Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• tphan3tphan3 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I still haven't received anything.... I don't even know what's going on anymore. Seems like everyone is receiving some type of communication from Cisco except me. lol.
    Same here. I have not heard anything from Cisco. Got to go to the community managers for answers again, sigh...
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I just caught this from Cisco Learning boards:

"Matt Saunders - Community Manager Dec 8, 2016 4:15 PM (in response to reflaing)
    Hi - If you have not heard anything by Monday, please reach out to me here on the site... thank you very much!"

See how Dec 9th became Dec 12th? Magic!

I haven't received a thing either. At this point I'm fine with just getting a test email from them with just a subject line and no body.
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I just caught this from Cisco Learning boards:

"Matt Saunders - Community Manager Dec 8, 2016 4:15 PM (in response to reflaing)
    Hi - If you have not heard anything by Monday, please reach out to me here on the site... thank you very much!"

See how Dec 9th became Dec 12th? Magic!

I haven't received a thing either. At this point I'm fine with just getting a test email from them with just a subject line and no body.

Thank you cyberguypr. I don't really care that much about this at this point. From what I have seen from other posts so far, even people who scored high got a rejection letter. So, this must be a lottery type of thing, not a scholarship. They should change its name tho
  • chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    tphan3 wrote: »
    Thank you cyberguypr. I don't really care that much about this at this point. From what I have seen from other posts so far, even people who scored high got a rejection letter. So, this must be a lottery type of thing, not a scholarship. They should change its name tho

What was the score's like?
    chopsticks wrote: »
    What was the score's like?
    Well, one guy on the cisco forum got 28.5/30 and still got rejected. Another one got a 27/30 and in the same situation. I might as well get rejected too.
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/103398
    Ertaz in this forum got rejected even though he got a CISSP. I assume he got a high score
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I didn't receive any emails yet. As Cisco mods told, rejection emails batch are processing first. So those who didnt get emails so far, should get the acceptance letters today hopefully. All the Best.
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Well it's the 10th in Cisco land. I've not heard anything from Cisco since... 25th October email asking for me to give more info by 31 October, which I did.

EDIT:

I missed it on the list, but the emails are going out and might take a little while to come through. They said to contact them (Matt) if we haven't heard by Monday, so a couple more days then.

EDIT2

Quote from here.

robertdrysdale points out so well in this thread, it can sometimes take quite a while for the system to chew through all the emails, and it appears that perhaps the non-accept emails might be processing first.

Nothing from cisco

If you still have not heard anything by Monday, please follow up directly with the support team team via the following emails address: support@t2000inc.zendesk.com.

Please do also expect them to have a high volume of cases currently.

Thank you very much, and best of luck.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • rcsoar4funrcsoar4fun Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Since there isn't nearly enough angst and speculation out there, I'll throw this out. I know of at least one person with a few Comptia certs and a lower score that was accepted and got his letter.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    OctalDump wrote: »
    Well it's the 10th in Cisco land. I've not heard anything from Cisco since... 25th October email asking for me to give more info by 31 October, which I did.

EDIT:

I missed it on the list, but the emails are going out and might take a little while to come through. They said to contact them (Matt) if we haven't heard by Monday, so a couple more days then.

EDIT2

Quote from here.

robertdrysdale points out so well in this thread, it can sometimes take quite a while for the system to chew through all the emails, and it appears that perhaps the non-accept emails might be processing first.

Nothing from cisco

If you still have not heard anything by Monday, please follow up directly with the support team team via the following emails address: support@t2000inc.zendesk.com.

Please do also expect them to have a high volume of cases currently.

Thank you very much, and best of luck.

i also have not heard anything since that Final email
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Got the email today that I was accepted. Male, non-vet. Email stated the first two cohorts were filled and I would get further information on Jan 6th.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • ITBotITBot Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got my acceptance email:
    Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. We're glad you have decided to take part in this life-changing opportunity to become a valued partner in protecting the internet from hackers and other criminals. We have filled the first two programs (cohorts) until the end of June 2017. You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort. We will get back to you by Friday, January 6th with additional information. Please be patient and wait to hear from us at that time.
    Yep, got the same email too seconds ago. Looks like we will have to wait until summer next year. Kinda glad, but I still want to learn now when I am still in school
  • BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Curious!

I just get accepted as well, but that the first two classes are full. Looks like we wont be starting until later in the year.

For the record: Male, non-vet
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Got the email today that I was accepted. Male, non-vet. Email stated the first two cohorts were filled and I would get further information on Jan 6th.

I got the same e-mail, though I am both male and a vet.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    After all my bickering I also just got the acceptance.

"You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort. We will get back to you by Friday, January 6th with additional information. Please be patient and wait to hear from us at that time."

I will be anxiously awaiting communication on January 6th. NOT!!!
  • techsecuritytechsecurity Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I mailed the support asking about the status and a few minutes later I received the acceptance mail for the third cohort. Male non-vet here.
  • 9bits9bits Member Posts: 138 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just got my acceptance, too. Looks like June/July would be the approximate start date, which works for me.
  • 8thdegreepwnologist8thdegreepwnologist Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Accepted. icon_cheers.gif
    Scored a 21.5 on the test, male, vet
  • emekemek Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also got the acceptance email. Scored around a 80%, non vet, checked the box that said less than 5 years experience. This actually works out well for me, as I'll likely have time to finish my CCENT/CCNA:RS now. Woo hoo!
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,013 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    After all my bickering I also just got the acceptance.

"You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort. We will get back to you by Friday, January 6th with additional information. Please be patient and wait to hear from us at that time."

I will be anxiously awaiting communication on January 6th. NOT!!!

YUP, I just rec'd this same email, CHEERS! BURP!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • johny123johny123 Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Today I got the acceptance Email for the 3rd cohort...
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah summer is perfect for me! Have three graduate classes next term so throwing this in would definitely be an issue, though based on the exam topics for SECFND I shouldn't have any issues with that exam. Should definitely learn somethings from SECOPS. Congrats all!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • DarkmanX-DarkmanX- Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got my acceptance email. I'm not sure if those receiving emails are reading the information as I am. I took at as I am in the full classes between now and June, in which they haven't placed a start time for my cohort yet....maybe I am reading it wrong. I hope I am right, I'd love to go ahead and start.
  • Abdullah.AAAbdullah.AA Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yup same here as well:

** Dear ,
    Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. We're glad you have decided to take part in this life-changing opportunity to become a valued partner in protecting the internet from hackers and other criminals. We have filled the first two programs (cohorts) until the end of June 2017. You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort. We will get back to you by Friday, January 6^th with additional information. Please be patient and wait to hear from us at that time. While you are waiting, check out general information on Cybersecurity on the Cisco Learning Network (https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna-cyber-ops) . We look forward to working with you to help expand your career opportunities. Our certifications are recognized throughout the IT world for their quality and depth. Thanks again for your interest in becoming part of an elite team. If you have any questions, please contact us at: support@t2000inc.zendesk.com. Congratulations on your acceptance into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. Learning@Cisco

Male, Non-vet, less than 5 years experience (CCNA R&S and netacad courses). assessment was around 28.5 / 30
    well, looks like we're gonna study this thing together when it picks up, now we can put behind us the ridiculous speculation of whether accepted into this program or not.
    Cisco really took their sweet time with this one :) (I've been waiting for something concrete since they advertised this thing in June :P)
  • abnmiabnmi Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got accepted here as well, male and vet.
  • RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just got the email that I am accepted. It should be starting after June 2017
  • rcsoar4funrcsoar4fun Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looks like I will be joining you fine folks, I look forward to learning more in early March.

I keed, I keed.
  • SmilymarcoSmilymarco Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Same here!!! Wohoooooooooo i'm in!!!! No starting date, but accepted :)
  • xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 118 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just got the same acceptance email re: 3rd cohort, too. Never lose hope! :)

Male, non-vet, less than 5 years professional experience.

What an awesome opportunity - thanks, mistabrumley89, for letting us know about the scholarship back in June!! icon_cheers.gif
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
  • chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    oh I'm in as well. Thanks Cisco! :)