Options

Anyone else get the invite for the Server+ 2009 beta?

Comments

• Options
    desertmousedesertmouse Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone else get (about) 9 emails last night from Prometric? I'm wondering if it has something to do with this exam, or was it a systemwide fluke, or just a fluke for me?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was caused by me trying in vain to login to Prometric's Web site for hours yesterday. icon_mad.gif Something was sure problematic there for quite a while.
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Still says tested, omgarsh!
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I got a "courtesy" phone call from Prometric today. The woman said she just wanted to let me know that they were waiting on compTia to get back to them with results for the Server+ beta and they would update my test status accordingly. WTF???
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Essendon wrote: »
    I got a "courtesy" phone call from Prometric today. The woman said she just wanted to let me know that they were waiting on compTia to get back to them with results for the Server+ beta and they would update my test status accordingly. WTF???

That was... nice of them?
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    Cthu1huCthu1hu Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I emailed CompTia yesterday about when the results would come and I got this reply back today:

The beta period took longer than anticipated so the remaining exam development for Server+ has taken longer. We expect to release the scores in late January or early February.

Ouch!! I emailed the woman who issued the vouchers for the exam.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I emailed CompTia yesterday about when the results would come and I got this reply back today:

The beta period took longer than anticipated so the remaining exam development for Server+ has taken longer. We expect to release the scores in late January or early February.

Ouch!! I emailed the woman who issued the vouchers for the exam.

We waited this long... I suppose that by now we have mastered the sacred skills of patience. A little longer won't hurt.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    By the time they get those damn results out, the material will be outdated.

I've lost any small shred of respect I ever had for CompTIA.
  • Options
    Hyper-Me wrote: »

I've lost any small shred of respect I ever had for CompTIA.

By the time they release the 2009 version, it will be 2010. ;)
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    Yeah, SCSI-9 will be the standard and every physical server on Earth will have been virtualized. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Yeah, SCSI-9 will be the standard and every physical server on Earth will have been virtualized. icon_lol.gif

Actually a lot of the questions were on 5-7 year old hardware anyway so its already got old crap on it. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Actually a lot of the questions were on 5-7 year old hardware anyway so its already got old crap on it. icon_lol.gif
    Data centers in the USA are an average of 12 years old, so that's relatively "new crap" on the exam. ;)
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I just checked Prometric's site and found out that I passed. Woo Hoo.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Options
    azjag wrote: »
    I just checked Prometric's site and found out that I passed. Woo Hoo.

Congrats. Now only VUE needs to answer. XD
  • Options
    steve_fsteve_f Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OMG I passed too! Had nearly forgotten about this exam. I used Prometric too.

Nice early Xmas present.
  • Options
    steve_f wrote: »
    OMG I passed too! Had nearly forgotten about this exam. I used Prometric too.

Nice early Xmas present.

Congrats! Hopefully we keep this momentum up.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Another pass from me :)

(used Prometric)

-ken
  • Options
    I've also got a "Passed" on Prometric, but no mention yet on CompTIA's site that I ever took the beta. It's not real until CompTIA says so! icon_lol.gif

CompTIA Your Certifications Login
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I've also got a "Passed" on Prometric, but no mention yet on CompTIA's site that I ever took the beta. It's not real until CompTIA says so! icon_lol.gif

CompTIA Your Certifications Login

I have still yet to see anything from VUE regarding Server+. I did get a "pass?" for Linux+, but I am still awaiting CompTIA's confirmation.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nothing more than bit of a rant. Appears that I am the only one on here who's failed the Server+ beta. Is there anything you need to do "differently" on the beta, since I always fail the betas.

I think I need to put in more effort for a beta exam. Just the idea of it being free seems to put me off studying for it.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    Nothing more than bit of a rant. Appears that I am the only one on here who's failed the Server+ beta. Is there anything you need to do "differently" on the beta, since I always fail the betas.

I think I need to put in more effort for a beta exam. Just the idea of it being free seems to put me off studying for it.

It is alright. When PDI came out, I failed it by what seemed to be one question. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    joecontrerasjoecontreras Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think I already posted on another section of the forums but I did pass this Beta exam. I failed the Linux version though. Now I am looking forward to seeing the scores to see how close I might have been to failing this one or passing the other. Congrats to all that passed!!
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As per Prometric I Passed the exam icon_lol.gif

so far the only beta I failed was
    Data Center University by APC Associate Certification :D
    never heard about the certificate again after taking the exam in 2006
  • Options
    wd40 wrote: »
    As per Prometric I Passed the exam icon_lol.gif

so far the only beta I failed was
    Data Center University by APC Associate Certification :D
    never heard about the certificate again after taking the exam in 2006

Congrats everyone! :) Hopefully more of us keep passing... I hope VUE wakes up with results soon.
  • Options
    desertmousedesertmouse Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pass here as well (according to Prometric). Just waiting for CompTIA to update their website... what a pain CompTIA is, I have to reset my PW every time I login...
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    Prometric reports 'Passed' on my history as well.
    I guess I'll to wait for CompTIA's final word and find out if I'm Server+ or ScrewedOver+ certified :D
    Usus magister est optimus
  • Options
    PearsonVUE is reporting now. Providing everything stays the same, I have passed Server+.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Yup, Vue's finally updated. It says I passed as well. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Anyone get some confirmation from CompTIA yet?
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    matradley wrote: »
    Anyone get some confirmation from CompTIA yet?

That might not happen for a while, they may be waiting until they've decided to release the exam. How long it's going to take between Vue and Prometric telling us to CompTIA making it official is anybody's guess.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.