Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    that was my offer as well. was hemming and hawing over it for a while, when a better opportunity in qatar fell in my lap.

i did hear that some new, potentially higher paying positions were coming to swacc though, so i'll be keeping my eyes on that.
  • Options
    oski252oski252 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The apnea isn't as big a deal as it once was. You will need a medical waiver. To get one you will probably be asked for a copy of you last sleep study and the log files from the CPAP device proving regular use. They don't want you expiring from not using the CPAP as prescribed. Just ask your doctor for a copy of the study and the CPAP will either allow you to copy the report to a thumbdrive or a retrieve a code to produce a report depending on the manufacturer.

I don't know the criteria they use for Afghanistan vs. other vacation destinations, so I can't say.

Good luck

Thank you for the info! I asked a buddy of mine who was over there and he said the guys he knew had theres shipped to them and didnt mention it during CRC. I want to make sure I do things correct just in case.

Thanks. Just filled out e-qip today so I'm still waiting......
  • Options
    Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LittleBIT wrote: »
    Iraq is in need of Service Desk / ADPE personnel.

If anyone is looking for this type of work, please apply online.

Rates are:

$28/Hr
    60HR work week
    70% uplift for first 40HRS (-10% Iraq Tax) (hourly base rate x uplift)
    50% OT for anything over 40HRS (hourly base rate x OT rate)
    $13,000 End of Contract Bonus
    $3000 travel
    *You can claim foreign income tax credit on your Taxes. I was able to get credited for ~$7K / -$19K (Iraq PIT). Not the full amount, but w/e.

You need:
    Active Secret Clearance
    Security+ minimum
    Server+ or MCSA 2012 at a minimum

Contract is good until NOV 2019

I thought Vectrus has moved away from server+.....Why do u need mcsa to do service desk? Are you doing SA roles as well?
  • Options
    DonklanderDonklander Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kenny23692 wrote: »
    I thought Vectrus has moved away from server+.....Why do u need mcsa to do service desk? Are you doing SA roles as well?

Those aren't Vectrus requirements, those are ARCENT requirements.
  • Options
    sidenote, I just had to take my annual security clearance refresher training, and they literally mentioned resumes and said "keep it generic and not specific"

-Active TS
  • Options
    Is there a link available for this position?
    LittleBIT wrote: »
    Iraq is in need of Service Desk / ADPE personnel.

If anyone is looking for this type of work, please apply online.

Rates are:

$28/Hr
    60HR work week
    70% uplift for first 40HRS (-10% Iraq Tax) (hourly base rate x uplift)
    50% OT for anything over 40HRS (hourly base rate x OT rate)
    $13,000 End of Contract Bonus
    $3000 travel
    *You can claim foreign income tax credit on your Taxes. I was able to get credited for ~$7K / -$19K (Iraq PIT). Not the full amount, but w/e.

You need:
    Active Secret Clearance
    Security+ minimum
    Server+ or MCSA 2012 at a minimum

Contract is good until NOV 2019
  • Options
    peteyfbabypeteyfbaby Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What's ft. bliss CRC like? Anybody been through it?
  • Options
    johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    peteyfbaby wrote: »
    What's ft. bliss CRC like? Anybody been through it?

Is that a rhetorical question? 80% of the people on this forum post that has been overseas with Vecturs or other companies went through CRC, but you knew that. It's a few companies, like KBR who don't go through CRC but the majority do.

Now that I got that out of the way. I am going through CRC next month or so.

I already have my rental car and hotel reserved.

Now, CRC itself. It's really just an in-processing establishment. They/It is in place to process you through to make sure you are fit for a deployment. You have a lot of mandatory classes and medical requirements. I am not getting into all of that I will save the best for last.

The barracks were probably built around the 1970's. The rooms are open and the showers are open. It is not bunk beds but single beds in the bedrooms. Three single beds and three wall lockers.

Rental Car- You can rent a car. You are required to register it and park in designated parking spots. But, this is a military base. As long as you don't park in front of building 1013 or whatever number it is you are good to go. They can't tell your car from any other person that drove on base..not unless you park somewhere and make it obvious. I have been through CRC a time or two and only registered my car once. When I go again soon I am not registering my car. I will park a building or two over and go on about my day.

Some mandatory events you are told not to drive to. I have driven to those events anyway. Same as above, just park a building or two over from the event and walk it. I can walk 5 minutes for the peace of mind and convenience. It's a military base. They don't know if you are walking back to the barracks, walking to the bus stop, or any other place on base. Nobody is following you. In all honesty, just the medical events I drove to. Those events where I could easily blend in. The events on the other side of base like the M-4 let me shoot at the screen bang bang events are harder to blend in. If it were my first time, like it's more than likely yours I would just catch the bus like everyone else.

-Hotel- Do you like sleeping in a room with two other people of the same sex with whom you don't know? Well, I don't. So, a hotel is beneficial. But, you can't have a hotel without a rental car. It's about 5 hotels just leaving Ft. Bliss and driving straight for 3 minutes. It's a Marriott outside of base and some other options. I could leave my hotel and be at CRC in less than 15 minutes. If you stay off base it's malls, restaurants, Mexico (also not suggested), and whatever else you can think of. I heard it's a hotel on base as well. Do your research. I would prefer to blend in with the local population (outside of base) rather than on base housing. That is personal preference.

That's the short story.
  • Options
    thanks for the info, I'm just curious because I did a bunch of medical and dental stuff already and was cleared. will they do that stuff again?
  • Options
    aljaha2aljaha2 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    peteyfbaby wrote: »
    thanks for the info, I'm just curious because I did a bunch of medical and dental stuff already and was cleared. will they do that stuff again?

Peteyfbaby,

Yep they will do it if you aren't deployed within 90 days. I recently got my CRC date just after my 90 days expired so Vectrus had OccuMed send me back to do medical/dental assessments again. Only think I'll say is while you are waiting to be deployed to maintain and/or improve your health so if you have to get medical/dental again it will be a breeze.
  • Options
    My CRC date is well within 90 days, I'm just worried that I'll still be subject to the poking and prodding again.
  • Options
    SyntheticMeSyntheticMe Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Getting closer.

What do you all recommend to ship things over in to APO in ME/Asia? Rubbermaid Actionpacker, "Gorilla box", others? Or should I just bring a toothbrush and fresh skivvies and get it all there?

Thanks
  • Options
    aljaha2aljaha2 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Getting closer.

What do you all recommend to ship things over in to APO in ME/Asia? Rubbermaid Actionpacker, "Gorilla box", others? Or should I just bring a toothbrush and fresh skivvies and get it all there?

Thanks

Gorilla and/or Pelican boxes are not allowed, this is what was communicated to me by Vectrus recruiting
  • Options
    Really?

I shipped my stuff exclusively in gorilla boxes / foot lockers the many times I was in country.

Interesting.

Anyone going to CRC next weekend?
  • Options
    SyntheticMeSyntheticMe Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    aljaha2 wrote: »
    Gorilla and/or Pelican boxes are not allowed, this is what was communicated to me by Vectrus recruiting

Not to Texas, CRC that will be a 40 liter backpack, to ship over via USPS. I am looking at 48 gallon or smaller lockable Rubbermaid Actionpacker. Not terribly sure where to buy gorilla boxes yet. Was looking for advice.
  • Options
    518518 Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Really?

I shipped my stuff exclusively in gorilla boxes / foot lockers the many times I was in country.

Interesting.

Anyone going to CRC next weekend?

AFAIK, once you are in country, you can use gorilla boxes...nobody would care.
  • Options
    RobSnowden23RobSnowden23 Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what is the current uplift is Vectrus is paying for Kuwait/Qatar/AF?
  • Options
    Thanks 518.

what is the average pay for System Admin and IA for positions in Qatar and Afghanistan? to have a better idea. To what I heard some companies are paying a lot lower than others.
  • Options
    Rob, on Dec 2017, a recruiter from Vectrus reached out to me for an IA job in AFG..the pay was $165k incl uplift. Another recruiter also reached out to me as a Net Admin in AFG, again, Vectrus for $135k. Back in 2011, help desk was at $135k and Net Admin at $165k. Obviously, the IA pay would have been more. Their Net Admin in Qatar pays $92k incl uplift. GDIT in Qatar only paid $98k. Money has dried up unless youre with Lockheed, Northrop, or Trace Systems. If the contract requires SCI, thats definitely more money. Jacobs Engineering just won SITEC, I heard their pay for Net Admin is at $220k.
  • Options
  • Options
    The $220k with Jacobs is in Qatar. The perfect balance between money and quality of life. You live in a high rise condo and anything above 46hrs is OT pay as per Qatar Labor Law. Youre welcome, lol

Again, this money is for jobs where SCI is required.
  • Options
    518 wrote: »
    The $220k with Jacobs is in Qatar. The perfect balance between money and quality of life. You live in a high rise condo and anything above 46hrs is OT pay as per Qatar Labor Law. Youre welcome, lol

Again, this money is for jobs where SCI is required.

Don't have a SCI just a secret. I would have been all over this one right nowicon_sad.gificon_sad.gif
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Question for everyone here was just contacted about a Information Assurance Analyst I[FONT=arial, sans-serif] In Kuwait for [/FONT]OMDAC-SWACA program. What is an expected rate of pay and quality of life.
  • Options
    Crc suuuuuuuucks. I forgot how bad this thing is
  • Options
    Crc suuuuuuuucks. I forgot how bad this thing is

Do you mind providing details? I'm hoping to make it there after I'm granted a clearance.

Thanks
  • Options
    It’s just a giant fustercluck. The info/guidance is not given clearly, and no one seems particularly interested in helping you. The way the schedule / conduct all of the mandatory classes and appointments is inefficient and at odds with the operating hours of everything else you need (food, computer lab, px etc). They have one base map and it’s hanging on a wall in the closed door briefing room you’re in exactly once, so getting your bearings takes a minute, which sucks because to get anything accomplished you’ve got to know where you’re going pretty quickly as there isn’t much down time to take care of things.

They herd you up and funnel you somewhat unprepared into appointments where you need to have xyz (no exceptions) but you’ll get conflicting info on what xyz is, and no one wants to help you if you have a minor, easily understandable hiccup. And if you do have a hiccup (your fault, their fault or no ones fault) you have a small window to rectify it, and have to hope a lot of things go right for you to do it.

Everything is spread out across the base, and again getting your bearings can take a minute so that’s a pain. There’s a shuttle that runs, but it doesn’t have a normal ‘here at this time’ schedule, it’s more of an every thirty minutes, and no real way to know if you just missed it or not. It’s also hot as hell and the days are very long. And they constantly discourage you from bringing snacks or drinks anywhere.

Most of the staff is dismissive and irritated at reasonable questions or concerns, and it’s difficult to get assistance as they seem quicker to bounce you to the next cycle.

And all that is without mentioning the small room with two other men and communal showers. But to even get that privilege you have to hope the billeting guys are in their office, and then if they are and assign you a room, then you have to hope you can find the next guy in another building to give you a blanket and pillow lol.

And I’m saying all this from someone who’s been a few times and had a relatively smooth experience. Aside from waiting in a 2 hour line for medical screening and getting kicked to the back of the line due to THEM overlooking paperwork. Only took another 4 hours after that though.

Just go in knowing it’s going to suck and you’ll be good. Otherwise it’s incredibly frustrating
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've never gone through CRC but that does remind me of Sully in Baghdad. I'd say "good times" but it would be a lie.
  • Options
    dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How long would it take someone who already has a clearance to go through the process before going over to Kuwait working for Vectrus? Is there any other overseas DOD contractors you recommend for someone with a clearance already?
  • Options
    90 pct of major defense contractors have positions. Just go to their sites and take a look. Or check clearancejobs.com.

Process takes as long as the typical hiring process and then a few weeks to a month to have your medical screening conducted