Options

Summer (May 20) 2013 Stanly CC vSphere 5 ICM Class Thread

12346»

Comments

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    **sigh**

for some reason VMware thinks it's OK to give students access to the Enterprise license which happens to not include vDistributedSwitches ,but it is on the blueprint. It's even covered in the class. So the year long enterprise licenses are worthless if we can't build labs based on vDS x.x since we have to use the eval version.
  • Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    Worthless? ... I can live with it. And when I absolutely have to work with vDS, I can nest the shorter-term evaluation download vm within the Enterprise version.
  • Options
    Ok Ok it is a minor inconvenience. I was shocked is all.
  • Options
    scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm surprised the exam blueprint wasn't mentioned as part of the training, it really is key for those aiming towards the certification. I used to work as a VCI for a VATC and no students left my classes without knowing that.

I'll add that it's the Fast Track class on vSphere that gets closest to matching the exam objectives, not Install Configure Manage.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
  • Options
    FireFireFireFire Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any one took the VCP510PSE exam? Wonder any diff between VCP510 and VCP510PSE...
  • Options
    I'm taking the VCP510PSE tomorrow, hoping for a win!!! icon_study.gif
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    Thanks. I am so genuinely sick of studying. I've reviewed over 3 of the study guides floating out there, 2 of the VMWare cert books, working on my production environment and toying around in the test environment. Doing ok on the practice exams but I hear those aren't a good representation. Ugh.
  • Options
    Made it! Woo! 300/500.

Those were the most obscure questions on the face of the planet and I am glad that I will never have to go through it again. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Will post resources and non NDA breaking tips to teh community.
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Hmm what's up next I might do CCNA R:S or CCNA:S (depends on how much time I can find).

But first I have to decompress from this experience, plus I have some infrastructure projects on hold.
  • Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    Congrats, guys! It will be a little longer for me to schedule the exam. I just finished installing a failover vSphere environment in my home lab. Now the hard slog of reading the two books I bought cover-to-cover and labbing them outside the Stanly lab cocoon.
  • Options
    jalu6jalu6 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Hey, has the course started showing up in VMware transcripts yet? Just curious as I don't want to miss out.
  • Options
    FireFireFireFire Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed exam on Friday.
  • Options
    jalu6jalu6 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jalu6 wrote: »
    Congrats!

Hey, has the course started showing up in VMware transcripts yet? Just curious as I don't want to miss out.

Spoke too soon! Just got an email telling me I was registered and my transcript shows I passed the class.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats to all who passed.
  • Options
    Indeed. Good to see all these wins given the (purported but completely true IMO) difficulty of the exam.
    jalu6 wrote: »
    Spoke too soon! Just got an email telling me I was registered and my transcript shows I passed the class.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the smoothness of the system. I assumed there would be some type of song and dance to get everything to sync up, but it look like my exam and class have both registered immediately within the profile.
  • Options
    revbillygrevbillyg Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    anyone have issues logging into myvmware.com? I cant get in with the email address I supplied the school..

also, seeing how this is for 5.0 and not 5.1 should I just use 5.1 anyways or try to DL all 5.0 environment for lab?