Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Speghetty said:
    johndoee said:
    I heard the bonus was about 25K. I heard the money has gone up per hour. I hear that Vectrus is no longer one of the lowest paid in the Middle East.

Rumor has it, IA is making around the 200K mark.

Can someone please confirm or deny these rumors.

Thank You.

Yes. Vectrus is still one of the lowest paid though. 

Yes, the pay went up or yes IA is making around the 200K mark?

Someone told me to my face that the pay went up.

I need you to be more specific as to what the yes applied to please.

Now, go and be great!
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    johndoee said:
    Speghetty said:
    johndoee said:
    I heard the bonus was about 25K. I heard the money has gone up per hour. I hear that Vectrus is no longer one of the lowest paid in the Middle East.

Rumor has it, IA is making around the 200K mark.

Can someone please confirm or deny these rumors.

Thank You.

Yes. Vectrus is still one of the lowest paid though. 

Yes, the pay went up or yes IA is making around the 200K mark?

Someone told me to my face that the pay went up.

I need you to be more specific as to what the yes applied to please.

Now, go and be great!

To both. Pay went up because of the contract extension. Contract ends November though. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Vectrus, ITT, this name or the next. Vectrus has been around for years upon years.

I am a member of a website that sends emails out on new contract awards in the middle east. It seems like Vectrus has a huge presence in the Middle East.

IF you are with Vectrus and you look in Active Directory or even on the Vectrus website, a lot of the countries in the Middle East employs Vectrus IT staff. With the good and the bad spoken of Vectrus, even by me I think it would be hard if not impossible for a company to come and take over the huge footprint that Vectrus has.

With that being said, I don't think they are going anywhere. Have you ever heard of Vectrus lowering the pay in recent years? I haven't personally. Most companies have those option years where another company can attempt to take over. That is like the norm. People used to get with Vectrus, get a clearance, get some experience and leave. People probably still do. But, the increased pay is an incentive to stay. The higher paying jobs with other companies, people have to quit in order for a position to open up. With Vectrus, it's probably a position open that you want or a position that'll open in the next 30-60 days. Plus, in the contract world in the Middle East, everyone known the same handful of companies that are paying outrageous salaries. ..and everyone is watching those same websites so when a position opens up 25 Vectrus employees are the first resumes the recruiter sees. I have learned that it's more who you know than what's on a resume and Vectrus employees can't keep a secret.

Thanks for the information.

Now, go and be great!
  • Options
    johndoee said:
    Vectrus, ITT, this name or the next. Vectrus has been around for years upon years.

I am a member of a website that sends emails out on new contract awards in the middle east. It seems like Vectrus has a huge presence in the Middle East.

IF you are with Vectrus and you look in Active Directory or even on the Vectrus website, a lot of the countries in the Middle East employs Vectrus IT staff. With the good and the bad spoken of Vectrus, even by me I think it would be hard if not impossible for a company to come and take over the huge footprint that Vectrus has.

With that being said, I don't think they are going anywhere. Have you ever heard of Vectrus lowering the pay in recent years? I haven't personally. Most companies have those option years where another company can attempt to take over. That is like the norm. People used to get with Vectrus, get a clearance, get some experience and leave. People probably still do. But, the increased pay is an incentive to stay. The higher paying jobs with other companies, people have to quit in order for a position to open up. With Vectrus, it's probably a position open that you want or a position that'll open in the next 30-60 days. Plus, in the contract world in the Middle East, everyone known the same handful of companies that are paying outrageous salaries. ..and everyone is watching those same websites so when a position opens up 25 Vectrus employees are the first resumes the recruiter sees. I have learned that it's more who you know than what's on a resume and Vectrus employees can't keep a secret.

Thanks for the information.

Now, go and be great!
    That is correct in that it is who you know. There are also some companies that wont hire you based on that you have worked for Vectrus now. It also depends on the contract if they lowball it. I am currently with them and I have seen more people leaving than coming in. I have talked to people leaving and they say the pay and bonus is not worth it.
  • Options
    heezyhuynh404heezyhuynh404 Registered Users Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think SAIC won the contract for OMDAC-SWACA II, they are already looking for positions to support 160th Brigade, will that affect Vectrus in any way?
  • Options
    I think SAIC won the contract for OMDAC-SWACA II, they are already looking for positions to support 160th Brigade, will that affect Vectrus in any way?
    It hasent been awarded yet.
  • Options
    To be honest, I can name about three companies that have almost if not the same job description as some of the positions on the Vectrus website. I say some to keep it as vague as possible. 

So,  it's a lot of knowns and even more unknowns. I applied for a position, then went to a different company website and applied for a position then realized I applied for the same position twice with two different companies. 

It's hard to tell at this point. But, I have been a part of acquisitions in the past. I will say this-

If you are there when a new company takes over, you have priority. They are trying to keep you there because you are already there. That is one less position they have to fill. I am not saying the pay won't be lower, I am just saying that they try to keep people in the seat that already occupy the seat. 

I hope Vectrus keeps it. Rarely in the contact world does a company obtain a contract and the pay goes up. It's known to stay about the same if not lower, but never up. 
  • Options
    johndoee said:
    To be honest, I can name about three companies that have almost if not the same job description as some of the positions on the Vectrus website. I say some to keep it as vague as possible. 

So,  it's a lot of knowns and even more unknowns. I applied for a position, then went to a different company website and applied for a position then realized I applied for the same position twice with two different companies. 

It's hard to tell at this point. But, I have been a part of acquisitions in the past. I will say this-

If you are there when a new company takes over, you have priority. They are trying to keep you there because you are already there. That is one less position they have to fill. I am not saying the pay won't be lower, I am just saying that they try to keep people in the seat that already occupy the seat. 

I hope Vectrus keeps it. Rarely in the contact world does a company obtain a contract and the pay goes up. It's known to stay about the same if not lower, but never up. 
    I have had in the past go up out here not so much. I think when the initial one was talked about being won the new companies were sending out offers to older employees for i think a 20-30 percent cut. 
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Speghetty said:
    It hasent been awarded yet.
    When is the contract change supposed to happen?
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    I have no clue. I know that this extension ends Nov 30 2019.
  • Options
    LuchiLuchi Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just got an email from a recruiter for a Network Admin position in Kuwait. Anyone know what the salary range is now? Also, what can I expect from the technical interview so I can study up before then?
  • Options
    DPrice1972DPrice1972 Registered Users Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm getting mixed signals. I was offered a position, I accepted the position and....nothing. No contact from the recruiter, nothing from the security guys to run my clearance, nada. They just disappeared. 

Hopefully, I can get on with another company.
    ISC(2) CISSP ~/~ ISACA CISM & CISA ~/~ CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Project+ ~/~  PMI CAPM ~/~ Axelos ITILv3 Foundation
  • Options
    SyntheticMeSyntheticMe Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Call them they are 24/7.
  • Options
    Sent another email, will see if he replies to this one.
    ISC(2) CISSP ~/~ ISACA CISM & CISA ~/~ CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Project+ ~/~  PMI CAPM ~/~ Axelos ITILv3 Foundation
  • Options
    Eight days since he said the security department would reach out soon. I am going to lose out on this job. Are there other companies that will front the security clearance? I've looked at a few but the ones I have checked seem to want the clearance already active.
  • Options
    Two things, read the rest of this blog and don't quit your current gig until you have a firm travel date.
  • Options
    Two things, read the rest of this blog and don't quit your current gig until you have a firm travel date.
    I've been unemployed since January and I have read most of the post. I would murder a bag of puppies to be able to work. CompTIA A+/Network+/Security+/Project+, ISACA CISM/CISA, ISC(2) CISSP, Axelos ITIL Foundation, PMI CAPM and I can't find anyone willing to do a face to face. 
  • Options
    brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited May 2019
    I've been unemployed since January and I have read most of the post. I would murder a bag of puppies to be able to work. CompTIA A+/Network+/Security+/Project+, ISACA CISM/CISA, ISC(2) CISSP, Axelos ITIL Foundation, PMI CAPM and I can't find anyone willing to do a face to face. 

How much experience do you have? And do you list all these certs on your resume? You might be coming off as over-qualified aka too expensive to recruiters/hr. You usually see section manager/director types with CISSPs and CISMs.
  • Options
    I have been working in IT since 1996, yes the certs are in my resume. I don't have a BS.
  • Options
    I feel you DP.  If i'm not mistaken, if they haven't said no, the offer still stands.  The word glacial comes to mind dealing with parts of this.  Hang in there.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I have been working in IT since 1996, yes the certs are in my resume. I don't have a BS.
    I would maybe tune it down a bit unless you're applying for management positions. Ideally the resume should be customized for whatever job you apply to. Only list what they ask for and maybe one or two things additional.  That laundry list seems to scream overqualified for basic sys admin work but that's just my two cents. Seems like you'd be looking for 75k at the least which a lot of companies don't have.

Good luck with Vectrus though.
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    johndoee said:

Companies that bid on contracts, post jobs as contingent upon award positions, that doesn't necessarily say they won the contract, but use it in their bidding process I.E, "I have this many people ready to support this contract"  But what people say about contractors don't give raises etc, that also depends on the contract, because i've seen contractors give 1-2$ raises and better benefits which is significant. It depends on what the contract scope is and the contractor officer and other people would know this. DPrice1972 said:
    I'm getting mixed signals. I was offered a position, I accepted the position and....nothing. No contact from the recruiter, nothing from the security guys to run my clearance, nada. They just disappeared. 

Hopefully, I can get on with another company.
    They are working with thousands of applicants, within the Middle East and outside, usually current employees will take priority, the key to getting the job is applying yourself, call them ask questions ask for updates status etc. SyntheticMe said:
    Call them they are 24/7.
    The recruiters aren't 24/7, they work nights in Kuwait and work to accommodate the eastern time zone.

Sent another email, will see if he replies to this one.
    If you can call them call them. To note if you don't have a clearance, I believe they'll prioritize applicants with a clearance over yours. 
    V/R

• Options
    Have you been talking to a recruiter or are you still waiting for your clearance to be verified. Vectrus has nothing to do with the clearance verification, a third party does this is why it is taking a bit, until the recruiter has verification on both medical and clearance, they can’t do anything and won’t proceed. Once you get those two check boxes then you’ll get the LNO contact after a final offer letter if there are any changes. But if for some reason you fell off and need to talk to recruiter hit me up I’ll have a recruiter in your ear within one or two days.
    V/R

• Options
    Xepher said:
    Have you been talking to a recruiter or are you still waiting for your clearance to be verified. Vectrus has nothing to do with the clearance verification, a third party does this is why it is taking a bit, until the recruiter has verification on both medical and clearance, they can’t do anything and won’t proceed. Once you get those two check boxes then you’ll get the LNO contact after a final offer letter if there are any changes. But if for some reason you fell off and need to talk to recruiter hit me up I’ll have a recruiter in your ear within one or two days.
    I've been speaking to a recruiter.  His last email to me was:

>Thanks you for contacting me regarding your security clearance process, we understand your motivation to get through the process and obtain your >clearance and join our team supporting vital communications in the middle east. We have submitted your documents to our security department for >processing but unfortunately there is a big backlog with clearances. We expect the process to move more quickly very soon because our company has hired >a few more personnel to assist. You have been patient and we request just a little more time while this backlog is addressed. As soon as I receive an update I >will definitely contact you but in the meantime all we can do is wait because we have completed the necessary actions to our security department to initiate >your process. 

>Thanks for your patience.

I sent an LinkedIn message to a recruiter in Colorado, https://www.linkedin.com/in/herroya-hickerson-b3b666169/ No reply.

I get that since I have no clearance, I am not a priority. That doesn't bother me. It's the lack of communication. I applied for a job a year ago that required a clearance and the security team reached out in 2 days and I had my E-Qip profile submitted in 3. I just hate being left out in the cold.

• Options
    Xepher said:
    I've been speaking to a recruiter.  His last email to me was:

>Thanks you for contacting me regarding your security clearance process, we understand your motivation to get through the process and obtain your >clearance and join our team supporting vital communications in the middle east. We have submitted your documents to our security department for >processing but unfortunately there is a big backlog with clearances. We expect the process to move more quickly very soon because our company has hired >a few more personnel to assist. You have been patient and we request just a little more time while this backlog is addressed. As soon as I receive an update I >will definitely contact you but in the meantime all we can do is wait because we have completed the necessary actions to our security department to initiate >your process. 

>Thanks for your patience.

I sent an LinkedIn message to a recruiter in Colorado, https://www.linkedin.com/in/herroya-hickerson-b3b666169/ No reply.

I get that since I have no clearance, I am not a priority. That doesn't bother me. It's the lack of communication. I applied for a job a year ago that required a clearance and the security team reached out in 2 days and I had my E-Qip profile submitted in 3. I just hate being left out in the cold.

Once you get to Kuwait, you’ll understand, we all been where you have been, the government is slow with clearances and it isn’t fast, even when you come on the process from CRC to your final is long, but once you finish everything, it will be worth it, just keep your head up. Not trying to advocate against Vect, but you can explore other options while you wait and pick what you want based on your needs.
    V/R

• Options
    Just a FYI Vectrus has won multiple contracts in the past month so they are trying to fill hose positions. I know that one of the contracts the employees received a 60k payout for most positions. Also Dprice send me your resume I’ll get you in contact with the recruiting manager. Will also pass it along to country management. You shouldn’t be in a NA role but I know we have one open here right now.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Are there other companies that will front the security clearance? 

For overseas contracts, Vectrus is the only one I know of that will sponsor. However, state side there are plenty of companies that will sponsor, in government heavy areas especially.

Your searches should be for phrases like "ability to obtain a clearance" etc. Good luck.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    Honestly, I would do anything. After the year I have had, I want to sell my house, put my crap in storage and go overseas. Maybe come back in 5 years or so.
    I can do helpdesk or Information Assurance. 
  • Options
    Honestly, I would do anything. After the year I have had, I want to sell my house, put my crap in storage and go overseas. Maybe come back in 5 years or so.
    If you’re just trying to get a IT job overseas I can get you on a job with a week or so, probably less, but it won’t be for Vectrus. Let me know what you think.
    V/R

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Xepher said:
    If you’re just trying to get a IT job overseas I can get you on a job with a week or so, probably less, but it won’t be for Vectrus. Let me know what you think.
    Obviously you offered Dprice first but if he's good or you have more I'd love to send you a resume also. I've also accepted a Vectrus offer for SA and am still waiting to start the clearance process as well if that matters.