Options

Stopping LIFE to pursue CCIE Lab

Comments

• Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    No labbing or studying today. Ive been really sick. Damn Flu never left! Im going to lab tomorrow.
    Downtime sucks!
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Hope you feel better!
  • Options
    Thanks.
    I had a flu! Damnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!
    I lost 5 days of studying. Doc gave me some antibiotics yesterday. I still feel weak but its time to lab. I took a shower and turned on the gears.
    Im hoping to hit 5hrs today! Lets do this shi!!!
  • Options
    I finally hit 300hrs today (3rd month)! I think I got to lab 100hrs a month.
    It does not feel like I have accomplish a lot but at least its moving... slowly.
    Its slow at work so I have a few hours to study. icon_thumright.gif Goodnight!
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    I finally hit 300hrs today (3rd month)! I think I got to lab 100hrs a month.
    It does not feel like I have accomplish a lot but at least its moving... slowly.
    Its slow at work so I have a few hours to study. icon_thumright.gif Goodnight!
    congrats! your progress certainly is inspiring. here's to another 300 hours and beyond.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Wow. That's fast. I did 600h in a year lol. Don't get burned out, keep making progress.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    jameshardy2012jameshardy2012 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi NOC-Ninja, firstly I hope your feeling better, I've been following your journey for a few months and its enlightening and inspiring. Just had a look at your blog and like the pictures of your lab. Quite an investment and looks good. Can you remote to it from work? icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    congrats! your progress certainly is inspiring. here's to another 300 hours and beyond.
    Thanks! Goodluck on your NP-sec!
  • Options
    reaper81 wrote: »
    Wow. That's fast. I did 600h in a year lol. Don't get burned out, keep making progress.

The sacrifice on labbing time is CRAZY. Crazy is an understatement. Turgon was right that its all about your bandwidth. I sacrificed sooooo much to get those labbing hours. Sadly, I still need to learn more. The hours doesn't really matter since I know there's still so much to learn. For me, I want to track how much time and energy I spent to CCIE. It might take me 1200hrs to 1500hrs of just labbing before I feel like I'm ready. Furthermore, if ever I fail then I might hit all the way to 2000hrs. lol

Its scary to get burned out but luckily I already know how to deal with it. icon_twisted.gif

How is your labbing? Are you ready for January ? Thats your lab time right?
  • Options
    Hi NOC-Ninja, firstly I hope your feeling better, I've been following your journey for a few months and its enlightening and inspiring. Just had a look at your blog and like the pictures of your lab. Quite an investment and looks good. Can you remote to it from work? icon_wink.gif

Thanks! I can if I really want to but I have to buy more hardware and its tough. People goes in and out here so sometimes if Security Engineers or System Engineers needs something then I have to stop in the middle of labbing to help them. I like labbing at home when nobody will bug me. Well there is one, which is my girl but that's normal. lol
  • Options
    labbing for a few hours before New Years / 2012! lol
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Man your one of the most inspiring persons I have ever come across. Been following your blog closely since it's been up, in fact I read your updates just about everyday (or when you post them, that is). That Eric Thomas video in your blog is truly inspiring, thank you for that. You a true inspiration Kim.

I wish you the best in your quest for that number and with the kind of work ethic you have, you deserve the number in your first go at it.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    Man your one of the most inspiring persons I have ever come across. Been following your blog closely since it's been up, in fact I read your updates just about everyday (or when you post them, that is). That Eric Thomas video in your blog is truly inspiring, thank you for that. You a true inspiration Kim.

I wish you the best in your quest for that number and with the kind of work ethic you have, you deserve the number in your first go at it.

Thanks man! Eric's video pumps me up all the time! I hope I do pass this year. However, just in case i fail, I will keep going.

Back to Labbing, the whole day!
  • Options
    Just got done labbing BGP and QoS for 8hrs. Wow Im really tired! Goodnight!
  • Options
    I received updated Narbik workbooks. They added bootcamp in the WB. Pretty cool! Labbing the whole day again!
  • Options
    I want to be a Rockstar in the CLI so I bought this.
    rock.jpg
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    goodluck!! your posts are very inspirational, keep up the hard work!!
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    I want to be a Rockstar in the CLI so I bought this.]

those drinks have been my secret addiction recently. love them.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    pruspeter wrote: »
    goodluck!! your posts are very inspirational, keep up the hard work!!
    thank you! Will do till i Passed.
  • Options
    those drinks have been my secret addiction recently. love them.

Yeah, it helps a lot. I usually go feel really tired in the afternoon after labbing. Now I drink these to help not to fall asleep. However, my body (hands and knees) starts shaking sometimes. Maybe its the caffeine. confused.png
  • Options
    Finally done with 7hrs of labbing (PBR, redistribution, IP SLA, GRE Tunnels) and 1hr of reading. Time to go to bed!
  • Options
    honohono Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The sacrifice on labbing time is CRAZY. Crazy is an understatement. Turgon was right that its all about your bandwidth. I sacrificed sooooo much to get those labbing hours. Sadly, I still need to learn more. The hours doesn't really matter since I know there's still so much to learn. For me, I want to track how much time and energy I spent to CCIE. It might take me 1200hrs to 1500hrs of just labbing before I feel like I'm ready. Furthermore, if ever I fail then I might hit all the way to 2000hrs.

Hi NOC-Ninja,
    I did the same: 1200hours in one year but in November I failed,
    Now my second attemp will be for february and I think I will have about 1500hours of labs.
    If we want to succeed, we must make sacrifices..
    good luck for the future,

Daniel
    Daniel
    CCIE R&S
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    hono wrote: »
    Hi NOC-Ninja,
    Now my second attemp will be for february and I think I will have about 1500hours of labs.

Daniel

But it's all worth it Daniel. In the nearly 5 years I have been on the forum hundreds of people have declared their hand to pursue the CCIE. Less than 10 regulars have passed it. The process changes you and exceeds anything else I have studied for in terms of knowledge transformation and capabilities and that includes..MCSE, CNE, CCNP. Many are called, few are chosen. Im sure you will finish the trip this year.
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    But it's all worth it Daniel. In the nearly 5 years I have been on the forum hundreds of people have declared their hand to pursue the CCIE. Less than 10 regulars have passed it. The process changes you and exceeds anything else I have studied for in terms of knowledge transformation and capabilities and that includes..MCSE, CNE, CCNP. Many are called, few are chosen. Im sure you will finish the trip this year.

Hi Turgon,
    Thank you for the encouragement,
    Now, I wait, impatiently, to pass the lab in February...
    Daniel
    CCIE R&S
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Good luck on your Lab in feb!
  • Options
    Shanman wrote: »
    Good luck on your Lab in feb!

Thanks Shanman,
    Daniel
    CCIE R&S
  • Options
    hono wrote: »
    Hi NOC-Ninja,

Daniel

I'm expecting to fail but hoping to pass. lol All the CCIE that I talked to face to face failed on their first attempt. I dont expect much but Im also not giving up if it takes me 3yrs to pass it.
    Goodluck on your next test. How bad did you fail on the first test?
  • Options
    I'm expecting to fail but hoping to pass. lol All the CCIE that I talked to face to face failed on their first attempt. I dont expect much but Im also not giving up if it takes me 3yrs to pass it.
    Goodluck on your next test. How bad did you fail on the first test?

Thanks NOC-Ninja,
    For my first attempt, you can read my post:
    www.techexams.net/forums/ccie/72235-failed-my-first-attemp-month.html
    Daniel
    CCIE R&S
  • Options
    O I see. Keep us updated on the next attempt.

I received Ruhann's Routing-Bits Handbook RS. I bought it as a gift for myself and an investment. A CCIE candidate recommended me to get it. Its helpful for daily references at work and to help me on my test. I recommend this book to anyone that is trying to pass CCIE RS. Its worth every penny! icon_thumright.gif

I REALLY think its better than the CCIE cisco press book.
  • Options
    I labbed 4hrs tonight. I did PBR, redistribution, and IP SLA again.
    My back hurts from the chair. I guess I need a better chair. Wrist are starting to hurt cause of typing and jumping to the mouse. Eyes hurts since I have been looking at a monitor for 13hrs today. Tired! All these hours and its still not enough! Tomorrow again!