• Options
    cpartincpartin Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    IMAG0068.jpg

Top to bottom:

Pix 506e
    2610XM
    2611XM

2950T x3

Got the 2610XM for $65 shipped, and the 2950T's for $55/ea shipped from Ebay. Paid $275 for the rest (rack included!!!) in a sweet CL deal. After brackets and misc junk I'm about $550 into it but still have WICs and some cables to go. Way overkill for CCENT training but I'm not a fan of doing things halfway. I almost feel like I learned enough just during the buying process to justify the cost of the equipment.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    ZeroHunter wrote: »
    I did not like the way the 5/6' power cords fit in my rack, I had to bundle them all up at the bottom and it was a mess!
    Gah. You know you're a network geek if you really appreciate tidy cabling. Very nice!
  • Options
    ZeroHunterZeroHunter Member Posts: 148
    cpartin wrote: »
    Got the 2610XM for $65 shipped, and the 2950T's for $55/ea shipped from Ebay. Paid $275 for the rest (rack included!!!) in a sweet CL deal. After brackets and misc junk I'm about $550 into it but still have WICs and some cables to go. Way overkill for CCENT training but I'm not a fan of doing things halfway. I almost feel like I learned enough just during the buying process to justify the cost of the equipment.

Nice setup, but I gotta ask is it ok that I get a mild chubby when I see a nice hardware setups?

I like those 2950T's, very nice.
    Z3r0

Skool: Herzing Univ for CCNA
    c0op3r.com
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    I have starting to build a rack at home now. I don't think work realise that at work the test racks 2509 access server, and most of the routers all belong to me.. In fact some of the live network stuff belongs to me as well! wonder how long before they notice when I take it all out :)

All I need is to get hold of 2 or 3 3550's and I will be good to go.

Well I got hold of the list of lab equipment at my new job.

[FONT=Verdana]Vendor Type Model[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Cisco Application CiscoWorks[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Nortel Content Device ACEswitch 184[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Content Device 11050[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Riverbed Content Device 1050H[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Riverbed Content Device 550H[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Content Device 11050[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Riverbed Content Device 8500[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Firewall PIX515E[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Firewall ASA5510[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Firewall 3600[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Firewall ASA5510[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Firewall 310B[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Firewall PIX515E[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Nokia Firewall IP350[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Router 2600[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Router 2800[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Router 7200VXR[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Router 3600[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Router 7513[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Router uBR920[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Router uBR7246VXR[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Router 7505[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Router GSR12416[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Router 3800[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Router 7206[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Router VG200[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Security Appliance VPN3005[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]BlueCoat Security Appliance SG400[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Security Appliance CS1112[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Security Appliance MARS 20[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Security Appliance IDS4215[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Security Appliance ASA-SSM-20[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]HP Server DL360[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Switch 6500[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Switch BPX 8600[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Switch 6509[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Switch 5505[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Switch Catalyst 4000[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Switch 3550[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Switch C3500XL[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Switch 2900XL[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cisco Switch 2950[/FONT]

I think I will put of re-building the home lab for now... 90% of this is never used and I can access the lot from home :) And I am just in the process of adding two brand new F5 load balancers in as part of the new job is to learn that :)

I would take pictures but not sure that the company would like it icon_sad.gif
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    Cisco Firewall 310B
    There isn't a Cisco ASA/PIX 310B. There is a Fortinet 310B tho...
  • Options
    ahh opps. must have been copying the formatting. or a miss type. All this stuff has been a bit neglected so I am going to see about tidying it all up over the comming months. IT takes up 8 racks, with full coverage of termianl servers and a network infrastructure to connet it all togather.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would take pictures but not sure that the company would like it icon_sad.gif

What they dont know wont hurt them. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 892 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Greetings all. I'm new here. I just started to put together my lab that I will be using to study for Microsoft/Cisco/VMware/whoever.

So far, I have 3X Catalyst 3550 24-port Power switches. I just upgraded the IOS today to the ip services.

I copped a Skeletek rack.

I plan on going the GNS and ESXi route with the rack. I have an old PC that I'm going to gut the Q6600, 6GB ram, motherboard with PCI to build a rack-mount server.

I also want to build another GNS3 machine (Linux/Win7).

I bought 3 Adaptec X4 RJ45 NICs. I should have it built by next weekend. I don't have any Linux experience, so wish me luck.
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Devil,

You can build a datacenter with all that equipment! That's your companies LAB?? That's insane!!!
  • Options
    Devil,

You can build a datacenter with all that equipment! That's your companies LAB?? That's insane!!!

I know its a hard life. ;)
  • Options
    Steve202Steve202 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is my lab, consists of two 2610s, 2500, 2920 and a 2960.

p1000393k.jpg

p1000392.jpg

The 2960 is used as my main network switch, the rest are only turned on when I need them.
  • Options
    bomber456bomber456 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
    th_f9ba0e15.jpg th_74ce2d76.jpg

Just thought i'd post my newly set up rack :)
    Currently working on ICND2, which i hope to take in a few weeks!
    3 x 2950 Switches (2x24 port and 1x12 port)
    2610XM Router with 2x WIC-1T
    2620 Router with an WIC-1ADSL card installed
    2503 Routers x 2
    1900 Series Switch

Now for the fun bit to start labbing with it all :)
  • Options
    bomber456 wrote: »
    Just thought i'd post my newly set up rack :)
    Currently working on ICND2, which i hope to take in a few weeks!
    3 x 2950 Switches (2x24 port and 1x12 port)
    2610XM Router with 2x WIC-1T
    2620 Router with an WIC-1ADSL card installed
    2503 Routers x 2
    1900 Series Switch

Now for the fun bit to start labbing with it all :)
    Your lab looks good and has a decent selection of gear except the 1900. That is useless for any current Cisco certification as it doesn't run IOS or even CatOS. The CLI if you've got the "enterprise" version is trying to be like IOS as it was originally designed by another company which eventually got bought by Cisco. You've got plenty of 2950s so you're covered for what you need for CCNA.
  • Options
    bomber456bomber456 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    Your lab looks good and has a decent selection of gear except the 1900. That is useless for any current Cisco certification as it doesn't run IOS or even CatOS. The CLI if you've got the "enterprise" version is trying to be like IOS as it was originally designed by another company which eventually got bought by Cisco. You've got plenty of 2950s so you're covered for what you need for CCNA.

Yeah i know im probably not going to bother using it, i had it awhile back it came with the 2500 routers which i won for 99p + £20 postage lol.
    :)
  • Options
    I am pushing this thread back to the first page as I know that we got some new people and maybe we can get them to post pictures of their labs.

I personally am waiting on one part and I think I will finally have mine dialed in the, I will post some new pictures and information once it arrives, but in the meantime, lets see some hardware! icon_profileright.gif

Here is a link o the Current version: http://www.c0op3r.com/ciscolab.htm
    Z3r0

c0op3r.com
  • Options
    bytenbyten Member Posts: 22 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is a very helpful topic and it really helps to see peoples pictures. One thing for sure...I am hoping for the day when switching and routing hardware will be the size of a nice paperback book, perhaps even a bar of soap. Nice, neat small and more wireless. Now for reality in 2011 I will look forward to cables noodling themselves all over my family room! I did like the nice rack mount. Where is the best place and cheapest place to buy a rack mount for Cisco switches?

Certifications: CEH, Security+, Network+
    Certification Goals CISSP

"The first principle is that you cannot fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." -- Richard P. Feynman
  • Options
    IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I just started studying for the CCENT/CCNA, yesterday! I'm trying to leap into the networking world (coming from Desktop Support after 5 years) and I love checking out everyones labs. I would like to get a lab, but I still need to learn what everything is and what exactly I need.

This forum is awesome, by the way. I'm glad that veritas_libertas made a forum post at WGU about this place.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    IRONMONKUS wrote: »
    Hello,

I just started studying for the CCENT/CCNA, yesterday! I'm trying to leap into the networking world (coming from Desktop Support after 5 years) and I love checking out everyones labs. I would like to get a lab, but I still need to learn what everything is and what exactly I need.

This forum is awesome, by the way. I'm glad that veritas_libertas made a forum post at WGU about this place.

Ah, there is IronMonkus! Just saw your post on WGU's TE thread.

Welcome! :)
  • Options
    IRONMONKUS wrote: »
    Hello,

Well this will be a great place to see, get information and get answer. So let me also say welcome.

Any now make with the hardware p 0 r n !
    Z3r0

c0op3r.com
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    ZeroHunter wrote: »
    I am pushing this thread back to the first page as I know that we got some new people and maybe we can get them to post pictures of their labs.

I personally am waiting on one part and I think I will finally have mine dialed in the, I will post some new pictures and information once it arrives, but in the meantime, lets see some hardware! icon_profileright.gif

Here is a link o the Current version: Photos of my Cisco Lab Rack

What model are those 2600's, the third and fourth ones? And what NM do you have installed?
  • Options
    phoeneous wrote: »
    What model are those 2600's, the third and fourth ones? And what NM do you have installed?

The 2600's are all XM's with max Flash and Ram so 48/256 and the list goes as follows from top to bottom:

2610XM w/ (1) WIC-2A/S & (1) DSU T1
    2610XM w/ (1) WIC-2A/S & (1) DSU T1
    2611XM w/ (2) WIC-2A/S [installed in a NM-2W] & (1) DSU T1
    2611XM w/ (2) WIC-2A/S [installed in a NM-2W] & (1) DSU T1
    2621XM w/ (2) WIC-2A/S [installed in a NM-2W] & (1) DSU T1

The photos do not show the NM-2w in the last unit, I will be posting new updated photo next week.
    Z3r0

c0op3r.com
  • Options
    phoeneous wrote: »
    They're 2611XMs going by the front panel serial thing. Two of the 2611XMs have a NM-2W.

Tell me how I know that they're 2600XMs and not regular 2600s?
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i had posted my lab pics previously but wanted to post my updates. the main host pc has 16 nics running out of it that supports 6 routers with 2 fe each, 3 backbone routers and 1 to spare
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    They're 2611XMs going by the front panel serial thing. Two of the 2611XMs have a NM-2W.

Dual FE ports, which the 2620xm's don't have icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□

You went a page back in this thread to where he posed some larger photos and could actually read the model number? :D
  • Options
    alan2308 wrote: »
    You went a page back in this thread to where he posed some larger photos and could actually read the model number? :D
    Nope. You can tell just by looking at the pictures on the post and without squinting at fuzzy labels on the router itself. The custom front panel says they're just "2611" but you can tell they're 2611XMs instead of regular 2611s because you can see the extra LEDs on the back to signify that it is a 100Mbps connection.

The extra router at the bottom could have been have 2621 or 2651 as well as a 26x1XM however as they all came with two FE interfaces.
  • Options
    ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I figured i would post a pic of my lab too. Nothing to special, just 2 2621xm with maxed out flash and ram and 3 2950g

scaled.php?tn=0&server=618&filename=szbv.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
  • Options
    ziggi138 wrote: »
    I figured i would post a pic of my lab too. Nothing to special, just 2 2621xm with maxed out flash and ram and 3 2950g

Whats at the top a punch-down board?
    Z3r0

c0op3r.com
  • Options
    ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah, It was there when i got the rack. I have just been too lazy to remove it. Maybe when i get more equipment i will remove it. The bottom is just a shelf. That also came with the rack.
  • Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    Here's a few pics of my lab... not too extravagant, but it suits my needs perfectly icon_lol.gif

From top to bottom...
    WS-C2950-24
    2610xm with 1 x nm-1e and 2 x WIC-1t
    WS-C2950G-24-EI
    2610 with 1 x NM-4A/S

I took all the covers off and unplugged the fans to try to keep my wife a little bit happier about me taking over her living room icon_smile.gif

lab1.JPG

My lonely 2501 switch sitting on the other side of the country...... errrrrr... my living room icon_smile.gif
    lab2.JPG