Options

Anyone else get the invite for the Server+ 2009 beta?

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Slowhand wrote: »
    That might not happen for a while, they may be waiting until they've decided to release the exam. How long it's going to take between Vue and Prometric telling us to CompTIA making it official is anybody's guess.

I would like my Patience+ certification delivered on a platter then. :)
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    matradley wrote: »
    I would like my Patience+ certification delivered on a platter then. :)

You could always demand your money back if it takes too long. icon_wink.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote: »
    You could always demand your money back if it takes too long. icon_wink.gif

Maybe they'll give me a -$99 credit. ;)
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Yay, passed. Congrats to all on this free exam.
  • Options
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    Yay, passed. Congrats to all on this free exam.

Are you adding it to your list already? :)
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Completely forgot about that exam and just saw it in the history when I checked on something else .. and yea - passed too ... was extremely easy anyway .. a lot of common sense questions (working as admin for 12 years might have helped too :) )
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    CompTIA has confirmed this certification. :)
  • Options
    joecontrerasjoecontreras Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Confirmed on CompTia as a pass for me also and downloaded the certification logo.:D
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Sweet! So, any bets on how long it takes to get the welcome kits? icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Sweet! So, any bets on how long it takes to get the welcome kits? icon_lol.gif

When does the Earth end again? XD
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    CompTIA reports a pass on their website! icon_cheers.gif
    Usus magister est optimus
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    When does the Earth end again? XD

December 21st, 2012. Don't you think that's a little soon to expect our welcome kits? icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Same here .. woop woop woop :)
  • Options
    December 21st, 2012. Don't you think that's a little soon to expect our welcome kits? icon_lol.gif

CompTIA sent me an e-mail to verify my address. Seems like they are starting the process now to deliver the kits. Maybe we will see them by the end of January?
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed too :) ..

a small off topic question..

in my certifications I have "CompTIA A+ (1993) ✳", I passed the exam in 2003, I think it was the 2002 version, any one else has that problem?

I just want to check before I send them a mail.
  • Options
    wd40 wrote: »
    I passed too :) ..

a small off topic question..

in my certifications I have "CompTIA A+ (1993) ✳", I passed the exam in 2003, I think it was the 2002 version, any one else has that problem?

I just want to check before I send them a mail.

I would assume that it means that this is the 1993 version of the exam .. A+ was introduced in 1993 and might not have been updated at the point you have taken the exam or they have added the 1993 because they did update the exam since .. All guess work here though ;)
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Just got my score in the mail for this one. 825. Now if they can just hurry up the Linux+ score, that's the one I'm really curious about.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Yep, Passed too. I had forgotten all about it, just happened to log into their site and it showed the result. I don't see a link to order the cert while logged in their site and no email generated from them. I was told that the results wouldn't be in until January some time, so this was a nice surprise! Congrats to all who passed!
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    undomiel wrote: »
    Just got my score in the mail for this one. 825. Now if they can just hurry up the Linux+ score, that's the one I'm really curious about.

What's the pass mark?
  • Options
    The mail I received did not have any marks!
    Comptia wrote:
    Dear XXXXXXX,

To ensure you receive your certificate with the correct spelling of your name, please confirm your name and address. The name and mailing address we have on record is:

XXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXX

Before your fulfillment will be delivered, you must login to the system and confirm your name and your mailing address. If the name is incorrect, you will need to contact Customer Service to correct it at 630-678-8300 option 5 or questions@comptia.org.

Please log in with your current ID (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) here: https://www.certmetrics.com/comptia

Best regards,
    CompTIA Customer Support
  • Options
    joecontrerasjoecontreras Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wd40 wrote: »
    The mail I received did not have any marks!
    Score will come via a letter in the mail.
  • Options
    girt81girt81 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got my pass letter today :D Woohoo!
    What's the pass mark?

750/900. Looks like they've tightened it up quite a bit, because it says 615/900 on the website for the old version.
    In progress: IINS (CCNA Security)
  • Options
    girt81 wrote: »
    Just got my pass letter today :D Woohoo!

750/900. Looks like they've tightened it up quite a bit, because it says 615/900 on the website for the old version.

Geez... that is like the Linux+ exam. To pass these suckers, you will have to know quite a bit of the information covered. Server+ and Linux+ are going to be like the Security+ exam.
  • Options
    Score will come via a letter in the mail.

Oh, I will have to wait for a few more weeks to get it then :) , Thanks :)
  • Options
    Cthu1huCthu1hu Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keep an eye out I just got my results in the mail. Passed with an 825!!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Keep an eye out I just got my results in the mail. Passed with an 825!!
    Yes, I just noticed that the letter does have the candidate's exam score--I got an 855. I can't find my Server+ score report from 2003; I don't remember what I got back then.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Good scores, will have a wait a while for my score sheet as I'm in the UK icon_sad.gif

-Ken
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    850 here. Not bad considering I didnt study at all.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    850 here. Not bad considering I didnt study at all.

850 as well, on a funny lets tear apart CompTIA for running an absolutely terrible beta program - did anybody else who tested at Prometric get the letter on the CompTIA letterhead where they spelled the URL incorrectly for CareerID as "careereid"?