Options

VCP5 and EMC/NetApp classes online at Dallas County Community College

Comments

• Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Tim_ wrote: »
    tprice5:

I no longer have permission to send private messages on this forum, but maybe I can still receive them. If you send me your e-mail address, I'll forward some more information to you.

Get my PM?
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    Tim_Tim_ Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sent you an e-mail with the latest news.
  • Options
    SamMerlotteSamMerlotte Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Am I only the one playing catch up on the NetApp "labs?" They're boring. I put labs in quotes because I don't find these clicking exercises that engaging.
  • Options
    rob3bbrob3bb Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am way behind on the netapp labs. I am going to complete the final exam. I'll continue netapp at my own pace till I my access gets cut off
  • Options
    My concern is that he's going to withhold exam vouchers from those who don't complete it before the class ends.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Doing the labs is probably going to be a requirement of the class. You can't blame him if he doesn't give you the voucher in that scenario.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    according to his latest email you won't receive the NetApp voucher till you complete the Advance Emc/NetApp course
  • Options
    For some reason, I thought the NetApp voucher was included this class. Oh well. No worries then.
  • Options
    Am I only the one playing catch up on the NetApp "labs?" They're boring. I put labs in quotes because I don't find these clicking exercises that engaging.
    The available "labs" are completely worthless. We should have access to two hands-on labs, but they don't work.

Basic NetApp Configuration and Administration Self-Paced Lab Part 1
    Basic NetApp Configuration and Administration Self-Paced Lab Part 2

For some reason, I thought the NetApp voucher was included this class. Oh well. No worries then.
    The vouchers were supposed to be included with the class, but Newman is a fraud who is guilty of perpetrating a bait-and-switch.

I absolutely refuse to take the "advanced" storage class.
  • Options
    Has anyone received an EMC voucher yet?
  • Options
    haven't received anything yet
  • Options
    Nothing yet. The one good thing about this course ... it's over.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    Maybe we will get our vouchers on Christmas Day as a present.
  • Options
    -hype-hype Member Posts: 165
    Can anyone offer feedback on the VMware course? I am on the Stanly waitlist, but just can't wait that long. It seems like the guy who teaches this class is pretty disorganized / loony.

As long as I can learn and get credit for the class and a voucher for the exam- I would be happy.
    WGU BS IT:Network Administration
    Started: 10-1-13
    Completed: 9-21-14
    Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU
  • Options
    Maybe we will get our vouchers on Christmas Day as a present.
    Will we be so lucky to be gifted something we have paid for?
    -hype wrote: »
    Can anyone offer feedback on the VMware course? I am on the Stanly waitlist, but just can't wait that long. It seems like the guy who teaches this class is pretty disorganized / loony.

As long as I can learn and get credit for the class and a voucher for the exam- I would be happy.

I have a coworker who took the VMware course at DCCCD this semester and he seemed pretty happy with it.
    WGU MSISA
  • Options
    So, I decided to give myself an X-mas present by enrolling in the VMware course and the EMC/NetAPP course through DCCCD. The classes were filling up fast and I needed to keep my self focused.

Hopefully, I have more people from this forum who will be joining me.

Current Fees and Seats:

c0b7730b1cee029d6864da586b56aca2.png

EDIT: Just noticed some folks not getting their vouchers for the exams? Also frustrations with the course design? Should I drop the course?
  • Options
    -hype wrote: »
    EDIT: Just noticed some folks not getting their vouchers for the exams? Also frustrations with the course design? Should I drop the course?

You're not going to find much love here for the storage course. The VMware course still remains recognized by VMware as an ICM course and therefore a suitable checkbox for obtaining your VCP.

My recommendation, hold fast with the VMware course. Drop the storage. You couldn't pay me to repeat that course.
    WGU MSISA
  • Options
    MagnumRPMagnumRP Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You're not going to find much love here for the storage course.
    I second this. I couldn't take the "digicle media" and the "lungs", and I just gave up after he told me in an email response to "relax".
  • Options
    MagnumRP wrote: »
    I second this. I couldn't take the "digicle media" and the "lungs", and I just gave up after he told me in an email response to "relax".

If I can get some decent labs and atleast learn a little bit about storage, I will be happy. Especially since the EMC voucher is like 200$.
  • Options
    the labs were useless and I still haven't received my voucher
  • Options
    So I dropped the course, hopefully they'll refund me the money without a hassle.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I almost signed up for that course until i read the experiences from people here a few weeks ago.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    Received my EMC voucher today
  • Options
    Would you please do me a favor, rob3bb? Newman never added tprice5 to his e-mail list for the class, so he will not receive a voucher. I'd like to find out if Newman sent each person a unique voucher number. If all of the vouchers are the same, then I'll e-mail tprice5 a copy of it.

The last three digits of the voucher I received are:

E5A

If your voucher ends with those numbers, then we probably all received the same one.
  • Options
    My voucher doesn't end in e5a. I assume I can just add the code when I register for the exam
  • Options
    Thank you for your help, rob3bb, and, yes, there will be a field to enter the voucher number when you register for your exam.
  • Options
    Anyone taking the advance class :)
  • Options
    I would be very surprised if anyone on this forum takes that class after what we just went through.
  • Options
    I was joking when I asked about the advance class
  • Options
    Ah, now I see the smiley face.