Options

2010 Certification Plans

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
I'll go ahead and start this year's version of this thread.

I'm curious as to what everyone's certification plans are for 2010?

When I look back at 2009, I did most of what I wanted to do in terms of certifications. The only thing that I really didn't do was start on the CMC.

My plans for 2010 include:

CMC - How to Become Certified - Institute of Management Consultants USA

This is probably the highest level certification that I will ever earn. It's for people that do consulting work and is very rare. I will at least start on this in 2010, but I'm not sure that I will complete it during the year. This will probably be the toughest degree or certification that I've ever pursued.

ITIL Master - http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILV3QualificationScheme.asp

This is the highest-level ITIL v3 credential and is currently undefined. The kicker is that I have seen an early version of the requirements, and I know that I already meet them. As soon as these requirements are released this will be a matter of filling in the blocks and wrapping this one up.

ISO/IEC 27002 - Information Security based on ISO/IEC 27002 - EXIN Exams

These exams were released in early 2009 by Exin. I'd like to be able to show some ISO27k credibility to go with the ISO20k experience and cert that I have, and I get two exams per year through Exin at 50% off, so I will probably knock out the foundation and advanced ISO27k exams that Exin offers.

IBM Certs

I'm not sure how much I will do in this area...I know that sometime soon I will be taking exams for a few of the WebSphere products....things I've been putting off forever, and I need to use up the reimbursement that IBM gives us before next March.

IBM has positioned parts of their Tivoli line to focus on IT Service Management, and I might need to spend some time with some of those tools and get some of the certs.

It really all depends on where the demand is in the market.

Other Possibilities:

CBAP - International Institute of Business Analysis | Resource Center

This is a relatively new certification for business analysts that is set to take off within the next year or two. I know that I meet the requirements, it would just be a matter of learning their body of knowledge and taking the exam. Again, it all depends on where the demand is next year.

Cisco Certs - Yes, you read that right.

I have some work for 2010 that we were invited to bid on that involves customized training and consulting around various Cisco technologies.

The customer is interested in us not because of our in-house Cisco talent (we have none), rather, because of prior success in a totally different area.

In all likelihood, I will sub-contract this work to someone qualified if we win it, but still I will be involved to some extent. What that extent is, remains to be seen. I do realize that I probably can't get up to a super-skilled point very quickly.

Those are my thoughts at the moment for 2010 certification, the "My Plans" part is pretty definite and the "Other Possibilities" part is just that.

I'd be interested in hearing everyone's cert plans for 2010.

MS

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hmmm for me ( I just finalized this a couple of days ago, thanks, unixguy)

Linux+
    Security+
    SCSAS/SCSA (we use a lot of solaris at work)
    SCSP (storage)
    If possible: (Start) CCNP and/or Server+

I have started to pull together some boxes for my linux/unix studies and since I want to be well rounded I think the unix certs will help. I think I already have enough experience but I still want to hold off on the SSCP until late next year. I think the ITIL foundations would please management more than myself but I'm sure it is still good information to use. The cwna is a dark horse because I know that people aren't really looking for it (at work) but I think it would be fun to study. I decided against the CCNP for now just because of the fact that the only reason I wanted to do it is because I know a couple of people around me already have it and it made me mad. Ultimately with my *nix certs and ccna+ccna:S I think by the end of next year I will be a NP of a different kind (if this makes sense). I still have Routing I+II on order and I will read them but ultimately the way I'm feeling now is I want to get away from cisco for a while. Besides my job only wants the CCNA anyway.

edit: I had a dream about it, and due to the nature of my job (long downtime and much exposure to cisco items) it may be possible for me to squeeze out the ccnp next year. It really isn't going to be a primary focus of mine but If (and only if) time allows it I may be able to squeeze it out. The only issue is going to be school which I have not decided how many credits I am taking a quarter. I would like to finish out my A.A.S next year but it my be pushed to early 2011. At any rate since I know I will not be working on pushing my L.L.C next year (or at least no where near as heavily as I thought before) the only thing I will have is studying for certs and school, which if I take the amount of credits I think, school won't be hard at all. I feel like if I can get 75% of these done I will be happy.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    End of 2009 - Finish MCITP: EA, only 70-647 to go.

January - Exchange 2010 MCTS, and then wait for the new EMA exam to be released which i'll also do in 2010.

February - Hopefully start a bachelors program at WGU. I have an associates and the certs I have will wipe out a lot of the required credit units so I should be able to churn out a BS in a years time.

Feb or March - MS SQL MCTS that I can use to override the CIW Database requirement for WGU. CIW certs are worthless so i'd rather get something meaningful, while shortening the time I need to be attending WGU.

The rest of the year I will probably be doing a sharepoint MCTS at some point, i'd also like to see MS finally release the MCITP: Virtualization Admin set (itll be 3 tests) and i'll tackle those.

For school i'll have to earn Security+, A+, Network+ and Project+ (took this in beta, so hopefully ill get a pass), and a couple CIW certs.

Plates full.

EDIT: If for some reason I dont pass the MCITP: EDA test i'll probably tackle it pretty quickly in early '10.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am gunning for >

* The MCITP: EA . I have 3 to go, with one scheduled in 10 days
    * The ISA 2006 MCTS
    * Another Exchange cert, unsure which one, as in 2007/2010. Work's probably going to go with 2010 when it hits the shelves, so will be valuable experience helping with the migration.
    * SNIA.
    * ITILv3 . I have failed it once, the material just doesnt make sense to me. Will study up for a week or so and try to wing it. It's a work requirement, so will have to take and pass this.
    * Might just squeeze in the CCNA (currently expired) if I am quick with other certs.

That's going to be a pretty busy year.

Good luck with that CMC, eMeS.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon reminded me about ISA.

I'd like to do a Forefront TMG MCTS if one becomes available in 2010. (ISA is becoming Forefront Threat Management Gateway in the next release)
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm concentrating on WGU for the foreseeable future, but if I find time I want to get a couple more professional level Cisco certs done and possible upgrade my MCSE to whatever the equivalent is for 2008. If everything goes smoothly I may even start studying for the CCIE written.
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    * ITILv3 . I have failed it once, the material just doesnt make sense to me. Will study up for a week or so and try to wing it. It's a work requirement, so will have to take and pass this.

Are you on LinkedIn?

I have some practice questions on my profile there that might help you. I wrote them myself and I believe that they are harder than real exam questions.

MS
  • Options
    I don't mean to thread jack but to all:

How do you come up with your cert plans? Like how do you decided on what certs to do? I have been called out for switching plans alot but that is mostly because I am sure what I want to do but I am not sure how to get there. What is yalls method (man I sound country)?
  • Options
    Hyper-Me wrote: »

January - Exchange 2010 MCTS, and then wait for the new EMA exam to be released which i'll also do in 2010.

February - Hopefully start a bachelors program at WGU. I have an associates and the certs I have will wipe out a lot of the required credit units so I should be able to churn out a BS in a years time.

Feb or March - MS SQL MCTS that I can use to override the CIW Database requirement for WGU. CIW certs are worthless so i'd rather get something meaningful, while shortening the time I need to be attending WGU.

The rest of the year I will probably be doing a sharepoint MCTS at some point, i'd also like to see MS finally release the MCITP: Virtualization Admin set (itll be 3 tests) and i'll tackle those.

For school i'll have to earn Security+, A+, Network+ and Project+ (took this in beta, so hopefully ill get a pass), and a couple CIW certs.

Plates full.

EDIT: If for some reason I dont pass the MCITP: EDA test i'll probably tackle it pretty quickly in early '10.

Have you checked with WGU about transferring your Associates? I've saw postings when I was researching them that sometimes not much was accepted. Also, keep in mind that once your start your degree you can't transfer any credits, so if you get notification of your Project+ pass and MCTS: MS SQL after you start WGU they won't count. At least thats how I read the policies, you should probably speak with someone at WGU to double check.
  • Options
    knwminus wrote: »

How do you come up with your cert plans? Like how do you decided on what certs to do? I have been called out for switching plans alot but that is mostly because I am sure what I want to do but I am not sure how to get there. What is yalls method (man I sound country)?

Personally I think about where the business need will be next year coupled with where I'd like to be in 3-5 years.

I know that next year I will have a lot of ITIL work on my plate. I have quite a bit invested in that already, and it brings in a ton of money at the moment. This is likely to continue for the next several years, and so, when ITIL Master is released it's a no-brainer for me that I really need to get it.

For me the CMC is where I'd really like to be. It would mean shifting my business into higher-end boutique or strategy consulting, but that's ultimately where the *really* big bucks are.

I also know that I will have a lot of IBM-related work, and that I have a certain amount of money to spend from IBM for cert reimbursement.

The Cisco stuff is a long-shot for me, but I do know it's a possibility, so that's how it made it to my list.

I would say don't worry too much about changing plans. Stuff changes, and we all have to adapt to it.

MS
  • Options
    Hyperme:

If it is an A.A.S they can really dick with you credits. If it is an AS or AA then you should get many of your credits.
  • Options
    kalebksp wrote: »
    Have you checked with WGU about transferring your Associates? I've saw postings when I was researching them that sometimes not much was accepted. Also, keep in mind that once your start your degree you can't transfer any credits, so if you get notification of your Project+ pass and MCTS: MS SQL after you start WGU they won't count. At least thats how I read the policies, you should probably speak with someone at WGU to double check.

A friend of mine is going to WGU with the same associates I have and the majority of it transferred in just fine. It was an AAS instead of an AS, so there are a couple gaps I need to fill.

Im pretty sure he told me that you just had to complete the replacement a certain amount of time before you had to take that class, but im not 100% on that. Guess i need to check, and if so squeeze out that SQL test before i start. The Project+ should count either way since i technically took the test before I would have started.
  • Options
    Im pretty sure he told me that you just had to complete the replacement a certain amount of time before you had to take that class, but im not 100% on that. Guess i need to check, and if so squeeze out that SQL test before i start. The Project+ should count either way since i technically took the test before I would have started.

Here's the page I was basing my comments on: http://kb.wgu.edu/display/2n/articleDirect/index.asp?aid=1684&r=0.5338709
    We do not award transfer credit for transcripts received after the initial term start date. No transfer credit will be awarded once a student begins studies at WGU.

Maybe it's different for certifications. In any case, I hope it works out. Good luck!
  • Options
    A friend of mine is going to WGU with the same associates I have and the majority of it transferred in just fine. It was an AAS instead of an AS, so there are a couple gaps I need to fill.

Maybe the rep told me wrong but I was told that they accept very few credits from A.A.S.
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was just making up my plan this morning as I procrastinated the garage cleaning and bottle returns, which have piled up over a couple of months..

The plan actually begins starting tomorrow morning, but most will carry into the new year

MCDST upgrade to Windows 7 - within a couple of weeks of its availability.. I've been skimming the 680 guidelines and peeking in on the 685, and feel pretty confident in a weeks worth of a couple hours a day I'll be ready

MCITP:SA I'm most of the way through my first pass of the AD portion, and plan to test by the end of January.. Will hopefully have the 646 written by the start of summer at the latest

CCENT Hopefully with what I learned in Net+ and the subnetting from the 642 Infrastructure exam, I'll have a decent foundation for this one. If I do well, I'll look into completing the CCNA

When those are complete (at least, when the SA is), I'll probably give a bit more serious of a look into WGU

That's it.. for now :)
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm really kind of starting life all over given my current situation, so the goals I am setting are probably going to be way too aggressive with the time and frustration the other events in my life might consume.

First and foremost, I'm completely done with letting the direction things are taking at my place of employment determine or even really affect my certification plans to any degree. I let that happen last year and I went from being just about ready to sit the CCNA to going down the MS path with the MCITP:EA and then where we are at now which is implementing VMware vSphere4 and a desire to transition to Linux based servers at our remote offices for cost savings. We change directions so fast with so little follow through that I'm done with it, time to focus on what I want to learn for what I desire my career path to take - not learn what's best for my current job at the current time.

That said, I had arrive this week two Cisco 2950's and two 3550's with inline power to round out my aging router lab. More than likely I'm going to use dynamips with my switches. My studies are going to focus heavily on Cisco.

First I plan to tackle the CCNA, I've been reviewing for this but will need to do some subnetting practice again to get my speed up so I don't feel rushed in the exam. I'm going to include this in my 2010 plans but realistically I hope to have this one finished off by the beginning of December. An opportunity with a great organization that I didn't make the cut for at the beginning of this year is going to be hiring again for a program where you spend time studying and earning certs down the Cisco voice path and then get put in the field and ultimately become a consultant at the end. I hope to have the CCNA accomplished by time hiring begins to stand out a bit hopefully.

Next up will be the CCNA Security. Security and voice are my two primary career paths and interests, and I've recently been responsible for setting up our new ASA5510 at work and have been messing around with an ASA5505 at the home and have also worked with several PIX 506's in our enterprise. I have a good bit of experience and I think the knowledge would help round out my skills with however the rest of my Cisco studies take me.

From there, I'm really not making many plans certification wise beyond those. If I manage to get this new job if they do indeed hire another round of candidates then I'll have more to add to my study list. Otherwise, I'll still be keeping my eye out for other jobs.

Aside from studying for certs, I'll be starting the Masters in Information Security and Assurance over at WGU. That will involve a handful of certifications but I'm not far enough along to determine when those will be falling into place yet. Should be starting my program in January though. I had absolutely no desire to head back to the "classroom" study so quickly. Unfortunately with my divorce and ongoing attorney fee's and reverting back to a single income has left me with no ability to afford repayment on my student loans so going back to school (and unfortunately borrowing more) is one way to defer those payments while I dig out of some other debts and hopefully raise my wage in the process.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Same here, except I need the 70-680 (hopefully taking it this week, I've postponed several times already due to work schedule icon_sad.gif). Also I need to learn SCCM, so I might do the 70-401. If I don't pass the 70-686, I might retake it at some point.

VMware - VCP. This is my top priority for the beginning of 2010. I don't have much experience with VMware, so I will learn it while preparing for the VCP. I'm going to dedicate 3 months to this.
    Red Hat - RHCE. I passed Linux+ in 2005, and have been using and working with Linux for years, so I want to take my knowledge to the next level and get the most prestigious Linux cert. I think 3 months will be sufficient, and I'm hoping my employer will pay for the RH300 course which includes the exam (the exam is $800 now!!!).
    Citrix - CCA (various). VDI is exploding in popularity, so I'd like a cert to support my experience with XenDesktop. I might take additional CCA exams (Provisioning Server, XenServer), but no definite plans yet. I have minimal XenApp experience, so going for the CCEE would be difficult. One month per exam should be enough since I have experience with the products.

This is what I am fairly certain of doing. Other than these, I'd like to continue learning Cisco at some point... I passed the CCNA in January, and I want to continue toward the CCNP in late 2010 and into 2011. It's mainly for my own interest, so I might have to skip it for other certs (trying to get the CCEE, for example) more relevant to my career.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    That's the thread I'm trying to avoid...I didn't set 2009 goals correctly, and got dragged into so many other things at work....I'll think of a plan and post it here :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    knwminus wrote: »

I just make a wish-list of everything I want short-term and long-term. I keep it as a Google-doc spreadsheet with my Gmail account.

I change my plans all the time too. However, while I may not stick to my original plan, I do take on something. As long as you keep making progress towards something, you don't have anything to worry about. There's nothing wrong with setting lofty goals because even if you come up short, you'll probably still make a great deal of progress towards whatever you're going after. Just be able to realize that; otherwise, you're going to carry around a sense of failure.

I don't think I did anything close to my 2009 goals. I ended up doing an MCITP:EMA, which I didn't plan on, as well as various others. There's still just under two months left this year, so I'm not ruling anything out yet though ;)

My 2009 priority is actually going to finish up my undergraduate degree. I'm working on one course now, and I have two after that. I also have to test out of two-years of Japanese to fulfill my language requirement. I've taken one year already, but I've moved and my traveling schedule doesn't allow me to take brick-and-morter courses anymore. That's going to be my biggest challenge. I've found a masters program that I like, so I've become motivated in finishing that up and moving on.

As far as certs go, CCNP/DA/DP are on my to-do list.

I've passed the written for my CTT+, and I really need to do the video portion at some point.

I'd like to do SSCP, CISSP, and RHCE at some point, but some or all of those might fall to 2011.

I'll have the opportunity to do some SANS certs as well, but time and money will see how many I actually do by the end of 2010. I'm hoping to get into the work study program, but I don't know how that's going to go.
  • Options
    maumercadomaumercado Member Posts: 163
    Im planning to pick up where I left this year...

MCSE 2003 : Security --> 15%
    MCITP Enterprise

To start next year... --> CCNA, LPIC 1 and 2
  • Options
    rhauser44rhauser44 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    maumercado wrote: »
    Im planning to pick up where I left this year...

MCSE 2003 : Security --> 15%
    MCITP Enterprise

To start next year... --> CCNA, LPIC 1 and 2

I started late this year with updating my skillset, so my plan will be very similar to Maumercado's.

2003 MCSA - Anticipate completion late January, early February.
    MCTIP: EA - Immediately upon completion of MCSA 2003, I will proceed to upgrade to MCITP:EA.

I felt getting both certs would give me more depth in this area than just a single cert. Check my math, but as I counted, certifying MCSA 2003 then upgrading to MCITP involves a couple fewer tests than certifying MCSE 2003, and then upgrading to MCITP:EA. Fewer tests means $$'s saved.

Somewhere in the mix there may be an opportunity to train for VMWare VCP in 2010. That is if my employer pays for it. Or if I get a bonus after the first of the year. Big if's these days.
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Wow what happened to 2009? Are we already only a few weeks out? phew.

Anyway, looking to sit the CCSA exam before the year is out, and then hopefully do CCSE in the early of next year.

Im also looking at taking an ITIL foundations course next spring with whatever exam they have afterward.

Then its full court press on the CCIE lab....again. ;)
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    By the end of 2009 I will have completed the VCP4, but I doubt I'll have gotten to MCITP:EMA by that time, both of these were goals of mine for 2009.

For 2010, I'm going to be focusing more on preparing to obtain a new position. However I still plan to complete the following certs during the first part of the year assuming I'm still at my current job.

* MCITP:Enterprise Messaging - Probably will complete Exchange 2007 since I already have the TS and haven't started planning for 2010 yet in production
    * Will make progress toward MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
    * Will take another crack at EMC Storage Administrator (CLARiiON), I will have gone through an upgrade to the latest platform and will have more experience with some of the tools. Possible that I will have access to some more training.
    * Might begin working on project oriented training and certs. My current company is starting to offer six sigma and I may latch on to that.

Nice to have one or more of these by the end of the year (I fully expect my job situation to change, so I would expect my goals to change...):

* Complete MCITP:EA
    * Master VCP, if it exists next year
    * renew CCNA
    * Complete a TS level cert for SQL Server
    * Complete a TS level cert for ISA or UAG

After I'm done with where ever my next heavy push to complete certs takes me, I'm probably done with "new" certifications for good, other than maintaining the ones that require it, and maybe upgrading to a higher tier in the areas in which I decide to focus... currently VMWare is one and probably storage will be the other.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Here were my goals for 2009:
    MCITP:EA - Complete (I only had 647 left to take)

New Job - Complete

MCITP:EMA - Complete. It was either MCITP:EMA or CCNP depending on the new job. The new job is with an MS partner, so EMA was the winner.

BCMSN - Scheduled 11/30 - need to renew my CCNA by 12/1. If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done.

I got sidetracked with some other certs due to job requirements or requests. 680 - Windows 7, 622 - Deploying Windows Vista, 652 -Hyper-V, as well as a training course and exam for delivering Windows 7 Application Compatibility Factory client engagements. I also got married and spent a few months travelling for business so I had a very busy year.

Goals for 2010:
    Mostly still up in the air because I am running out of MS certs that have value to my career right now. I will probably be required to take a couple so I can deliver some specific engagements like Windows 7 deployments or MDOP proof of concepts. After I pass my BCMSN I may take the BSCI and then the CCDA and CCDP, but I don't know if I will complete the CCNP next year. It just depends on how much time I have.

MCITP:EMA 2010 upgrade. Still not sure if it will be 1 or 2 exams, but I will be updating to 2010 next year. This is my only definite goal.

Microsoft Certified Master, Exchange 2010. This is more of a long term goal because I am not sure all the planets will align to allow me to attend next year. There are exams to take, experience to be gained and the expense of the training to be approved. Hopefully everything will fall into place to allow me to attend a rotation in the fall of 2010. If I get some early information that a Master rotation is possible, all of my training time will be dedicated to Exchange 2010 to prepare for the MCM.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    This fall I have embarked on an epic journey, I am back in school. I'm one of those people who got locked into a career right out of high school then I started working on certifications. I took a class here and there at a community college, maybe a total of 12 credits over a 5 year period with my last class being 4-5 years ago.

This time I am in a school that transferred in my certifications and I am in my first full semester of college ever. I am still working the same full time job, but I am managing to get through it.

I left myself with no choice, I took out a student loan, so now I have to take a minimum number of credits per semester. The good news is that with all the transferred credits (12 from community college and the rest from certifications). I will only have to do the Winter quarter and the spring quarter to finish a 2 year degree and I already have credit toward the 4 year degree from transferred certification credits.

My Certification Goals for 2010 I'm afraid to say will not be a large list. I do have a Linux class and a Cisco wireless class to take at the college, so when I finish those classes I will take the Linux+ exam and the CCNA:W specialization. Right now, those are the only 2 certification goals I have for 2010, that and my associates.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Claymoore wrote: »
    Here were my goals for 2009:

Microsoft Certified Master, Exchange 2010. This is more of a long term goal because I am not sure all the planets will align to allow me to attend next year. There are exams to take, experience to be gained and the expense of the training to be approved. Hopefully everything will fall into place to allow me to attend a rotation in the fall of 2010. If I get some early information that a Master rotation is possible, all of my training time will be dedicated to Exchange 2010 to prepare for the MCM.

OMG, then what will we do!?!? A valuable member will become deified and none will be able to solicit his aid without the sacrifice of a virgin and the poring of much libation.

And while on a geek forum virgins might be in greater supply, they are probably not the type that would please you.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Here are my plans:
    MCITP: DBA 2008 Upgrade Exam
    MCITP: Database Developer (Completed ~May)
    MCTS: SharePoint 2010 (Catch it while in Beta)
    MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (Near End of Year)

In late 2010 I intend on starting to search for new position. But that will depend on the market. I am trying hard to keep focused on SharePoint integration with BI stuff. Very hard with my ADD and so many beta exams having come out.
  • Options
    NorbieNorbie Member Posts: 105
    I would like to get Server+ and Convergence+ before the end of the year.

In 2010 I want:

CWNP:
    CWTS
    CWNA

Microsoft:
    70-680
    70-686

Cisco:
    CCENT
    CCNA

I doubt I will get that much though but that's my goal.
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    MCSA: One exam left for this, 70-291. Want to finish this before the end of 2009.

MCSE by Feb/March 2009

CCENT/CCNA Most likely March/April for this. If I finish this early - I will be able to "test out" of my Cisco 2-4 classes.

MCITP:EA: We'll be upgrading our current infrastructure slowly to 2008. I will get the ball rolling with this cert.

May get some Sharepoint mixed in - since we use it heavily here. Also heard rumors of ITIL for me. icon_eek.gif

Plus finishing up my Bachelors in Network Engineering. I will have a busy year in 2010. icon_study.gificon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The usual. Although I must say most perm opportunities that have come calling are not the least bit interested in supporting me finishing it. I guess they can buy the Gold partner status for very little money these days.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Turgon wrote: »
    The usual. Although I must say most perm opportunities that have come calling are not the least bit interested in supporting me finishing it. I guess they can buy the Gold partner status for very little money these days.

Yeah I think thats true everywhere from what I've heard getting support for high level certs is gonna be on the back burner for most of next year I guess :-/

For my cert plans:-

CVoice by xmas
    Finish my CCVP by March

Then probably move onto CCSP.

Possibly CCIE Voice wrtten by end of the year.

Of course that could all change depending on job situation.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)