Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    oski252oski252 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, that definitely sounds like a flustercluck! Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How long did it take you to ship out to CRC after your got your clearance?

Thanks,
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    90 pct of major defense contractors have positions. Just go to their sites and take a look. Or check clearancejobs.com.

I've been seeing a lot of Sys/Net Admin roles but not that many IA positions. Money is indeed drying out.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    maybe because the IA positions are already filled??
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You are quite correct, and in addition there's higher turnover for Sys Admin and Net Admin positions compared to IA/Infosec/Cybersecurity roles.
    Kenny23692 wrote: »
    maybe because the IA positions are already filled??
  • Options
    oski252oski252 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Physical down, dental next....
  • Options
    aaw1125aaw1125 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used to work for them several years ago. You can move up into the ranks rather quickly. However, the money isn't as good like it used to be, b/c Vectrus and any other company overseas is always trying to shave the money and cut costs. I still keep in contact with guys over there and from what they've stated the quality of work has been going down the drain for a while.
  • Options
    RobSnowden23RobSnowden23 Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will be heading to Kuwait soon.. Did anyone had the Hilton Beach club membership ? was it worth it?
  • Options
    MagniciousMagnicious Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If anyone is interested my employer out in Doha, Qatar is hiring for System Administrators. Here's a breakdown

- 60 hours per week
    - Own apartment and car provided (live off base in nice apartment)
    - 5 days a week
    - Secret Clearance Needed
    - MCSE & Security+ is required

They also have a level 2 System Administrator position which pays higher but requires a VMware VCP certfication.

Finally, we are also gonna have some network admin positions as well which require a secret clearance, CCNA, and Security+. If anyone of you are interested just PM me.

The salary is around $115k to $125. If anyone is interested let me know I can help out my fellow techexam guys.

Qatar is a fun country and the accommodation you will live in will be close to downtown. There's clubs, great restaurants, many things to do during your off time.
  • Options
    peteyfbabypeteyfbaby Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm interested, message me if you can (I can't send messages). I'm cleared with both certs and only a short flight away.
  • Options
    L0rdN1k0nL0rdN1k0n Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Magnicious wrote: »
    If anyone is interested my employer out in Doha, Qatar is hiring for System Administrators. Here's a breakdown - 60 hours per week - Own apartment and car provided (live off base in nice apartment) - 5 days a week - Secret Clearance Needed - MCSE & Security+ is required They also have a level 2 System Administrator position which pays higher but requires a VMware VCP certfication. Finally, we are also gonna have some network admin positions as well which require a secret clearance, CCNA, and Security+. If anyone of you are interested just PM me. The salary is around $115k to $125. If anyone is interested let me know I can help out my fellow techexam guys. Qatar is a fun country and the accommodation you will live in will be close to downtown. There's clubs, great restaurants, many things to do during your off time.
    Got me think about this now lol??????
  • Options
    josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Qatar is pretty great. I don't live near down town though despite my best efforts icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just completed a technical interview for a OPT in (Kuwait or Afghanistan), is anyone familiar with their current pay scales, benefits, housing, travel etc. Also what is the current uplift in Afghanistan and is anyone up to date on where OPT positions are located in Afghanistan.

I believe I was told I would be contacted by a recruiter in a week if not, to reach out. My technical interview was today, I was hoping to go through any questions I may have prior to me accepting the positions or so I may ask the recruiter prior to the up coming week. Thanks for the help everyone!
    V/R

• Options
    That all depends on the company and location for the total pay, presumably you are referring to Vectrus. I've heard they are back to 70% in AFG for full uplifts and I know they have "offices" in Bagram, HKIA, RS HQ, and NKC, probably some others, that's all I can speak for personally. Based upon what I could get from one of my former cable techs who took an OSP tech job with Vectrus before deciding to go to Djibouti, it appeared to be ~130K including uplifts but don't quote me on that.
  • Options
    That's great for me, i'm still way in my early career in which case has mostly been overseas, I see this as a great opportunity to save and hear nothing but positive things from employees from Vectrus. I hope I'm able to gain skill sets and become an asset to company if i'm selected.

My continued education will to help support mission requirements. I did inquire about hours and received a 56/h work week which I assume 7-8 or or 5-12 which is way below my norm. @lordQarlyn, the interviewer told me to contact the recruiter after a week if I haven't heard anything, should I contact them or wait. I'm attempting to keep punctuality without going overboard, I just have to be on my best game if i'm selected.

Again Vectrus will be a great opportunity for me in my young career in hopes that I can maintain my entire career seeing the world while getting paid. I going to continue working my skillsets, so i may hit the ground running when I arrive. But I will train using their techniques for future opportunities.

I'm in it for the long haul!!!
    V/R

• Options
    johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Xepher wrote: »
    That's great for me, i'm still way in my early career in which case has mostly been overseas, I see this as a great opportunity to save and hear nothing but positive things from employees from Vectrus. I hope I'm able to gain skill sets and become an asset to company if i'm selected.

My continued education will to help support mission requirements. I did inquire about hours and received a 56/h work week which I assume 7-8 or or 5-12 which is way below my norm. @lordQarlyn, the interviewer told me to contact the recruiter after a week if I haven't heard anything, should I contact them or wait. I'm attempting to keep punctuality without going overboard, I just have to be on my best game if i'm selected.

Again Vectrus will be a great opportunity for me in my young career in hopes that I can maintain my entire career seeing the world while getting paid. I going to continue working my skillsets, so i may hit the ground running when I arrive. But I will train using their techniques for future opportunities.

I'm in it for the long haul!!!

You sound like Vectrus HR or a Vectrus recruiter writing this review icon_lol.gif. You and your two posts
  • Options
    johndoee wrote: »
    You sound like Vectrus HR or a Vectrus recruiter writing this review icon_lol.gif. You and your two posts

Aww, maybe he is just young and excited. icon_lol.gif I was like that once before cynicism took over.

@Xepher, yeah I would send a short email inquiring on the status.
  • Options

@johndoee, being in the IT field, one can be resourceful, I rather not represent myself to any company in a negative outlook, I do understand how contracting works and some of the things that happen which I won't discuss here. =)

i'm flying in with open arms, and many of my personal contacts have had no issues in regards to working for Vectrus, so i'm currently advocating them unless my experience with them shows otherwise. (been contracting 6 years straight with no significant issues other then moving up in the world $$$)

Here is the current information based on recruiter and current post. Also making to the sand box with no prior military or Leo is difficult, so this door that opened itself up will be great! (I assume recruiters generalize people not being able to handle limited conditions is why they ask for prior military)

Also from what i've seen on these forums, there are testing centers I may utilize and the down time will be significant which is great since i'm in school for IT + studying for my certifications now.

Also it's on my bucket list to go to the middle east (Afghan preferable (since not everyone can go here) ), eventually I want to do a tour in Antarctica. I'm a young enthusiastic contractor =)

Locations for my position.

Bagram, HKIA, RS HQ, and NKC
    Kuwait
    Qatar

Housing

Kuwait: 2 BD Apartment (shared)
    Qatar: Unknown
    Afghan: RLB Connex

Pay: Unknown (5 days from now until I follow up with the recruiter and hopefully receive a firm offer if they haven't sent one)

Notes:

Been 6 years overseas (with limited amenities and substandard conditions)
    Current Student BSIT
    Certs: A+ Sec+ Net+ (soon)
    Full Clearance w/ (NATO/COMSEC Endorsements (previously))
    V/R

• Options
    I just received my hard offer contingent upon completion of medical etc. I currently have a AKO account. I'm attempting to stay way ahead of the game, other then the required CBTs is there any other way I can keep myself ahead of the curve? Or does anyone have the current info required for Afghanistan I.E Vaccination list etc?
    V/R

• Options
    I just received my hard offer contingent upon completion of medical etc. I currently have a AKO account. I'm attempting to stay way ahead of the game, other then the required CBTs is there any other way I can keep myself ahead of the curve? Or does anyone have the current info required for Afghanistan I.E Vaccination list etc?

1. That CRC CBT list on the Ft. Bliss website is wrong.
    2. It's a new list that has about 7 CBT training requirements. The new CBT requirements changed in the past 120 days.
    3. They are going to send you appointments and you'll have a POC for OccuMED or a like medical provider. They will take care of all of your immunizations prior to deployment. Believe me, if you can't pass medical, physical, dental prior to arriving at CRC .. You won't be going to CRC. I don't care what date they told you, you'll never get a plane ticket. Don't worry about none of that.
  • Options
    @johndoee, being in the IT field, one can be resourceful, I rather not represent myself to any company in a negative outlook, I do understand how contracting works and some of the things that happen which I won't discuss here. =)

i'm flying in with open arms, and many of my personal contacts have had no issues in regards to working for Vectrus, so i'm currently advocating them unless my experience with them shows otherwise. (been contracting 6 years straight with no significant issues other then moving up in the worlId $$$ if Vectrus is moving up in the world icon_lol.gif you are going to be moving up to Jupiter or Mars when/if you find out what other companies are paying IT staff. Buttttt, I don't know what's on your resume and some require higher clearances and higher certifications. So, that's the catch.)

Here is the current information based on recruiter and current post. Also making to the sand box with no prior military or Leo is difficult (yeah right), so this door that opened itself up will be great! (I assume recruiters generalize people not being able to handle limited conditions is why they ask for prior military)

Also from what i've seen on these forums, there are testing centers I may utilize and the down time will be significant which is great since i'm in school for IT + studying for my certifications--Vectrus used to pay only about 1500 for professional development. Not sure what it is now. Probably 1550 icon_lol.gif. Either way, plan on paying for professional development out of pocket

Also it's on my bucket list to go to the middle east (Afghan preferable (since not everyone can go here) ), eventually I want to do a tour in Antarctica. I'm a young enthusiastic contractor =)

Locations for my position.

Bagram, HKIA, RS HQ, and NKC
    Kuwait
    Qatar

Housing

Kuwait: 2 BD Apartment (shared)
    Qatar: Unknown
    Afghan: RLB Connex

Pay: Unknown (5 days from now until I follow up with the recruiter and hopefully receive a firm offer if they haven't sent one)

Notes:

Been 6 years overseas (with limited amenities and substandard conditions)
    Current Student BSIT
    Certs: A+ Sec+ Net+ (soon)
    Full Clearance w/ (NATO/COMSEC Endorsements (previously)) If it doesn't show up in JPAS as active/current you don't have it. If you let CISSP expire, you don't have it icon_lol.gif

Good Luck
  • Options
    Good Luck

-Completed Background (currently under investigation phase now)
    -I know my Nato/Comsec won't pop up, but I can easily get it, but don't need it since position doesn't require it.
    -Received updated CBT directly from recruiter
    -Up to date on all task
    -waiting for med folks to contact me
    V/R

• Options
    I also wanted to note, i'm not doing anything until I have CRC confirmation.
    V/R

• Options
    I also wanted to note, i'm not doing anything until I have CRC confirmation.

Understand.

You will not get CRC confirmation until all of your medical has been completed and the results have been reviewed and received. That's the final step to get the ball rolling. Every week somebody doesn't make it through medical at CRC. Vectrus like any company wants to minimize you being "that guy". So, some things they do are understandable. Some companies send people to CRC to deploy based off a resume and that person can't pass CRC for any combination of medical issues. Who cares what's on the resume of the individual has medical issues. Or something that makes them non-deployable. ..So, knowing those now saves the company time and money. IF someone (not you) can't pass medical, dental, blood work, etc while at the home of record, it's not point in sending them to CRC. They will stay at the home or record.
  • Options
    -Completed Background (currently under investigation phase now)
    -I know my Nato/Comsec won't pop up, but I can easily get it, but don't need it since position doesn't require it.
    -Received updated CBT directly from recruiter
    -Up to date on all task
    -waiting for med folks to contact me

Side Note:

I forgot that Vecturs will sponsor a clearance. Everyone in IT in the Middle East knows that...Just a side note for anybody reading that might benefit from a clearance.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I initially declined their offer for service desk and Vectrus has been pretty quiet since. If anyone has any leads in Middle East for Info Sec, message me.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    Side Note:

I forgot that Vecturs will sponsor a clearance. Everyone in IT in the Middle East knows that...Just a side note for anybody reading that might benefit from a clearance.

On what you said earlier, I've expedited my process by completing everything instantaneous upon receiving anything (I setup a notification for any email from Vectrus to be sent to my work.

Also on the note of clearances, most companies are able to sponsor clearances some more then others, as noted in the job description "Secret clearance or ability to obtain one", higher clearances usually require the lower level dependent on your credentials and the need for that slot.
    V/R

• Options
    Process update:Completed all pre CRC CBT's (saving time before I go to CRC), requested medical paperwork to get process started, but denied until clearance is verified, which will happen next week.

So I did some reading, and the contract i'm an applicant for ends 11/30, should I wait until after this period before I resign from my current job to see if it's still worth doing it?
    V/R

• Options
    peteyfbabypeteyfbaby Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT resign from your job until your recruiter schedules your CRC date and confirms via email. Vectrus is a staple in the middle east so the contract isn't going anywhere. Also, once you get your clearance and are out here, you'll have plenty of options.
  • Options
    peteyfbaby wrote: »
    DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT resign from your job until your recruiter schedules your CRC date and confirms via email. Vectrus is a staple in the middle east so the contract isn't going anywhere. Also, once you get your clearance and are out here, you'll have plenty of options.

^^ This 10000%! Vectrus is known for sending out offers that aren't really solid lol. People have resigned on the offer letter only to find out that they won't be going for months out. It is not a sure thing until you get a CRC date.