I'm talking about.. head in the books, hands on the keyboard, while the brain expands.

Your dedication will no doubt take you to the next level, and you will reap the rewards.. be it this time, next time, or whenever. In the future, you will reflect back on this period of your life and know you did the right thing. Thanks for the motivation and good luck on your exam!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    Thanks!

Its close! 2 more weeks and I will be taking the lab. Nov 19 is my test. I'm having mixed emotions. I dont know if I am ready until I passed the test. I think I did everything I could to prepare for the test. It will be really nice to pass but at the same time, I dont want to get my hopes up just to get crushed. Either way, I am going to attempt again and again until I passed.
  • Options
    Good luck!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 891 ■■■■■□□□□□
    NOC, remain positive. You need to go in with the attitude that you're going to conquer the test. We know statistics. We know history. We know the horror stories. But what I also know is having a clear mind, positive attitude will go a long way to helping you succeed.
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Good luck & Stay steady!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ninja man, bring home the number, will ya!! We are all rooting for ya. Stay calm right?

EDIT: Read reaper81's pass post here and on his blog, should help I reckon.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    T minus 6 days

Im trying to remain positive but I'm panicking. icon_study.gificon_bounce.gif
  • Options
    T minus 6 days

Im trying to remain positive but I'm panicking. icon_study.gificon_bounce.gif

You got this! You have put the time in.
  • Options
    Just got out from the CCIE QA at webinar cisco. We asked "whats the number of active ccie's and when are they going to released the ccie count again?". They said cisco will never released the number due to legal reasons. They said that other people are using it for the wrong reasons.
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    I am really pulling for you NOC. Your dedication has been a great motivator for me and my studies towards my CCNP. Like others have said, forget about the horror stories we have all heard, its your time to shine. I personally don't know anybody that has put forth the amount of effort you have for this.

Just remember when you get your # don't forget about all the rest of us. icon_lol.gif

I will be looking for your post "I conquered the CCIE"
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    We all know it's going to be a big day. But, STAY CALM...!! Very important, in your case.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com